Why the discussion about OT rule changing?

If your defense cant get you the ball back in OT then maybe they arent good enough. Cowher today was saying the rules should be changed to allow both teams a chance..I say Bullsh!t! you had your chance prior to going into OT. Not like the defense is playing for free. Earn your keep imo.

Thoughts on this?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

it's decided on a coin flip, not realy "fair" isn't it like 95% of the time the winner of the flip wins? each team should get the ball once guaranteed, then after that, first to score wins.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    It's mostly cause poor ol Peyton didn't get enough tries to win the game.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

actually its only 70% of the time that a coin toss winner wins. still shouldnt the other half of the team make the stops? if they can do it in reg game play, they should make the stop now when needed most, no? I think its trying to make up for crappy defense.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    No changes are needed.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    yea I say keep the rules the same everyone knows gooing into over time its sudden death

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by 97z2801ss View Post
    yea I say keep the rules the same everyone knows gooing into over time its sudden death
    McNabb might not still.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

actually its only 70% of the time that a coin toss winner wins
    Thats the reason it can be considered not really fair...if one team wins more than 2/3 of the time based on the coin flip. I agree a team has a chance to stop them but when winning a coin toss is the most important thing, it kind of takes away from the NFL OT, IMO. College OT is more entertaining for sure, I don't think the NFL would have to give the ball at the 25 yard line or anything but theres a case to make each team kick off, play offense AND defense plus special teams to even the field somewhat.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I'm willing to be that more then 2/3rds of the time that the team with the better players wins the game. So should there be a rule as well saying the teams can only have the same amount of talent?

Nut up and make a stop.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The NFL already has enough parity where most teams are about equal in talent so thats covered.

When winning a coin flip is the most important thing to your winning, it takes away from the game somewhat.

No need to change it but its not a perfect setup either.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Change to college rules, more exciting to watch.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree...I've been through a couple HS games that ended in ties where each team gets so many opportunities to win...it's DAMN fun and exciting.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    McNabb might not still.
    LOL YEA WHAT A DOPE

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Change to college rules, more exciting to watch.
    college is alot more exciting to watch, they are not getting paid big bucks yet, so they try alot harder..

College basketball and football are more fun to watch, I agree. Especially with basketball. Traditions mean more, there are actual rivalries not just historic ones where the players don't really care and just look at the opponent as another team. Fans get into the games more, players appear to try harder (see: basketball) too. Different offenses and systems, more creativity. I like the NFL less than I did 10 years ago, still like it alot, but find it a little less interesting over time.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares