Thread: Mike Cameron

Mike Cameron

I thought he was gone ?

Personally I'm glad he's still with us, yea he does or used to strike out allot but numerous times he caught some outfield balls that very few outfielders could even get a glove on. Plus there was so much more he did IMO last year.

If his striking out habit is fixed ( hope the new coach leans into him about that ) he will be one hell of a player this year.

HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    At the last second the Yankees realized they were thinking of paying $10 mil for Mike freakin Cameron, and came to their senses.

I don't see him adding much to be honest. Offensively he ranges from terrible to mediocre at best. And the only reason why he makes those catches in the outfield is cause he misplays so many balls that he has to get on his horse and try and recover. Once his speed is gone he's going to be a horrible outfielder. I just hope his legs stay for one more year.

Personally I just don't see that much in the guy. He seems to me to be a very avg centerfielder. I'd like to see that position batting closer to .300 with steals. I'll give up the long ball for that.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

He's worth 10mil, IMO and based on alot of statistical analysis....his OPS is over .800, defensively he gets to balls other guys don't. He is frustrating to watch because hes so streaky and strikes out so much but they got exactly what they thought they were and he probably won't change this year....low avg, lotsa K's, good power and decent walk totals, good D. The Brewers seem to have too many guys like him though, good power and poor contact, Hall, Weeks, Branyon last year, Hart is getting there too....
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

he's always been strikeout prone. what he brings is gold glove defense, good OBP, stolen bases, and home run production. when he gets hot, he is amazing. aparantly, his clubhouse presence is fantastic as well. good guy to have around, especially with the way Miller Park's center field plays
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson