Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    And you said VP reps will be coming into town for this?
    Correct, i know for Sure Jason @ VP would like to fly in.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

rums of 118 vs c16 cost wise need 2 drums and a couple of 110 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twin-turbo-gnx View Post
    rums of 118 vs c16 cost wise need 2 drums and a couple of 110 thanks
    I can make it happen sir.

As for cost difference, C16 = $735 Renegade 118 = $560

Drums of Renegade 110 = $347 but if you buy in a large order like that, i will cut the price on all fuels

Breecher_7
    What does renegade make for Unleaded race gas? Tell the VP reps that Brad will be accepting Fuel donations!

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    What does renegade make for Unleaded race gas? Tell the VP reps that Brad will be accepting Fuel donations!
    lol, Renegade makes a PRO 102 unleaded (which is like VP's MS 103/ Streeblaze 103)

And between you and me, they are currently working on what i think is going to be my fav a 110 Motor Octane unleaded fuel Even MS109 is only 104 Motor octane. SWEET BABY JESUS i cant wait. Should be first of May when i recieve my first load of that stuff.

As for the VP rep, he is scared already!

however, with my car SBF going together soon and it not being in the car i might take it to T&T engine dyno, and do some fuel testing there. but we'll see what falls into the time frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    I can make it happen sir.

As for cost difference, C16 = $735 Renegade 118 = $560

Drums of Renegade 110 = $347 but if you buy in a large order like that, i will cut the price on all fuels
    I know theses are 55 gallon drums, but are they filled with 55 gallons of fuel? I dont rember but the last tine i bought c16 their was only 50 gallons she said at eh wolf

I know theses are 55 gallon drums, but are they filled with 55 gallons of fuel? I dont rember but the last tine i bought c16 their was only 50 gallons she said at eh wolf
    Vp fills there drums to 54 gallons from their factory.

However, i will promise you every drum that leaves me is at 55.5 gallons

Even my 5gallon pails are slightly over 5gallons.

I can't really comment on the Wolf situation, however i will say a lot of their old customers now order fuel through me.

Vp fills there drums to 54 gallons from their factory.

However, i will promise you every drum that leaves me is at 55.5 gallons

Even my 5gallon pails are slightly over 5gallons.

I can't really comment on the Wolf situation, however i will say a lot of their old customers now order fuel through me.
    well i will get a order up north here and we can move some product. i have a couple of people looking for me to get them some. so lets deal

well i will get a order up north here and we can move some product. i have a couple of people looking for me to get them some. so lets deal
    You got it! Im no stranger to "Helpn a Brotha out"

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Chad, I will not need to try another fuel out -- I will be sticking with VP Q16 as it has proven itself to be the best performing fuel on my setup. I won't have the car until April (tenatively speaking), but if you are interested, we can do something again on Luke's AWD dyno. He will be having another Dyno-Day event around the end of April after my Eclipse is dialed in.

I just don't want to run that Torco stuff that trashed the head last year -- that was expensive. Please keep me updated on pricing for 5-gallon pails, and more than likely a 50-gallon drum. The pails are just much easier for me to transport to/from the track.

Does this Renegade 118 have any specs you can get me? Specific gravity, lead content, oxygen content, key chemical consituents, BTEX percentages, MTBE percentage, aromatic hydrocarbon content %, Reed Vapor Pressure, etc.

If it is similar to the standard C16, then I wouldn't be interested. I have already shown the power gains that can be made off of Q16 vs. C16 -- they are substantial.

Keep in touch Chad!
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Tim-

I totally understand what your saying, and for your car Q16 is the only way to go. Because of the crazy amount of oxygen in the fuel, it makes insane power.

But it comes at a price, as you know. The reason im doing the testing, is to help the guys out who dont have a lot of money to spend on their car for fuel.

The torco you tried out was the 116 NOS i believe, that fuel had a motor octane of 114 i think. I never touched that fuel again. As i was told it was setup for a plate system on a normal small block setup.

As for specs....
    Renegade Pro 118
    Formula Octane 118
    Motor Octane 118+
    Research Octane 120
    Specific Gravity .698
    RVP 6
    Leaded
    Color Pink

C16
    Color: Blue
    Motor Octane 117
    Specific Gravity: .735 at 60° F

I think it will be a great matchup for C16, and the kicker is the Renegade is $4/gallon Cheaper or $220 a Drum savings. As for it matching Q16, it wont be close. There is just too much oxygen in the Q.

As for other specs, J and I will be testing all of that very soon. Im placing an order for fuel from VP today, and i have Renegade's fuel coming soon. So we will test both and have everything documented.
    Last edited by Smokey1226; 02-19-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Chad,

Thanks for the update and the specs on the Renegade fuel. I agree, the fuel has too low of a specific gravity, and too high of a vapor pressure for extreme boost; especially when compared to VP Q16 or Import. I think it will be better for people currently using VP NO2 (Nitrous blend) for the closest comparable alternative with a better price. $4/gallon savings is a good value. Does the specs say what the lead content is? I am guessing around 6 grams per gallon. As well, isn't VP NO2 still around $13 a gallon (at the 5-gallon pail price breakdown)?

It would be interesting to see how the fuel does on a car with a multiple-stage nitrous system and the power gains noted. If you end up dyno'ing a nitrous car, be sure to record bottle temp and pressure, and plug heat range, ignition timing adjustments and jet adjustments so that you can accurately reproduce the test vs. the other fuel being tested.

Good luck man!

Tim-

I totally understand what your saying, and for your car Q16 is the only way to go. Because of the crazy amount of oxygen in the fuel, it makes insane power.

But it comes at a price, as you know. The reason im doing the testing, is to help the guys out who dont have a lot of money to spend on their car for fuel.

The torco you tried out was the 116 NOS i believe, that fuel had a motor octane of 114 i think. I never touched that fuel again. As i was told it was setup for a plate system on a normal small block setup.

As for specs....
    Renegade Pro 118
    Formula Octane 118
    Motor Octane 118+
    Research Octane 120
    Specific Gravity .698
    RVP 6
    Leaded
    Color Pink

C16
    Color: Blue
    Motor Octane 117
    Specific Gravity: .735 at 60° F

I think it will be a great matchup for C16, and the kicker is the Renegade is $4/gallon Cheaper or $220 a Drum savings. As for it matching Q16, it wont be close. There is just too much oxygen in the Q.

As for other specs, J and I will be testing all of that very soon. Im placing an order for fuel from VP today, and i have Renegade's fuel coming soon. So we will test both and have everything documented.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Thank you Sir!

I agree about the Pro 118 being a possible great contender against the N02 and/or C23/C25 Range.

Would be great horsepower on a max effort big inch motor.

As for crazy boost applications, i would of liked to see more SG but then again you can make fuels work if you have too. Like a 400+ Ci turboed setup with mid/low boost settings it could work great too.

Im really likeing their Pro 110 though
    Formula Octane 110
    Motor Octane 108
    Research Octane 114
    Specific Gravity .718
    RVP 7
    Leaded
    Color Purple & Blue

Would be great on a high comp N/a setup.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    Chad, I will not need to try another fuel out -- I will be sticking with VP Q16 as it has proven itself to be the best performing fuel on my setup. I won't have the car until April (tenatively speaking), but if you are interested, we can do something again on Luke's AWD dyno. He will be having another Dyno-Day event around the end of April after my Eclipse is dialed in.

I just don't want to run that Torco stuff that trashed the head last year -- that was expensive. Please keep me updated on pricing for 5-gallon pails, and more than likely a 50-gallon drum. The pails are just much easier for me to transport to/from the track.

Does this Renegade 118 have any specs you can get me? Specific gravity, lead content, oxygen content, key chemical consituents, BTEX percentages, MTBE percentage, aromatic hydrocarbon content %, Reed Vapor Pressure, etc.

If it is similar to the standard C16, then I wouldn't be interested. I have already shown the power gains that can be made off of Q16 vs. C16 -- they are substantial.

Keep in touch Chad!
    Tim, where is this AWD dyno you speak of? I was thinking about going to ams to tune on E85, but if there is some where closer...
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Tim, where is this AWD dyno you speak of? I was thinking about going to ams to tune on E85, but if there is some where closer...
    Well, if you want to get raped, go to AMS. If you want to pay a much more fair price for the same level of quality tuning on an AWD DynoJet dyno, schedule an appointment with Beyond Redline Performance in Green Bay, WI. The website is: www.beyondredline.com
    The contact phone number is: 920-498-1223
    The tuner is the owner, Luke Stubbs.

What are you using for tuning software? Stock ECU? reflash? AEM? etc.

A complete tune on E85 will likely cost around $400 or so. Expect more than double that at AMS.

Here is the page for Beyond Redline's Dyno rates:
    http://www.beyondredline.com/?x=rates

Prices are extremely fair.

If you want to see what AMS charges, here is the link. http://www.amsperformance.com/dynotuning.php
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    Well, if you want to get raped, go to AMS. If you want to pay a much more fair price for the same level of quality tuning on an AWD DynoJet dyno, schedule an appointment with Beyond Redline Performance in Green Bay, WI. The website is: www.beyondredline.com
    The contact phone number is: 920-498-1223
    The tuner is the owner, Luke Stubbs.

What are you using for tuning software? Stock ECU? reflash? AEM? etc.

A complete tune on E85 will likely cost around $400 or so. Expect more than double that at AMS.

Here is the page for Beyond Redline's Dyno rates:
    http://www.beyondredline.com/?x=rates

Prices are extremely fair.

If you want to see what AMS charges, here is the link. http://www.amsperformance.com/dynotuning.php

Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't know there was a shop up there. I am actually up there quite a bit so that may work out. My setup is fairly stock, just bolt on stuff. I tune with ecu flash on the stock computer. i contacted AMS and they will charge $395 for a dyno tune so it looks like about the same cost. Sorry for the hijack, haha
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't know there was a shop up there. I am actually up there quite a bit so that may work out. My setup is fairly stock, just bolt on stuff. I tune with ecu flash on the stock computer. i contacted AMS and they will charge $395 for a dyno tune so it looks like about the same cost. Sorry for the hijack, haha
    It is worth contacting them, as the price may be less than that considering the lack of modifications and the need to only do a reflash.
    Tim Zimmer
    -- Winter Beater --

All fuel is here, and ready for testing. We have 2 of the cars started and waiting for their tunes. My junk will hopefully be ready to roll in 2 weeks. (i hope)

And the specs look awesome, prices are awesome too.
    Plan is to sell the Renegade Pro 118 @ 8.50/gal

and their Pro 116 @ 7.75/gal

Compare the Renegade specs to Rockett Blend and you see yourself!

Rockett 111

Motor Octane-106
    SG-.726
    Vapor-6.0

Rockett 114
    Motor Octane-110
    SG- .727
    Vapor-6.5

Rockett 118
    Motor Octane- 115+
    SG- .704
    Vapor- 5.5

Compared too

Renegade Pro-110
    Formula Octane 110
    Motor Octane 108
    Research Octane 114
    Specific Gravity .718
    RVP 7
    Leaded
    Color Purple & Blue

Renegade Pro-114
    Formula Octane 114
    Motor Octane 111
    Research Octane 117
    Specific Gravity .728
    RVP 6.5
    Leaded
    Color Green

Renegade Formula Octane 118
    Motor Octane 118+
    Research Octane 120
    Specific Gravity .698
    RVP 6
    Leaded
    Color Pink

Breecher_7
    Chad you need to get in touch with Brad to set a time to do this testing. Things are starting to get very busy this time of year. The sooner you give him a call, the better.

will do, i just have to wait for our cars to be tuned and break in miles put on. 2 of the cars have brand new motors, 1 has brand new setup and needs to get used to the changed. So hopefully we can get them ready by the end of the month.