Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    Might have to try and make Petes at least once this summer....getting up there in rush hour sucks though.

I can truly empathize here........Driving a giant old car through traffic is NOT fun to begin with, through rush hour is enough to cause a panic attack, lol...

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    racecars!!!!

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

Rush hour...we had to drive it to get to solid gold all the years we went....take side streets.....
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Solid Gold is right by my house, therefore pretty stress-free to get to....

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    trekking up 45 in rush hour with 4-wheel drums is suicide. I went through the zoo interchange at 5pm one weeknight with my car last summer and vowed never again. People don't leave you more room cuz you are in a classic...if anything they cut you off and ride your @ss more!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

J take greenfield to moreland/pilgrim....then to lisbon
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    J take greenfield to moreland/pilgrim....then to lisbon
    THAT I could swing....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    trekking up 45 in rush hour with 4-wheel drums is suicide. I went through the zoo interchange at 5pm one weeknight with my car last summer and vowed never again. People don't leave you more room cuz you are in a classic...if anything they cut you off and ride your @ss more!

Oh, totally......They creep right up on your car's ass. I have had this happen WAY too many times. People seem to especially like to creep right up on the Olds......I don't know if they just want to get a closer look, or what, but damn......it gets unnerving!

I heard from a friend the owner of Gus's is trying mellowing out about stuff there. I had a problem one night there also and am not thrilled about the place anymore. I say you get there early at 4:15-4:30 and just fill an area and have it to yourself. As long as your buying food and drink he shouldn't care.
    500 miles is a trip,1320 feet is a race

Quote Originally Posted by limpimpg View Post
    gus's drive inn 3131 main st east troy sat night but always busy
    I usually hit up Gus’s every other week with the 55 with a few friends and there classics.
    I haven’t gone there much since some guy opened the hood when across the street.
    F*** head, don’t touch the car.
    Chadpoleon Simesamite
    www.widsm.org

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwich View Post
    I usually hit up Gus’s every other week with the 55 with a few friends and there classics.
    I haven’t gone there much since some guy opened the hood when across the street.
    F*** head, don’t touch the car.

Opened the hood!? Oh, that woulda been grounds for a beating right there. I have yelled at people at cars shows, children, adults, no matter to me, "DON'T TOUCH the car!!!!" Some people think it's perfectly ok to let their kids (with their sticky, nasty little hands) touch the cars, I am just not that gracious and friendly about it, you touch the car, you're getting screamed at. People are so damn ignorant sometimes.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    happened to me a couple times where people opened my hood. and i wasn't even at a car show.
    1968 Camaro 383

I learned from a young age not to touch the car show cars.
    The worst thing I ever had seen was at the Whitewater car show when some little kid tried looking in the car by hoisting himself up by the door and putting his feet on the side of the car to look in.
    Wasn’t mine but I yelled at him and his dad, then they gave me the WTF look like nothing happened.
    F***ing ass clowns
    Chadpoleon Simesamite
    www.widsm.org

I had some ass-f*ck get pissed at me because I told his spoiled brat daughter and her bitchy little friend to move away from my car with their dripping ice cream cones. He was going to get all "macho and defensive" so I bitched him out. Normally, I'm not an aggressive person, and NOT confrontational at all.....until someone gets too close to my cars, then I go all "Jekyll and Hyde" on 'em. And...to those of you you have had people opening the hoods of your cars, here's what I recommend, (assuming it has the proper latch mechanism) loop a short length of chain around the latch, and padlock it. Works like a charm.