Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

my first ford

a old pic i found . talking about the night on wis ave will never get old for me . when i look back on my life and think about the things that didnt go that good for me .... i think about the times i had and thing i have done that others could only dream of doing ... like down town 5 foot wheel stand just because .
    Last edited by YENKO4ME; 06-27-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Holy Sheeeaaattt!!!! Man I miss that car! And yes, anyone that was around then knew that car would damn near hook in the rain! Cool thing is that all the talk was true- not just myth made up after years of absence. Michelle's Dad raced the car, then I bought it, made some changes and made it a street car that I raced.
    Some people now brag about having a street car and make a big deal about driving it everywhere. That picture is just one example of how far I would drive the car-Waukesha car show and I lived in South Milwaukee. Don't sound like a big deal until you factor in 5.67 rear gears down I-94 with a Nash Torsion Tube 5 speed that they said couldn't be downshifted Or the 800lb open pressure valve springs on the 10,000rpm 357" Cleveland Makes the "Fast Cars" of today look like commuters. Anyone have pics from the Music Box show years ago? That was a blast!! Oh, and I would pay big for a video of that Wisconsin Ave Q-cruise-Troy thought we were gonna flip over
    "Never underestimate old guys"

I'll buy a chezzz burger to anyone that can put up picks of Jimmys tornino !!! fron the early 90s
    CKSC

make it a dubble cheese

how is that

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    The car in the first post is sex on wheels!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

weres the pic?
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    Some people now brag about having a street car and make a big deal about driving it everywhere. That picture is just one example of how far I would drive the car-Waukesha car show and I lived in South Milwaukee. Don't sound like a big deal until you factor in 5.67 rear gears down I-94 with a Nash Torsion Tube 5 speed that they said couldn't be downshifted Or the 800lb open pressure valve springs on the 10,000rpm 357" Cleveland Makes the "Fast Cars" of today look like commuters.
    Wait, so your not supposed to drive cars with that much spring pressure on the street? Uh oh, I knew I missed something in those instructions..........

Cool pics, I want to see more of everyone's old rides! I wish I would have been able to see more of the street racing scene from years ago, too. I have heard a lot of stories from before my time, and it sounds like it was pretty wild. It seems the cops used to let people get away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    Wait, so your not supposed to drive cars with that much spring pressure on the street? Uh oh, I knew I missed something in those instructions.......... .
    You are an intelligent guy, so I'm sure you understand that 800lb open valve springs in the 1980s were of a "little" different material and technology than today! Hell, we used to joke about bringing replacement valve springs and the tools to change them with us because I went through 2 sets a year Also factor in profile... you have a turbo cam which treats valvesprings with love compared to the cam in that Mustang. I shifted the car between 9000 and 9600RPM It was normal to drive down the expressway at 4800 to keep up with traffic, too! The technology of today makes it alot easier to go fast and have a streetable car-it helped me! It did seem a whole lot easier then, though!

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    I love reading the storys you "old schoolers" post. It seems Hwy was alot more fun before, even in the mid 90s when my cousin and his friends would race their muscle cars up n down hwy and cruse. they have alot of footage on tape of races and such from that time. I like knowing the history of the car scene in milwaukee.
    PS: some of the pictures you guys have posted are awesome.

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

You are an intelligent guy, so I'm sure you understand that 800lb open valve springs in the 1980s were of a "little" different material and technology than today! Hell, we used to joke about bringing replacement valve springs and the tools to change them with us because I went through 2 sets a year Also factor in profile... you have a turbo cam which treats valvesprings with love compared to the cam in that Mustang. I shifted the car between 9000 and 9600RPM It was normal to drive down the expressway at 4800 to keep up with traffic, too! The technology of today makes it alot easier to go fast and have a streetable car-it helped me! It did seem a whole lot easier then, though!
    I was just making a funny Jim, hence the smiley at the end!

Senior Member..now yer posting! Got Boost's Avatar
    Thats why when we were at Tower in those days it was nearly impossible to run in the 9s with a stock suspension....and with cylinder head tech...I remember beating Chuck Samuels ElCamino In Outlaw street (Run by Outlaw Suoer Stock Bill Houghton) and driving the car home running 998 to his 1010.. And Brett Kepner freaking out that I was driving it home...Times and Technology shure has changed..

Quote Originally Posted by YENKO4ME View Post
    a old pic i found . talking about the night on wis ave will never get old for me . when i look back on my life and think about the things that didnt go that good for me .... i think about the times i had and thing i have done that others could only dream of doing ... like down town 5 foot wheel stand just because .
    Thanks for posting the pic! I wish my Dad never sold that car, but he sold it to a great guy who took it even further then it was already. Glad it's "resurfaced" to see it again, even if it doesn't resemble what it once looked like when my Dad ran it.

Other pics can be found here.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    This thread is awesome. I wish I could have seen those days.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Makes me feel like a real old fart with the start of my Hwy 100 cruising on January 16, 1978, the day I got my drivers license. I put many miles on my 67 convertible Camaro just doing laps. I would put $10 in the tank and cruise until the tank was almost empty, then go home. $10 got you about 150 miles. Everyone had CB radios and we talked on channel 13. Everyone knew where people were hang'in out and where the cops were.

Quote Originally Posted by indyzmike View Post
    Everyone had CB radios and we talked on channel 13. Everyone knew where people were hang'in out and where the cops were.
    LOL, my Cutlass has a fake radio antenna mounted on the LF fender where the previous owner removed the big ass CB whip off the car.

P.S. - By the time we got into CB's, we were up to talking on Channel 23.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    I'll buy a chezzz burger to anyone that can put up picks of Jimmys tornino !!! fron the early 90s
    Dam I have some pics of that car and when he repaved 76th st after the R&D car show at Rokavitches (spelling now the hide out) on fathers day 1988 or 89
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

Quote Originally Posted by Feature Pony View Post
    Dam I have some pics of that car and when he repaved 76th st after the R&D car show at Rokavitches (spelling now the hide out) on fathers day 1988 or 89
    I'd LOVE to get copies of them! Please let me know if I can borrow them and have those made.

My uncle Robin Reichert and my dad Ron Riedl used to go up to HWY 100 and cruise all the time so they say. Since I started doing it for awhile they brought up all kinds of stories about cars they had and such.

I'd LOVE to get copies of them! Please let me know if I can borrow them and have those made.
    I'll have to go through my 7 shoe boxes of pictures, I know I took a bunch of them.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

Quote Originally Posted by Feature Pony View Post
    I'll have to go through my 7 shoe boxes of pictures, I know I took a bunch of them.
    well get to lookin you packrat
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/