Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Is that one of those old school ghost busters ambulances or a poser hearse in the background?

Sweet stang man. Shit looks good, o so good

BCM Cruiser
    So what the hell happened after 2003?

I noticed the drop off, but I've never been able to explain it.

Punk thugs lookin' to turn it into a phukkin rap video-thats what happened.
    Oh yeah, and front wheel drive.
    "Never underestimate old guys"

Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    pritty much.....it went to shit then.....

i remember a time where a bunch of us would get together and then ride up to whitnall park, hang out there for the day, and then go up to highway till 2/3 o'clock in the morning, sometimes later, just taking laps, picking up the occaisional race, talking about what happened at the street races, picking up on the girls, and then repeating the whole thingthe next day. There was not one day back then except for when summerfest was in effect that highway was not busy in the summer, and different groups would be strung out all up and down the strip, in packs of 10-30, and the cops didnt mess with us. Now you sit in one spot for 10 min and you have someone harassing you.
    Last edited by Waver; 08-18-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Too funny - front wheel drive "happened" lol
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

im w/ flicktitty on this one. i wish i were around for the "good" times on hwy 100. now its over run w/ little gangster wanna be ricers...BAH..
    03 crew cab duramax: DD
    01 SLP ss: bolt ons, FOR SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTom View Post
    Yep , I don't think there was a night when those two were not out on the highway !

That was a badd azz Buick !

They were always cruising in the far right lane looking for races !

We raced them one night in my buddys Fairlane and got our azzes handed to us ( I knew we would so it was not a bad loss in my mind ) but , the funny part was the guy who my buddy bought the Fairlane from built the car to take out the green Buick @ the highway......I was there when he bought the Fairlane ( pretty built 289 HI PO ) and when the guy told us about how he built it up the go against the green GS , I had a hard time not laughing at the guy , we never really knew what the Buick was running , I only seen the hood slightly opened once @ Da Grove .....but , I did know it would take much more than a built up 289 HI PO to take out that Buick though !
    First post here! ...been lurking for some time, this thread caught my attention!

Was that Fairlane a primered '66 by chance? A friend of mine worked a trade on a '66 roller around '85 that was primered and was previously copper in color, came with a 9" with a 4.56... I remember it having a stout 289 before the trade. Do you have any other details? I may know it's current whereabouts.

In the mid '80s my uncle bought a very stout 289 hipo with a Ford Toploader 4 speed out of a primered Fairlane. I've been in the Mustang he put it in have have seen it turn 9000+ rpm with my own eyes, and it's still running strong. I think the guys name was Jeff that had the Fairlane and he was from the Captiol Court/68th Congress/Columbus Park area. I wonder if it's the same guy/car you guys are talking about?
    2005 Chevy C1500 ECSB
    2008 Mustang GT 5-Speed Grocery Getter
    1979 Z28 4-Speed
    1996 XJ Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X79 View Post
    In the mid '80s my uncle bought a very stout 289 hipo with a Ford Toploader 4 speed out of a primered Fairlane. I've been in the Mustang he put it in have have seen it turn 9000+ rpm with my own eyes, and it's still running strong. I think the guys name was Jeff that had the Fairlane and he was from the Captiol Court/68th Congress/Columbus Park area. I wonder if it's the same guy/car you guys are talking about?
    I think this is the same car, maybe not the one mentioned earlier in the thread but... ? I do remember being in the area of Columbus Park when we went to look at it. As I recall the guy had 2 Fairlanes in his garage. I'll ask who he got it from, I don't remember myself. Another friend of mine currently owns this car, it now has a Cleveland and a C6 reverse manual combo in it. It's still in the same primer.

I don't think it can be explained any better!
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

Senior Member..now yer posting! bigloc's Avatar
    nice pics brian some r priceless!!!!

Rap video agreed...

front wheel drive shoulda made it 'better' for all 'your' group.. more people to pick on..... but, some to put them v8's in there place.

i didnt get up to the highway until 2003 or so, but sounds like i missed the best part.

Although i do remember being like maybe 10yrs old up at Tower RD for like 5hrs at a crack, and also watching a turbo dodge shadow stomp some shit down.

maybe was some of my old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey67 View Post
    I think this is the same car, maybe not the one mentioned earlier in the thread but... ? I do remember being in the area of Columbus Park when we went to look at it. As I recall the guy had 2 Fairlanes in his garage. I'll ask who he got it from, I don't remember myself. Another friend of mine currently owns this car, it now has a Cleveland and a C6 reverse manual combo in it. It's still in the same primer.
    I used tolive on the nw side and play with a pair of fairlanes, one is an "R" code 67, the other was a "S" code that got a heart transplant with a 428 SCJ built to the max. Both were blue and it was fun playing "bate and switch" with the two cars. Those were the old days, now I do it with a couple of t=birds....Rich

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    Too funny - front wheel drive "happened" lol

ya i know its months old
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Orange

Quote Originally Posted by mikey67 View Post
    First post here! ...been lurking for some time, this thread caught my attention!

Was that Fairlane a primered '66 by chance? A friend of mine worked a trade on a '66 roller around '85 that was primered and was previously copper in color, came with a 9" with a 4.56... I remember it having a stout 289 before the trade. Do you have any other details? I may know it's current whereabouts.
    It was orange when he had it , it was also a C-4 automatic.....He installed a kinda half azzed / built 390 FE in the later years he owned it , it was never really as fast as it could have been though....