Senior Member..now yer posting!

2002 f 350 back up sensor doesnt work?

I have a 2002 f 350(60k miles) and the back up sensor now all of sudden dont work anymore. Any ideas? I used to beep when you got close to something, and now nothing, hit the button and still dont work.

Thanks

jake

find out what the voltage should be to it and test it and see if there isnt power going back there guessing they run a switch to it that is prolly bad i havnt messed with any before but hopefully its all straight forward. so the whole back up sensor doesnt work. there should be more then one right?
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

1.) Is there a fuse?

2.) Is there a wiring loom?

If so, recent moisture and freezing may have broken the connection in the loom. Wait a few days, may fix itself.

3.) Check continuity (use a multimeter to detect if the wiring is broken).

4.) Check voltage as previously suggested.

Basically I don't have backup sensors, just had a similar issue with trailer wiring last week. Turned out to be a bad ground and required a new pin in the loom that was behind the bumper. This happens with moisture / salt about every 3 or 4 years on snowmobile trailers.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    make sure that the back up sensors themselves are free and clear of dirt,snow,ice first

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by 1320PNY View Post

Basically I don't have backup sensors, just had a similar issue with trailer wiring last week. Turned out to be a bad ground and required a new pin in the loom that was behind the bumper. This happens with moisture / salt about every 3 or 4 years on snowmobile trailers.
    yep another good point i know i sell a lot of trailer harness's because of that
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    thanks for the reply guys.

i cleaned off the face of the sensors. Went underneath and checked out the wiring and made sure nothing was hanging or messed up. that is as far as i went with it and no luck.

The system went bad this past fall, and the truck doesnt get driven much in the winter. But that is a very good point with the road grime/water getting up there. As the little snow it did go through got stuck up in the bumper area around a sensors.

I will have to monkey around with it some more .

I was just posting to see if there was a "common problem/solution" perhaps that i dont know about.

Thanks again.