Pro bowl before the superbowl....good idea?

I cant see how many players would risk injury if they were going to be playing in the Superbowl a week later. thoughts?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    ahh who cares Cowboys arent in it.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Is this an issue that's been brought up for real?

I really think the pro bowl turned into a shit game about 15 years ago or so. Players use to WANT to play in it as if it was an award. Now most of them could care less if they go and play but just want to be on the list.

as of 2010 the game has been moved with both games being played in Miami.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    as of 2010 the game has been moved with both games being played in Miami.
    Well, I am positive that noone playing on the SB teams will participate in the Pro Bowl.

Shitty idea for a shitty game.
    -Tyler

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I think it's a great idea...but it DOES eliminate those who'll be playing in the superbowl (I can't see the guys not just risking injury, but getting out of practice to play). I can also see the guys on the losing side of the conference championship games begging off too...salt in the wound would be my guess. Pro-bowl sucks so bad now that anything will represent an improvement.

It should make the pro-bowl more relevant again...AND set the stage for the host city to have a full week of Football activity. Start the week with the pro-bowl, stick around for the superbowl.

I also think they should make the game more financially rewarding for the players involved too...on a pay scale twice what they might get for a play-off game going to the loser, 4x's as much going to the winner.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!