Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have to agree with anyone who tells you to wait. Toys are getting expensive NEW and holding value for about 2 years. If you look around at anything in the $30K plus range, it takes a minimum $10K hit in the first two years.

I would hold out and buy a used car in two years. You're going to tear it apart and make it your own anyway, plus the "Z" cars are a 45yr old man's dream, so in two years you can pick one up that was bought and never taken over 3500 rpm as some old dude wanted to troll for 25 year olds.

I saw a red 350 at Ace Hardware. I talked to the owner (probably 50 yrs old) and he said he had it for 3 months and got it up to 90mph. He said it was "scary fast".

Wait and be happy. I know Winter makes you want to do crazy things, but just hold out and you can have both.

BCM Cruiser
    sweet thing about the new z, is the motor/tranny has been arouns for quite awhile (different variations of course) and theres already plenty that has been done. ive been in and out of the vq, so if you ever plan to upgrade, im your man lol.
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin350z View Post
    sweet thing about the new z, is the motor/tranny has been arouns for quite awhile (different variations of course) and theres already plenty that has been done. ive been in and out of the vq, so if you ever plan to upgrade, im your man lol.
    Sour thing is quality parts are still as expensive as they were 3 years ago. There's plenty of aftermarket support and the car is phenomenal, but don't expect to mod a Z33 for the same dollars you're modding a 240 for. A NICE exhaust is $600-$800. S-Tune Exhaust is damn near $1000. Stance at least makes coil overs for it which are affordable. Any kind of turbo kits gonna run you $5000.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Sour thing is quality parts are still as expensive as they were 3 years ago. There's plenty of aftermarket support and the car is phenomenal, but don't expect to mod a Z33 for the same dollars you're modding a 240 for. A NICE exhaust is $600-$800. S-Tune Exhaust is damn near $1000. Stance at least makes coil overs for it which are affordable. Any kind of turbo kits gonna run you $5000.

Just sayin.
    I dont plan on any mods if I buy a z34.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    New Z is SEEEEXXXX!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post

Just sayin.

this si true, but with the amount of people constantly selling parts, you can get really great prices on almost mint condition parts. my AAM exhaust is $1650 brand new, i got mine for $775 shipped. instead of shelling out over 1k for aam's fuel return setup, i found rails for $200 (new) and just bought lines and fittings...

only downside is the hard to get parts that i really needed, sp triple pump is $900, AAM 3" downpipes run $600ish, and carbonetics triple plate was $2100. it gets really stupid really quick, and it sucks because im addicted to it lol
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

dave, how much are you gonna part w/ it for? is there like a lil sister discount? i could use a new daily lol............ or i can convince nick to get it
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Quote Originally Posted by LIZMO View Post
    dave, how much are you gonna part w/ it for? is there like a lil sister discount? i could use a new daily lol............ or i can convince nick to get it
    It's already been talked about....
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

so quit talking about it and DO IT
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

I will make my final decision by end of Feb.

It's definitely better to think things through then make an impulse decision.
    02 rex wagon

OMG the blue is dead sexy!! You so need one of those.. I like the 370's better then the 350's. 300z's are the best hehe jk
    ----------------------------
    Time to use common sense!

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I will make my final decision by end of Feb.
    Dave, i would take your car over the 370 in a heartbeat..but then again i'd take anything over the 370 (unless the 370 came with a saws-all). needless to say im not a fan of Nissans new "brand identity" direction... "our bucktooh grill look failed, so lets try some boomerang headlights on all the models"

buy a later model 350 and save yourself some cash

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin350z View Post
    this si true, but with the amount of people constantly selling parts, you can get really great prices on almost mint condition parts. my AAM exhaust is $1650 brand new, i got mine for $775 shipped. instead of shelling out over 1k for aam's fuel return setup, i found rails for $200 (new) and just bought lines and fittings...

only downside is the hard to get parts that i really needed, sp triple pump is $900, AAM 3" downpipes run $600ish, and carbonetics triple plate was $2100. it gets really stupid really quick, and it sucks because im addicted to it lol
    lets hope you didn't hawk my spring compressor that you were suppose to return to me 5 months ago to fund your project

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    Dave, i would take your car over the 370 in a heartbeat..but then again i'd take anything over the 370 (unless the 370 came with a saws-all). needless to say im not a fan of Nissans new "brand identity" direction... "our bucktooh grill look failed, so lets try some boomerang headlights on all the models"

buy a later model 350 and save yourself some cash
    370z > 350z on all levels IMO

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    get another job so you can keep both

Quote Originally Posted by floaters View Post
    get another job so you can keep both
    I would be happy with 1 job right now.

I agree with troutman, although my reasoning is more towards performance. The fact that they did not make a turbo version and continued the n/a trend like the 350 with limitations to make easy and cheap aftermarket hp steered me the other way. $3-4k for a turbo set up and if you want to make some good numbers you have to start digging into the engine, imagine what you could with that in the 240?

Anyways, my girl is interested so let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    I agree with troutman, although my reasoning is more towards performance. The fact that they did not make a turbo version and continued the n/a trend like the 350 with limitations to make easy and cheap aftermarket hp steered me the other way. $3-4k for a turbo set up and if you want to make some good numbers you have to start digging into the engine, imagine what you could with that in the 240?

Anyways, my girl is interested so let us know.
    I cant afford another car note right now, so the 240 is staying.....for now.

Why did you take a picture of your car w' girls, between 2 dumpsters?

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I cant afford another car note right now, so the 240 is staying.....for now.

Why did you take a picture of your car w' girls, between 2 dumpsters?