Another Future SX Rendering. Totall different from the last one.

Ok guys this is my probably my last rendering. I really think I hit the nail on the head with this one. I like it. I'd drive the hell out of it and be really happy if this was what we got.

I'd really like your guys feedback on this. Just remember I didn't design the Urge Concept I just used it as a base for the production SX rendering since this is what Nissan has said.

Link to my full article

Here's the Urge Rendering as reference.
    Last edited by Exitspeed; 02-04-2009 at 08:46 PM.

As long as it's cheap and RWD, I'm in.

What do you think of the styling in my rendering?

You should follow our ongoing discussion on the future SX on Zilvia. Every tiny bit of info we know about the car is discussed in great detail.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...thread-50.html

I think your rendering is excellent. I really like the original front bumper better, however I like the hardtop better on the second rendering. The restyled front bumper does flow nicely with the rest of the car.

The wheels are interesting. I'm not a fan of 3-spoke designs, but the mixed 3/3 spokes works well.

BTW your link doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I think your rendering is excellent. I really like the original front bumper better, however I like the hardtop better on the second rendering. The restyled front bumper does flow nicely with the rest of the car.

The wheels are interesting. I'm not a fan of 3-spoke designs, but the mixed 3/3 spokes works well.

BTW your link doesn't work.
    Hmmmm, they both work for me.

Thanks for the kind words about the rendering. I've been working really hard at learning this tool in Illustrator and it's paying off I think. I posted an older rendering when I was first learning the tool on Fresh Alloy and the guys over there were complete dicks. lol.

It's better than I could do, how about that lol

Im sorry, Im not a fan of the styling at all. The Urge has a much better looking front end though. But aside from the doors that look like off a 350z, I neither see retro touches or lines that are nearly as sexy as say the 370 or 240z.

you got skills man, but idk if i feel the vertical headlights... totally differant then anything S-Chassis like i think it would look better too if the over fenders (fender flares) were color matched.
    other then that i like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Im sorry, Im not a fan of the styling at all. The Urge has a much better looking front end though. But aside from the doors that look like off a 350z, I neither see retro touches or lines that are nearly as sexy as say the 370 or 240z.
    Retro it's defiantly not. Proportionally though, it's all SX and 240z. Long hood, short roof, and a short rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    you got skills man, but idk if i feel the vertical headlights... totally differant then anything S-Chassis like i think it would look better too if the over fenders (fender flares) were color matched.
    other then that i like it.
    Nissan is on the vertical headlight kick. I was trying to tie in Nissan's current styling cues to make it as realistic as possible.

Honestly guys, don't expect and S15 looking SX in the future. it's not going to happen. In fact it can't because its not on an S-Chassis any more. It's going to be made on a shortened FM platform car, and therefore will share a lot of similarities with the Z, namely the high beltline. There's just no way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Retro it's defiantly not. Proportionally though, it's all SX and 240z. Long hood, short roof, and a short rear.

Nissan is on the vertical headlight kick. I was trying to tie in Nissan's current styling cues to make it as realistic as possible.

Honestly guys, don't expect and S15 looking SX in the future. it's not going to happen. In fact it can't because its not on an S-Chassis any more. It's going to be made on a shortened FM platform car, and therefore will share a lot of similarities with the Z, namely the high beltline. There's just no way around that.
    Its just too Bulbous IMO. I know a few cars that have the same description, I own one.

I dont expect a s15 or such, but I hope to GOD it doesent look like that.

Its just too Bulbous IMO. I know a few cars that have the same description, I own one.

I dont expect a s15 or such, but I hope to GOD it doesent look like that.
    It will be based off of the Urge though. Nissan has said that. So if you aren't a fan of the Urge then you might not be a fan of the car when it comes out.

But who knows. They've been so tight lipped about it over the last 6 months I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the Urge design out all together.

Ok I took in to account the feedback I've been getting especially about the fenders. They are not huge anymore and are the same color as the car. The front is also more aggressive.

Much better.

Now were talkin!
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    Now we're talkin!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I LOVE that.

I'd honestly be happy with a SX that looked like that.

Man I hope we hear something from Nissan soon.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Yea the second one looks MUCH better. Still not a huge fan of the front end, but the one in the second pic is definitely getting there!

Post whore
    that last one you made was SICK
    Just a ten second neon