Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

TWC losing channels???

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,5837212.story

Watching Comedy Central and there's a scroller telling me to call a number to stop it from happening. So I looked it up, and apparently TWC and Viacom got beef..
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

your fav shows jeri....i'd write letters....
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

I say fawk em. My cable bill is too much anyway. viacom and TWC can both kiss my bahookie

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

Your favorites too Wayner...

Time Warner Cable Inc. could lose such Viacom channels as Nickelodeon, MTV, VH-1, Comedy Central, Spike, TV Land and BET.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

good thing I have Direct tv -no problems here havent missed TWC once since I told them to go F themselfs, its nice our bill is now the same every month!!
    Last edited by xxtremeteam; 12-31-2008 at 07:41 AM.
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Channels

If the channels they are talking about really do go from my cable I will dump my cable...The prices keep going up was bad enough to deal with and now losing most of the channels I watch to boot are the last straw!

I guess I go with direct TV.....

I've been noticing this too. Intermittently.

Cable

I have had cable here for MANY years now , I like the service for the most part, latley the prices are just getting too high, now with the channels I watch going away there is no reason to stay...

YEah, prices for TV are just getting outrageous

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    I just saw this too watching fresh prince: my son loves Dora, Icarly and "bob bob". Why does it say you can stop this by calling and 800 number? Going to make us pay more? Ill have my dad dump TWC for Uverse or Direct tv

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Dish FTW
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Jackstand Racing Team twirkin50's Avatar
    What a surprise..........

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTom View Post
    If the channels they are talking about really do go from my cable I will dump my cable...The prices keep going up was bad enough to deal with and now losing most of the channels I watch to boot are the last straw!

I guess I go with direct TV.....

same here....or maybe AT&T will get there asses in gear and fix my shit out here and i can get there cable...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

people still watch TV the old way?
    WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFW
    WTFWTWFWTWFWTWFWT
    WTWFWTWFWTWFWTWFWTWTf

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

They're taking away BET???? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

'SpongeBob' may go dark on Time Warner
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081231/...e_warner_cable

LOS ANGELES – "SpongeBob SquarePants" may be getting squeezed off of Time Warner Cable.

Media giant Viacom Inc. said its Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and 16 other channels will go dark for 13 million subscribers at 12:01 a.m. Thursday if a new carriage fee deal with Time Warner Cable is not agreed upon by then.

The impasse would mean "SpongeBob" and other popular shows like Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" and Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" will be cut off, said spokesman Alex Dudley, a vice president at Time Warner Cable. The nation's second-largest cable operator primarily serves customers in New York state, the Carolinas, Ohio, Southern California and Texas.

Viacom has asked for fee increases of between 22 percent and 36 percent per channel, an amount that could increase customers' cable bills, Dudley said. Viacom spokeswoman Kelly McAndrew said the requested increase was in the very low double-digit percentage range.

"The issue is that they have asked for an exorbitant increase in their carriage fees and their network ratings are sagging," Dudley said. "Basically we're trying to hold the line for our customer."
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Yeah, wow. I love HD tv but over $100 a month for that not including the internet - come on...

Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    'SpongeBob' may go dark on Time Warner
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081231/...e_warner_cable

LOS ANGELES – "SpongeBob SquarePants" may be getting squeezed off of Time Warner Cable.

Media giant Viacom Inc. said its Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and 16 other channels will go dark for 13 million subscribers at 12:01 a.m. Thursday if a new carriage fee deal with Time Warner Cable is not agreed upon by then.

The impasse would mean "SpongeBob" and other popular shows like Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" and Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" will be cut off, said spokesman Alex Dudley, a vice president at Time Warner Cable. The nation's second-largest cable operator primarily serves customers in New York state, the Carolinas, Ohio, Southern California and Texas.

Viacom has asked for fee increases of between 22 percent and 36 percent per channel, an amount that could increase customers' cable bills, Dudley said. Viacom spokeswoman Kelly McAndrew said the requested increase was in the very low double-digit percentage range.

"The issue is that they have asked for an exorbitant increase in their carriage fees and their network ratings are sagging," Dudley said. "Basically we're trying to hold the line for our customer."
    ^^^^

FOOK Time Warner. They no nothing about customer service or whom puts food on their table.

Satellite FTW

I'm pretty sure everybody knows where I stand on this subject with TW.....

I have never had a problem with TW's service, or customer service. It's been flawless for me. It's just too damn expensive.