Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    favre was / is a great qb i hope he plays in 09 if not he had a great career and i think he did pretty good with the jets for the time and players he had

93 z28- sold
    91gt Stang -Chevy powered just for all you fORD Buzzards
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

I say good riddance.

He had a great career and it is to bad the last year or so were so F***ed up. I think this time he is done for good. He knows for sure it is time to go.
    500 miles is a trip,1320 feet is a race

Is there a reason people think that this is a unique occurence? This happens ALL THE TIME. Montana, Namath, Unitas, White (Reggie) the list goes on. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but I remember these. If your company forced you into early retirement before you were ready you wouldn't be too pleased either.

Get some perspective guys.

And tarnish a legacy? Puleeze. It's HIS career not yours. His year with the Jets is part of it. And chalk up 9 more wins. 3 more than our (my) beloved Packers had. More wins than any QB in history.

I want to see show of hands to see which of you dominate your chosen profession the way Brett has. Then give me your work address because I want to come by and personally hire you to my staff.

I take birdshit personally.

Does anyone remember Micheal Jordan. I believe he retired 3 times.
    500 miles is a trip,1320 feet is a race

damm that guy has some serious swingers. oh well his records will fall too one day just like Marino's. At least we wont have to hear about him on tv anymore. think that horse is finally dead.

You don't think he'll end up on Fox next to Terry Bradshaw?? Maybe not this year but next.

To me, legacy is more than just stats, records, and wins. It also contains his off the field primadonna stuff, including conversations with division rival coaches and divulging game plans, an accusation he never denied. He just blew it off in hopes it would go away. Ted Thompson, as much as I despise him, tried to take the high road on this one. Brett... not so much. I tell you what.. if I was as highly regarded as he is and just got traded to a new team of guys who've been playing together already, you bet your ass I'd be reaching out to them or at the very least not blowing them off when they approach me. Stories I've read portray Favre as being a horrible NYJ teammate and I have yet to read a story where anyone's defended that rumor.

To each their own. That's the beauty of an opinion or view.

If one wants to base a legacy on purely what one does at work, they have that right. I can bet my last nickel that even if I was the best employee in the world, but an absolute shithead to all of my coworkers, them and their following would resent me most certainly, and in turn tell their family and friends who without even knowing me personally would resent that part of me too. If I was the same position as my team, yet I insisted on eating lunch in my own private cafeteria, they'd think I was a jerk as well... he did the same thing with his private office/locker room stunt. I guess for me, I care too much about others and their opinions. If I was a jazillionaire, I'd like to think I'd be the same way. All I know for sure is I'd love to have the problem, LOL! I do pretty well where I work. In sales, there's an undeniable way of tracking success much like a pro QB's stats sort of dictate whether or not he's considered a success. Even though I have had certain successes that others around me have not, I do not ever for a second think I'm better than them or demand special treatment. Colleagues in the past have and I've seen them crash and burn because of it too. I guess being "grounded" is important to me because you never can tell when it could all come tumbling down. In my opinion, being a jagoff gets you nowhere in the game of life.

To me, legacy is the entire package... above all not forgetting where you came from and who/what got you where you were.

I completely respect everyone's views on the subject and while I do not think my opinion is the right one, I do think it's one way of looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceDaddy View Post
    You don't think he'll end up on Fox next to Terry Bradshaw?? Maybe not this year but next.
    thats fine. I dont really care either way but hearing about his saga is getting old. If he is on Fox, fine otherwise, dont care he could end up annoying like Madden or Marino for all we know. Just sick of seeing the bs on sportscenter all the time. I am sure people will forget all this bs after awhile but for now...brett STFU!

I still laugh when I got an invite to a closed practice session with the packers and the ENTIRE team was in full pads with all coaches in FULLSPEED except for Brett. Because as 1 player told us on the sideline, Brett doesnt have to come to practices if he doesnt want to....
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

How about charity work? Would that count? Make a Wish Foundation? I'm sure you've heard of that one anyway. My wife works at Midwest Airlines in Public Relations and works a LOT with MAW. (I have to get my suit pressed for a state dinner in a couple weeks.)

You have never seen anyone work harder or take a more vested interest in some of these little kids than Brett does. I will guarantee there is no one on this board who has put in 1/2 the charitable time he has. On this one cause that I'm familiar with.

As far as not hanging out with his teammates for dinner. (That is what Thomas Jones was bitching about.) They need to get a grip on what's important. That team sucked at 4-12 last year. Dinner engagements are the last of their worries.

And Yoo, sick of seeing it on Sportscenter? Bitch to ESPN. Brett didn't make them do a damn thing. STFU? He hasn't said ANYTHING! How much more STFU do you want??

Wow, you are really a big Favre fan arent you?

actually kurt warner and the manning boys do just as much as farve. easy to throw around alot of charity weight when you make millions and get a nice tax right off I am sure. you compare people here that wont make 1/10 of his salary to him and his charity.....IF YOU ARE SO BLESSED TO MAKE THAT KIND OF CASH DOING WHAT YOU LOVE YOU OWE IT TO OTHERS TO HELP. I would expect nothing less imo! almost every qb works just as hard in their own state just because you dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt occur. shit I didnt see farve sending money, clothes and food to countries in need after the tsunami......the manning boys got their plane! I realize this charity may be personal to you but not to everyone, Hell I didnt see Brett dontate anything to the kids cancer center and brain tumor foundation here in se wisc thats important to me!

when he is on the clock, part of his job is making the relationship wiht his new team thats what the dinner bitchings were about not to mention making no attempts to integrate himself with the players. and again the same sentiment rang true in GB...separate locker room, didnt have to practice, no accountability for gross mistakes, etc.

talk about stfu? if brett wasnt making a conference about everytime he thought about retiring then crying about coming back, it wouldnt be on espn all the time. it is their job to find a story and run it till death but doesnt mean he has to have his sorry ass on everytime the spotlight is off of him lately.

not trying to make you hate your idol as I am sure non of our opinions will be swayed but listening to the hardcore bitching AND sucking is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Wow, you are really a big Favre fan arent you?
    Yes. But I'm really more of a Thompson hater. All athletes have a prime and pass it. Brett has. It doesn't mean he's not a hell of a lot better than a lot of schmucks out there. And as much as he's meant to the Packers he was treated poorly. That is what ticks me off. Make Rodgers beat him out for the position. I don't have any problem with that at all. Don't kick him out the door because you "think" Rodgers is the guy. Thompson's record at thinking isn't too hot.

And Yoo. I'm not talking money spent on a charity. I'm talking time. He only has as many hours in the day as you have. And he spent way more of them on this one case than anyone here can probably say.

As far as being tired about hearing it. Someone on another board said it best. If you Google Brett Favre you'll find 457,000 hits that were written about him in 2 months last summer. Do you mean to tell me he wrote all of them himself?

Everyone has an opinion but I don't think the Pack forced Favre to retire last year. Forced to stay retired, sure. They certainly didn't mind his original decision but he had his chance to come back early on, when he stated he was retiring a year ago they moved on from that point. If he would of stated he wanted to return for 08' at the time he stated he was retiring (early March) he would of been the starter this past year.

The media has beaten everything to death but Favre has never really helped the situation. I love 90% of the way he is and plays but about 10%, his force-every-throw games and selfish attitude with certain things got really tiring, especially at the end of his career.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 02-11-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

If your company forced you into early retirement before you were ready you wouldn't be too pleased either.

It took two. It wasn't just the Packers orginazation pushing him out the door. It was a combined effort.

Regardless its done and over with now.

As I said in a earlier post, I've always like Favre and enjoyed watching him grow up. He is and always will be one of the best.

Yes. But I'm really more of a Thompson hater. All athletes have a prime and pass it. Brett has. It doesn't mean he's not a hell of a lot better than a lot of schmucks out there. And as much as he's meant to the Packers he was treated poorly. That is what ticks me off. Make Rodgers beat him out for the position. I don't have any problem with that at all. Don't kick him out the door because you "think" Rodgers is the guy. Thompson's record at thinking isn't too hot.

And Yoo. I'm not talking money spent on a charity. I'm talking time. He only has as many hours in the day as you have. And he spent way more of them on this one case than anyone here can probably say.

As far as being tired about hearing it. Someone on another board said it best. If you Google Brett Favre you'll find 457,000 hits that were written about him in 2 months last summer. Do you mean to tell me he wrote all of them himself?
    what gets me is his agent says that GB didnt keep him but didnt force him out. Brett says his agent misspoke and that he simply didnt want to play anymore. When the team moves on, he then wants back in saying he wasnt ready. so did his agent lie then, or did brett then or now? just gets to be annoying. a million things could be posted in a month but had he not opened his mouth to begin with, they would have nothing to post or speculate about.

Last time I checked normal people dont ahve months off to do what they want with the enormous of money they made so yeah his money affords him the luxury to spend time doing whatever he feels like doing and there is nothing wrong with that.

he is and probably will always be one of the top 5 qbs of all time but that doesnt guarantee he will be loved by all.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Putting the past aside...

Happy retirement Favre, you had a great career in Green Bay. Best wishes to him and his family
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    LOL@Dave.

Trace, swing the pendulum the other way once. What if you quit your job, they found a replacement, then 6 months later you decide you shouldnt have quit and you dont want to quit and you go back to your old boss and demand your old job back and screw the guy who replaced you. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Trace, swing the pendulum the other way once. What if you quit your job, they found a replacement, then 6 months later you decide you shouldnt have quit and you dont want to quit and you go back to your old boss and demand your old job back and screw the guy who replaced you. Is that right?
    Qft.

I believe once upon a time (on this site or another) I posted the same analogy almost verbatim.