Dom Capers new Packers D coordenator

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I like it better then Greg Williams or Mike Nolan. But still would have rather had someone off the Steelers/Ravens staff.

But I'm happy to see a guy who can use a 3-4 and has some creativity and success in the position.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I like the hire. It's going to be interesting though, he's a 3-4 guy and the packers don't really have the personal to make the switch so we'll see what happends. I just hope they draft Maualuga or Orakpo, either guy would greatly improve the D.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

decent pick-up.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by 70challenger452 View Post
    I like the hire. It's going to be interesting though, he's a 3-4 guy and the packers don't really have the personal to make the switch so we'll see what happends. I just hope they draft Maualuga or Orakpo, either guy would greatly improve the D.
    Technically they did't have the personel to run a 4-3 either, but they still did.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

good point but I think Barnett and Hawk would be much worse in 3-4 compared to the 4-3. Both guys struggle badly when they have to take on blockers. Pickett and Jenkins would fit nicely and I think Kapman would have to gain a little weight to be effective but as hard a worker as that guy is I think he'll be able to make it happen. Poppinga would also we a better fit in a 3-4 than 4-3 so I think he'll work out if they do make the switch.
    Jenkins Pickett Kapman
    Poppinga Maualuga Barnett Hawk

Not horrible but something to start out with. Maybe we can get some talent in the 2nd and third round. Hawk and Barnett really would be a waste in the 3-4 though. Maualuga would be awsome in the 3-4. I just don't think he's quick enough to be a perfect fit for the 4-3.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

I agree the players aren't perfect for a 3-4, but I think we have 4 okay LB's and barely 3-4 decent DL.

Mostly I've been wanting a 3-4 defense for 8 years now because nobody runs it in our division, and our division stuggles playing against it. Distinguish yourself. It's also alot more attacking, which is something you can do with very good CB's. Unfortuantely our corners are getting old now, so it might be a bit too late.

Had they made the switch 3 years ago, maybe KGB would have still been effective a little longer as a OLB.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Hopefully they can be aggressive in pursuing Peppers as a FA...assuming he doesn't command insane money.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Tehehehehe

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605