Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    <div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve

Favre Is retiring for real this time.

I was a big fan of his. After last years bull shit I don't even care.

Nfl.com
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I got 20 says he plays in 09 season.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    this might be for real. god i hope so...

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I got 20 says he plays in 09 season.
    I will take that bet. You are on.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

hate to say it but I could careless
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Shouldn't have ever come back. He tarnished his legacy a little IMO. He could get away with all that "holier than thou" stuff in GB but in NY, he was just another newb and they called him out on it...

I will believe it when I see it!!
    ----------------------------
    Time to use common sense!

I think its for real this time but who knows. Maybe hes hoping they cut him so he can be available to sign with the Vikings. Should of stayed retired instead of deciding to comeback in late July . I like him but all the crap surrounding him got old in the last few years.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

noone cares yet people still post about it. lol ironic.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

I wonder if he's still convinced he was "guilty of retiring early" the first time around. I'm so glad the packers aren't involved in the BS anymore.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    noone cares yet people still post about it. lol ironic.

And as far as tarnishing his legacy? If you don't care about him why do you care about his legacy? And it is HIS legacy not yours. More wins than any QB in history? I hope I can create a legacy in my field to tarnish like that.

I take birdshit personally.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

will he cry if they have a press con on tv.....again

he had a good year... on a high note....
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey (Ticker)—Brett Favre is calling it quits for good.

Favre had his agent, James “Bus” Cook, inform the New York Jets on Wednesday morning that the record-setting quarterback is retiring.

The news of Favre’s departure comes just over six weeks after the end of the regular season and 11 months after the 39-year-old had said he was done playing for the first time.

The three-time NFL Most Valuable Player had announced his retirement in March 2008 only to un-retire four months later, which led to a messy divorce from the Green Bay Packers and a subsequent trade to the Jets.

However, Favre’s final season in a stellar 18-year career did not go as planned as he and the Jets staggered down the stretch.

The three-time MVP threw two touchdown passes and nine of his league-high 22 interceptions as the Jets lost four of their last five games to squander a playoff spot.

The ugly ending prompted criticism of Favre by some of his teammates, particularly running back Thomas Jones, who said Favre should have been benched.

Yet team owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum remained staunch in their support of Favre, saying they wanted him to return.

“I had a great conversation with Brett this morning,” Johnson said. “Considering that he came from a totally different environment and joined our team during training camp, his performance last season was extraordinary. As I spoke with people throughout the organization, they all told me how much they enjoyed working with him.

“Brett Favre is a Hall of Fame player, but he is also a Hall of Fame person. Brett, (wife) Deanna and his family will always be a part of the Jets family.”

In his e-mail to an ESPN reporter, Favre praised the organization and since-fired coach Eric Mangini, saying he had no regrets about finishing his career with the Jets after spending 16 seasons with the Packers.

“Mike and Woody, as well as the entire organization, have been nothing short of outstanding,” Favre said in the e-mail. “My teammates … were a pleasure to play with. Eric could not have been any better. I enjoyed playing for him. My time with the Jets was short, but I’m honored to be given that chance.”

The NFL’s career leader in a number of passing categories, Favre had hinted at the end of the season that his health - particularly his ailing right shoulder - would be a factor in his future.

Despite the late-season flameout, the Jets still went 9-7 with Favre following a dismal 4-12 mark in 2007.

“When we acquired Brett, we knew we would get everything he had,” Tannebaum. “He took the time to mentor younger players and his competitiveness and enthusiasm at practice and during games was contagious. I spoke with him this morning and told him that he will be a friend of the Jets for years to come and it was an honor to work with him.”

Favre’s retirement leaves a gaping hole at quarterback for the Jets. Kellen Clemens was inconsistent in his chance to start in 2007, and Erik Ainge did not take a snap in his rookie season.

That dilemma will be left up to new head coach Rex Ryan, who succeeded Mangini on January 21.

“It was an honor to coach against Brett over the years,” Ryan said. “If he’s not the best quarterback ever, then he’s certainly in the conversation. I have great admiration for him as a player and a person. I wish him only the best in his life after football.”

Favre walks away from the game having made a league-record 269 consecutive starts. He completed his career as the NFL’s all-time leader in touchdowns (464), completions (5,720), attempts (9,281), yards (65,127), wins (169) and interceptions (310).
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    i think its funny that he asked to be released and the jets said no... good this means he cant go play for the vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    good this means he cant go play for the vikings.
    You don't want him to go there? Why not? I would think if he were such a liability that you'd love him to play there.

I take birdshit personally.

Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    i think its funny that he asked to be released and the jets said no... good this means he cant go play for the vikings.
    It would be awesome if he went and played for the Vikings.

For the record, I have always been a fan of Favre and still am. However I agree that when he retired the first time he should have stayed retired. Hopefully this time he stays true to his retirement. Time will tell, to be continued...

he should play for the Lions...lol

He will be back in the 09 season. I agree with you Dave. I'll put 20 on him coming back too.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

again this decining star who tarnished his legacy is not wanted back into the nfc north? i think he should do what he wants when he wants. it's his life. wonder why people don't want him back in the nfc north? lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

He came back, was hated by his new teammates, threw the coach under the bus, and has earned the rep as a drama queen. That's my personal interpretation for saying he's tarninshed his legacy. Nobody's ever going to take his accpmplishments away from him, nor did I ever imply that I didn't care. I'm just assuming the tarnished legacy comments are directed towards me because I'm the only one who said it in those words. If that's the case, then these are my reasons why I consider his legacy tarninshed and never implied that it had anything do do with the on-the-field stuff. It was all the drama off of it that ruined it for me.

Love the guy to death but just sick of hearning all the crap. It's getting a little too "Boy Who Cried Wolf" for my taste.

Do I care if he played elsewhere in the divsion? Hell no I don't care. If it means another year of seeing him play, then let him be a Viking, Bear, Lion, etc. for all I care.