Brewers sign Looper.

They acquired Brandon Looper from the Cardinals,

his numbers aren't bad at all for 5mil 1yr.

Thoughts?

Another Dave Bush, whatever, I guess it's good for depth.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

if he's another dave bush, that's encouraging. Bush has been known to have the best "stuff" on the staff for awhile now. those are Sheets' and Maddux's words. it's a question of being able to USE it properly. hence how he can go from throwing a shutout one night to being shelled another. looper is more consistent. not a bad pickup
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

His record last year was 12-14 in 33 starts and 199 innings, thats more innings than any of the brewers started last season, bush was the closest with 18xish.

His strikeout to walk is around 2-1 and the bad he gave up 25hrs last season which isnt horrible whane you pitch almost 200 innings.

Hes a great pickup in my book.

With the market the way it is 5 million seems a bit high for a back of the rotation guy but its a positive addition. Eat some innings, could be a respectable starter. They really need Gallardo to stay healthy and Parra to step it up....and Suppan to throw more than BP to opponents to be a Playoff team.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    he seems like a decent pick up but 5mil is a lot for him
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

$5M considering the need, others available, and his reputation... I think it was $$ well spent.

At least they didn't pay Benny $11M plus only to have him get hurt the first day of spring traning.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    My thoughts are that everytime I see his name I'll be thinking

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice."
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by theavenger333 View Post
    if he's another dave bush, that's encouraging. Bush has been known to have the best "stuff" on the staff for awhile now. those are Sheets' and Maddux's words. it's a question of being able to USE it properly. hence how he can go from throwing a shutout one night to being shelled another. looper is more consistent. not a bad pickup
    he's statistically simular to Dave bush. Not known for having great velocity or strikeout a whole ton but gets a lot of ground balls, I don't think we over payed too much, I like the signing

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now