Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monster truck promoter killed in Madison.

http://jalopnik.com/5139164/monster-...h-in-two-weeks
    George Eisenhart Jr., promoter and announcer of the Monster Truck Nationals, was injured and died Saturday night at his Monster Truck show in Wisconsin — the second death in a week involving monster trucks.
    Eisenhart, 41, of Chardon, Ohio, was president and owner of Image Productions, the Ohio company that's been staging the Monster Nationals around the country since 1993. He also was the show's promoter and announcer.
    Eisenhart was hit by one of the giant-wheeled vehicles when he stepped into its path near the end of the performance. He was pronounced dead two hours later at Univeristy of Wisconsin Hospital of major, "crushing" internal injuries, Coroner John Stanley claimed in a news conference Sunday.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Look both ways before crossing
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

sounds like a suicide to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedstang View Post
    sounds like a suicide to me.

I doubt that in front of all the kids that saw that. Most likely a accident he probably wasn't paying attention to what was happening around him. R.I.P.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Local coverage of the accident...

1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

WOW, what a way to go.....

Some fan just got killed at another monster truck show too not long ago. Pretty soon the days of arena monster truck shows are going to be a memory at this rate.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Some fan just got killed at another monster truck show too not long ago. Pretty soon the days of arena monster truck shows are going to be a memory at this rate.
    IMO the days of arena shows should come to an end. a lot of the venues are small, too small for these trucks to put on a good show. I have been to a number of them at the Bradley center, though they are fun , they are nothing like the ones they used to run at state fair park. Outside arenas are bigger, the trucks are faster, better trucks show up, just alot more fun all around.
    1969 Torino

NEW BEST TIME
    12.8@105...if only my convertor wasnt a slipping pile of ^$(@

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    How do you unknowingly step into the path of a monster truck!? Still, what an awful way to die. Poor guy.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    How do you unknowingly step into the path of a monster truck!?
    my guess is that it's pretty loud, with noise coming from everywhere...so it begins to get tough to know where every sound is coming from at all times. Combine that with complacency and familiarity tends to reduce awareness of the danger surrounding and coming up upon him.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Pretty soon the days of arena monster truck shows are going to be a memory at this rate.
    This just might do that.....you can bet that attendance at these events will drop like a rock. Just a matter of time at this point and it should be about done.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pashtrd View Post
    IMO the days of arena shows should come to an end. a lot of the venues are small, too small for these trucks to put on a good show. I have been to a number of them at the Bradley center, though they are fun , they are nothing like the ones they used to run at state fair park. Outside arenas are bigger, the trucks are faster, better trucks show up, just alot more fun all around.

Yeah but it gives something for people/families to do in winter. There's plenty to do in summer already.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    my guess is that it's pretty loud, with noise coming from everywhere...so it begins to get tough to know where every sound is coming from at all times. Combine that with complacency and familiarity tends to reduce awareness of the danger surrounding and coming up upon him.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're probably right. It is probably loud as **** in there, and after a while they get so used to being around all the noise and commotion they are desensitized. I really hope he didn't suffer.

I would be surprised if this kind of thing is still around in a few years.....

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    This just might do that.....you can bet that attendance at these events will drop like a rock. Just a matter of time at this point and it should be about done.
    Attendance wont drop anytime soon there are alot of kids that are now glued to monster jam (my son is one of them) the big show in vegas is just that very big and tickets sell out in minutes!!
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoblog
    Funeral arrangements have been made for SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAAAY!
    lol..

dude was dumb, that's all why wouldn't you look? seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I think he just was to comfortable around them, when you let your guard down that's when shit hits the fan !!!

RIP !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Its a bummer obviously, but I don't see how it will kill the events/sport. People have died at everything from Indy to NASCAR to drag racing events - that photographer was killed at Union Grove a couple years ago wasn't he? Every other type of racing has weathered the occasional tradgic accident. Not to mention, forget about just motorsports, people have been killed at everything from Soccer games to plane crashes to Great White concerts!

Not to mention, your still much more likely to die in your own home slipping in the bathtub or whatever.

Its a sad event, but the m-asses will have forgotten about it by Wednesday.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Good point, but honestly I think it all comes down to how it 'plays out' in the media/public eye.....

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
    I think he just was to comfortable around them, when you let your guard down that's when shit hits the fan !!!

RIP !!!
    i have a relative who does even organizing for these types of evens.. some of you may know him "rev" shit like this can happen to anybody who is on the floor.. but you would think being down there he would be on high alert with everything going on around him