240sx people in here

ok, so im using a rear sub frame from a 90's 240sx on my new project. im wondering how much(lol how little) power the rear end will take?!?! differentail, axles, ect... any suggestions on what to use or where to look??

thank you much!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

Rear axles will take damn near anything you you have.

You using an open diff or a VLSD? Either way the stock diffs are going to hold a lot.

The 240's rear is really beefy and STRONG.

How much are you talking?

Well Ive seen 500 plus 240s run stock rears. But WhatsADSM Im sure has more info, since he has an RB26 in his 240. I like the Kazz rear end for an upgrade.

www.freshalloy.com has the best answers for internet support.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Rear axles will take damn near anything you you have.

You using an open diff or a VLSD? Either way the stock diffs are going to hold a lot.

The 240's rear is really beefy and STRONG.

How much are you talking?

in the neighbor hood of 400hp 400ftlbs... but i will most likely never put a sticky tire on the car. Eventually i will, just to see if i can break something

and for now thr car has a stock diff. in it, so its gonna be open which = gay. So that would be my next question is what kind of diffs are out there for these. This is ganna be a play car thats going to get a lot of abuse and tire burning action
    Last edited by sloLs1; 01-03-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Well Ive seen 500 plus 240s run stock rears. But WhatsADSM Im sure has more info, since he has an RB26 in his 240. I like the Kazz rear end for an upgrade.

www.freshalloy.com has the best answers for internet support.
    damn 500!

wish a 10bolt could do that in stock form thanks for the link, theres a good amount of info there!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Yea the r200s are pretty stout. But it u can afford it...

http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...z15waylsd.html

Yea the r200s are pretty stout. But it u can afford it...

http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...z15waylsd.html

yea i figured theyd be expensive! definatly dont have the cash for something like that now. maybe once im done building the car ill see what funds are like! untill then, one wheel peel it is... maybe ill be a redneck and weld it up!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post
    yea i figured theyd be expensive! definatly dont have the cash for something like that now. maybe once im done building the car ill see what funds are like! untill then, one wheel peel it is... maybe ill be a redneck and weld it up!

You should just buy my car.

You should just buy my car.
    lol... people have already put lsx's in 240's... im all about doing things differently! Youve got a sweet car, sucks to see you parting with it!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

The rear ends are strong. Welding the open diff is an option or what i did was, i put a infiniti J30 vlsd in and it works very well. The J30 fit my 95 with out any modifications. Im not sure if thats the same with the s13.

Quote Originally Posted by cool_kat View Post
    The rear ends are strong. Welding the open diff is an option or what i did was, i put a infiniti J30 vlsd in and it works very well. The J30 fit my 95 with out any modifications. Im not sure if thats the same with the s13.
    hmmm... what year of car is that out of??
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

i THINK just about any J30 LSD/ axles will go into a 240sx.

I'm using a VLSD out of a silvia in my coupe and i hope that it will work good, which it should.

There is a guy in Kenosha that welds the diff. that charges like $150? to weld it up and he has a lifetime warrenty. that IF you break it he will get you a new one.

might be something to think about.
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Quote Originally Posted by LIZMO View Post
    i THINK just about any J30 LSD/ axles will go into a 240sx.

I'm using a VLSD out of a silvia in my coupe and i hope that it will work good, which it should.

There is a guy in Kenosha that welds the diff. that charges like $150? to weld it up and he has a lifetime warrenty. that IF you break it he will get you a new one.

might be something to think about.

i trust myself welding my own... ive a ton for numerous people with their mud trucks and such... i will end up doing that if i cant find a lsd from a j30.... but thanks for the info!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Wasnt that Ivan guy going into the 9's with just the lsd ugrade???

I run a j30, cheap and the vlsd works good and if its worn out you can just shim it.
    02 rex wagon

I think my j30 was a 95. The J30 has 2 differnt bolt patterns for the axels, so just keep that in mind. Also for some more info the gears in the open diff are 408 and the j30 are 396 i believe.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Yea tons of different options but in general everything in the r200 carrier is pretty stout. If you are looking for cheapest way to have fun, just weld the stocker. You CAN still kill the axles as they aren't terribly strong but they typically have problems around the 500whp area (earlier of course if you are wheelhopping).

Otherwise something like a J30 (as previously mentioned) is pretty stout. And IIRC you can go with the Z32 (300zx) axles at that point as well which are a little beefier.

Everything I have is R34 Skyline GT-T, and takes the power I put through it with ease... Hell at the track I've stayed in it while hopping . Although I'll be the first to tell you the VLSD is a bit worn and just as dave mentioned, once I look to get something I'll likely get a Kaaz or cusco.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Yea tons of different options but in general everything in the r200 carrier is pretty stout. If you are looking for cheapest way to have fun, just weld the stocker. You CAN still kill the axles as they aren't terribly strong but they typically have problems around the 500whp area (earlier of course if you are wheelhopping).

Otherwise something like a J30 (as previously mentioned) is pretty stout. And IIRC you can go with the Z32 (300zx) axles at that point as well which are a little beefier.

Everything I have is R34 Skyline GT-T, and takes the power I put through it with ease... Hell at the track I've stayed in it while hopping . Although I'll be the first to tell you the VLSD is a bit worn and just as dave mentioned, once I look to get something I'll likely get a Kaaz or cusco.

ill have to do some hunting around!

ONCE again thank you all for the input, its greatly appreaciated!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD