A question about nitrous setup

OK, I figured I'd ask you guys since you do nitrous installs.

I've had a nitrous system begging to be used for a couple years now. I never got around to installing it on my previous project, but want to install it on the new one.

It is a used NX wet system. Originally it was for EFI but the '7 has a Holley intake manifold and carb.

I know I'll need a plate and jets. I already sized out the jets I'll need based on my fuel pressure and HP desired.

My question is that I only want to spray a 50 shot, but every nitrous plate / system I look at says it is for 100+hp. I have a nitrous plate available to me (free) but it is a 150 plate. I saw the SNIPER kit says it is adjustable for 50-150hp, and comes with jets for 100 or 150 (with jets available for 50hp). Which leads me to ask, can I just jet the (free) plate down (i.e. use smaller jets in the lines going to the plate) to knock down the horsepower of said plate, or is this a bad idea?
    Last edited by TheRX7Project; 01-26-2009 at 08:59 AM.

you would jet the plate for the power you are trying to make,along with the fuel pressure you are using.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    You can actually visit NOS' website I believe and find the appropriate jetting for the plate that you have. Now realize that the jetting will be probably based on the EFI base pressure of the vehicle it was meant for, so whatever you are using to supply fuel to the nitrous kit, you will have to adjust fuel pressure or the jetting accordingly for that.

For instance, an LT1 efi setup may be at 43psi fuel pressure, and an LS1 will be at like 58psi. So if you were T'ing your fuel supply off the rails for those engines, the jetting would be different in getting that perfect tune for that 50 shot.

Don't forget a step colder on spark plugs just to be safe

10-4, thanks guys. I found a website which helps you pick appropriate sizes based on your fuel pressure and nitrous bottle pressure. I was just worried that if I jetted down the plate, it would cause issues since it is a "standard" (older-style) 150 plate.

http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    10-4, thanks guys. I found a website which helps you pick appropriate sizes based on your fuel pressure and nitrous bottle pressure. I was just worried that if I jetted down the plate, it would cause issues since it is a "standard" (older-style) 150 plate.

http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm
    the fuel jetting they provide is super rich from what i have found...on the verge of being too rich. on a smaller hit,i doubt it will hurt itself but i would go leaner than they say.

I was probably going to go a little leaner since I am already running rich. I really should rejet my carb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I was probably going to go a little leaner since I am already running rich. I really should rejet my carb.
    get the motor tune right before screwing around with the next variable.

Well the thing is, it's rich down low, but once the secondaries open up it feels right. I know I am running a bit big on the carb, they recommend a 465 on a stock port but I am running a 600, since I'll need the bigger carb when I build my ported 13b. I really need to put in a wideband and find out exactly what is going on.

Hate to jump in here but Juiced is rite, Figure out the NA tune 1st. I wasted a motor in my younger days thinking it would clear up
    Last edited by Sprayaway Fox; 01-27-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Spray the moon
    CKSC

I'm just as guilty as the next guy of modding before maintainence. Then again sometimes modification IS maintainence.