odd story of the week

"SYDNEY – An Australian traveler was caught with two live pigeons stuffed in his pants following a trip to the Middle East, customs officials said Tuesday. The 23-year-old man was searched after authorities discovered two eggs in a vitamin container in his luggage, said Richard Janeczko, national investigations manager for the Customs Service

They found the pigeons wrapped in padded envelopes and held to each of the man's legs with a pair of tights, according to a statement released by the agency. Officials also seized seeds in his money belt and an undeclared eggplant.

The alleged bird smuggler, who arrived in Melbourne on Sunday on a flight from Dubai, was being questioned.

Australia has very strict quarantine regulations on the importation of wildlife, plants and food to protect health, agriculture and the environment of the isolated island nation.

Charges of wildlife smuggling — which carry a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment and a fine of 110,000 Australian dollars ($70,430) — could be brought against the man.

Janeczko said the pigeons were not endangered and that the case — as well as the birds, eggs and seeds — had been turned over to the Quarantine Service to assess the health risk associated with bringing the birds into the country.

The Quarantine Service would not comment on the continuing investigation"
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

WTF? Just... what?

I thought it was odd, but what pushed me over the edge was the "undeclared eggplant".

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    "Is that a pigeon in your pants, or are you just happy to see me????"

Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    "Is that a pigeon in your pants, or are you just happy to see me????"
    haha

Any info on WHY?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

lol no i just found it on yahoo when i was checking my e-mail and was like wait...so i had to click on it and read it
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

lmao..........i dont know what else to say about shit lately........

I dont think I want to know what he was planning on doing....sounds like a bad joke......"a man walks into the customs ofice with two pigeons and an eggplant........"
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    I dont think I want to know what he was planning on doing....sounds like a bad joke......"a man walks into the customs ofice with two pigeons and an eggplant........"

LMAO!!!