Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a car!

Ryan how much are you looking to spend? i know of a nice 66 here in Brookfield. Not sure if he still has it, but I could go pound on his door.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    Ryan how much are you looking to spend?
    Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    I could spend up to 30 if I really wanted to - but that would take a larger chunk out of my future house down payment than I'd like. I've seen a few under 15k that I would definitely buy as long as they were in good enough condition to drive for the next summer.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    I guess it would depend on the car. I would prefer to buy a solid car and put my own twist on it than to buy a already hot-rodded car. There seem to be quite a few in the 15-20 range that I'd purchse - of course if I can get a completely rust free car for 16 or so I'd do it and use the left over money to do what I please.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    great plan Ry....I think you should be able to get a nice car to start with for $14-18K
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Ryan also check out and join www.chevelles.com

It is a WEALTH of knowledge and they also have classifieds there. Great,great site.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

I called the craigslist with all of the cars - the one with the fresno number. The chevelle sounds like a monster but it's also been pieced together by 4 different people and had been raced in the past. I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for but I hadn't seen that add before so thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    The chevelle sounds like a monster but it's also been pieced together by 4 different people and had been raced in the past.
    PASS. Translation: The car has been hacked together. When one guy got tired of effing sh1t up, the next guy took a crack at it...

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    PASS. Translation: The car has been hacked together. When one guy got tired of effing sh1t up, the next guy took a crack at it...
    That was the situation I had with my Z/28. When I first got her, that first year was spent undoing all the shit everyone else had done to her in the past.

I'm still doing that with my car also. Easier for people to eff stuff up rather than fix it correctly

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't have a problem going out and LOOKING at the car...just be ready to walk away. Keep in mind, that any info you get is from the owner...it's his pride and joy, so he'll likely see the car with "rose colored glasses."
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    .it's his pride and joy
    with this black car he called on from Craigslist and the other cars the guy has for sale, I highly doubt this car is his "pride and joy." He's a car flipper....no attachment to that car whatsoever. Just wants its sold to collect a profit on an uneducated, passionate buyer. WAY more shady sellers out there in the classic car game than good, honest sellers.

That's why I'm a bit more excited about the Manitowac car - it IS that guys pride and joy.... so although I'm expecting to hear about how great it is, at least the same guy has had it since it was restored and what not.

I vote for buying one to build rather than pre-built. Might cost more but most likely your taste will be different than one you can find plus its much more fun to build than buy one thats done, IMO.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Going to look at the blue one on sunday Sounds like the hood had some rust but I plan on putting a cowl on it anyway.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The point I'm trying to make is, don't get too excited once the car is there in front of you...be methodical and dispassionate. Can be surprisingly hard to do once the car is in front of you...

Don't get caught up in his excitement or yours. As a general rule, I always walk away and give myself a day to help decide whether or not to purchase the car....REGARDLESS of which car you look at. Shady dealer/flipper or proud owner, you'll probably get a rosy color scenario of a car that might have more than what they're telling you is going on.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is, don't get too excited once the car is there in front of you...be methodical and dispassionate. Can be surprisingly hard to do once the car is in front of you...

Don't get caught up in his excitement or yours. As a general rule, I always walk away and give myself a day to help decide whether or not to purchase the car....REGARDLESS of which car you look at. Shady dealer/flipper or proud owner, you'll probably get a rosy color scenario of a car that might have more than what they're telling you is going on.

I admire your restraint! As soon as I see the car, I'm already in love with it, lol.......

How'd the car look yesterday Ryan?

I didn't get out to check it out - it was WAY too cold. I just talked to the guy this morning and will figure out a time to look at it - he's really looking to trade for a harley so I guess he's not in a huge rush to sell it.

gotcha...supposed to warm up later this week anyways