Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!
    good point

Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post
    yea... but mine isnt even a rolling chassis yet! lol all i have is a motor, trans, and a car to put those in... but the car is still a FWD 4cyl !

the sites tom suggested i would try first. Hey snoop you have any sound clips or videos of the trex cam idle? I've heard its not real street friendly but i want the lope
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Piston wise I like for a budget build I like speed pro forged, I had a dirt track Gen 1 350, 5140 I beam rodded. piston skirts looked great yet thats at 6800 coming in each corner for 2 seasons. But you cant beat the qualtiy of a Ross or JE/SRP.

Did you snag that 5.3 I sent you or did you find a LS1? Either way GL with the build
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayaway Fox View Post
    Piston wise I like for a budget build I like speed pro forged, I had a dirt track Gen 1 350, 5140 I beam rodded. piston skirts looked great yet thats at 6800 coming in each corner for 2 seasons. But you cant beat the qualtiy of a Ross or JE/SRP.

Did you snag that 5.3 I sent you or did you find a LS1? Either way GL with the build
    i found an ls1 with 30k miles on it! id just use it the way it is but the guy pulled the heads off the motor and i just happened to notice a few of the pistons have "dents" in them from valves... so thats why i want new slugs and like stated befor, ive used speedpros before and never had a problem! so ill see what i can find and go from there....

still trying to decied on a cam!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

I used wiseco (3.903 bore, -2.2cc)pistons with stock rods. Wanna buy a the shortblock minus covers?

The motor was knocking at road merica, brought home took heads off and have not touched it since. Did not find any metal pieces in the oil. Arp mains rod bolts etc. Also will be selling asp pulley, melling hv oil pump and futral f11 cam 228/230 114 lsa.
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

send me a price on that cam TG
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    the sites tom suggested i would try first. Hey snoop you have any sound clips or videos of the trex cam idle? I've heard its not real street friendly but i want the lope
    mine's just a 228/230 and it's got plenty of lope?

Quote Originally Posted by turbogarrett View Post
    I used wiseco (3.903 bore, -2.2cc)pistons with stock rods. Wanna buy a the shortblock minus covers?

The motor was knocking at road merica, brought home took heads off and have not touched it since. Did not find any metal pieces in the oil. Arp mains rod bolts etc. Also will be selling asp pulley, melling hv oil pump and futral f11 cam 228/230 114 lsa.
    whats the lift like on that cam?? how many miles?

no on the shortblock, ive got what i need!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Saweet good pic! Think youll be better off with the extra cubes anywayz.

Comp cams has these new cam profiles for LS1 engines. I think there called LSr cams. Supposedly they have higher ramp profiles that create more lift but slam the valve shut faster. You have to get special valve springs to handle the ramp profliles though. Supposedly its the best thing since sliced bread. Cams are for extra mods like intake/heads and spray..Thats at least what the brochure said bout them wich can be all hype though.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

yea definatly got a good deal on my motor! i have a brand new set of stock heads with it. debating about sending them out to be gasket matched/opened up a little bit!

yea i just want a regular run of them mill, off the shelf cam thats good for N/A power but nothing radical(keepin it under .600lift)! yea i will be spraying the motor occasionally but most likely only a 100shot. i dont need a nitrous ground cam for the few times ill be using it!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    I don't have any clips of mine but here is a link with the T-rex and same exhuast as I had....... Sounded identical.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2fopOmjTA

Them Trex cam's are for MAX effort and honestly it might be too peaky for normal street driving.

Again 228 to 232 duration and under .600 lift will be more than enough, make sure to go with a reverse split (more ex dura) since you will be spraying it.

114 lsa will give more of a low end torque boost and 112 will move the power and torque up higher in the rpm band.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    TR224 on a 114

i remember when everyone thought THAT cam was huge, haha

racecar cams.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    whatever LT1 boy

Its a Chevy- Isle 4 at any Walgreens!
    Right next to the chrome Camaro doorskins
    "Never underestimate old guys"

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    Its a Chevy- Isle 4 at any Walgreens!
    Right next to the chrome Camaro doorskins

That's not a very nice thing to say. And not very fair, either.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Them Trex cam's are for MAX effort and honestly it might be too peaky for normal street driving.

Again 228 to 232 duration and under .600 lift will be more than enough, make sure to go with a reverse split (more ex dura) since you will be spraying it.

114 lsa will give more of a low end torque boost and 112 will move the power and torque up higher in the rpm band.
    alrighty... i am taking all of this into consideration when i order a cam!

Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    That's not a very nice thing to say. And not very fair, either.

hes just jealous because of the overwhelming amount of aftermarket parts for chevy prodoucts... im sorry im using one of the best power to wieght to price to availabilty to longevity motor made!

and the sad thing is im not really even a gm guy! even though i own a bi-product of them!

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    racecar cams.
    its no race car.... it has four doors!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post

hes just jealous because of the overwhelming amount of aftermarket parts for chevy prodoucts... im sorry im using one of the best power to wieght to price to availabilty to longevity motor made!

and the sad thing is im not really even a gm guy! even though i own a bi-product of them!

Yea take that Jim. Fords motors suck