In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar

I need a few suggestions.......

Hey....This summer I'm going to be fixing up my '89 RS, and I want to paint her ground effects some other color than her body, which is bright red. What do you all think would be a sharp-looking contrast color? I don't want to keep them red, I want something that stands out.....I have a few ideas, but would like to see if there's something you guys think of that I haven't....

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    black

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Please don't do it!
    But if you must a dark Charcoal metallic!
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

I was actually thinking of either black or charcoal......

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    [QUOTE=BadAzzGTA89;484655
    But if you must a dark Charcoal metallic![/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking a charcoal met
    1985 MONTE CARLO SS
    2 Chevrolet 1 Pontiac 2 Oldsmobiles

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89 View Post
    Please don't do it!
    But if you must a dark Charcoal metallic!

The black becomes almost too much of a contrast. Atleast in the cars I've seen try it on TGO.

The like 84-85 cars also used silver on red.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I'm starting to think maybe just leaving them red might be best.......

Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    I'm starting to think maybe just leaving them red might be best.......
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

I'd keep it red but silver would look nice, potentially...or the darker charcoal or a pewter, IMO. What color is the interior? Maybe to match that, but I'd assume its a shade of gray.

The 87' TA I parted for my TPI donor years ago was a red with silver GFX car, had the 16x8 cross lace wheels too (for sale on here by the person I sold them too recently), a pretty sharp combo I thought. Too bad it was rotted and I wanted parts .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    I'd keep it red but silver would look nice, potentially...or the darker charcoal or a pewter, IMO. What color is the interior? Maybe to match that, but I'd assume its a shade of gray.

The 87' TA I parted for my TPI donor years ago was a red with silver GFX car, had the 16x8 cross lace wheels too (for sale on here by the person I sold them too recently), a pretty sharp combo I thought. Too bad it was rotted and I wanted parts .
    The interior is a dark maroon-ish red......The car is the really bright red, with a black hood......my deep, dark desire would be to paint the ground effects bright metallic silver, but I think I may be the only one that would think that would look hot. I am notoriously tacky. The car is in really good shape, and the paint is still very bright, though. 90 % sure I'll leave them red.....but......

I think its safe to say red with maroon effects would clash but if you like being tacky....

Silver would look good and fit the car, IMO. I don't think it would be unique though, if thats what you are after.

My parents next door neighbor has a red 89' RS, has red effects which is a clean look. Clean car with lower mileage, he used to really baby it and keep it stored 99% of the time and never out in bad weather but for some reason he parked it outside starting a few years ago for his newer Olds to get the garage . Hardtop 305 TBI/5 speed car, nice start for an auto x machine .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    I think its safe to say red with maroon effects would clash but if you like being tacky....

Silver would look good and fit the car, IMO. I don't think it would be unique though, if thats what you are after.

My parents next door neighbor has a red 89' RS, has red effects which is a clean look. Clean car with lower mileage, he used to really baby it and keep it stored 99% of the time and never out in bad weather but for some reason he parked it outside starting a few years ago for his newer Olds to get the garage . Hardtop 305 TBI/5 speed car, nice start for an auto x machine .

Maroon effects would be horrifying, lol......you really think the silver would look good? I suppose I could try it, if it looks awful, I could always repaint them red, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    Maroon effects would be horrifying, lol......you really think the silver would look good? I suppose I could try it, if it looks awful, I could always repaint them red, right?
    Paint can ALWAYS be changed... it's just a matter of how much you wanna deal with it.

Like I said tonite, it's YOUR car. Who cares what everyone else thinks. I'm not great with photoshop but if you can get some pics of your car online we can mock-up some options..
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    Paint can ALWAYS be changed... it's just a matter of how much you wanna deal with it.

Like I said tonite, it's YOUR car. Who cares what everyone else thinks. I'm not great with photoshop but if you can get some pics of your car online we can mock-up some options..

Oooo! Photoshop...I never thought of that......I need to take some pics of the car, problem there is I don't have a camera.....I do have a few pics of Camaros that look like mine...which would work, I suppose.

Last edited by 1320PNY; 06-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

Ex-Trans Am owner.

I have seen a few irocs using the red/gold color scheme too...looks kind of sharp with the gold rims......if it were me though, I would keep the car color red and find a set of 91/92 z28 tims with the red inserts.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I really like the set of wheels on the Z-28 in the last picture above.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Holy sh*t......the silver looks so good it's almost painful.....That ends my decision-making.......silver it is!! Thanks for all your help!!!!

i agree, i think that silver looks gooooood. I never thought that combo would work but it does.