Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

the 09 hemis with VCT are already pushing 390 hp, with a decent tune, catback and exhaust, you will be looking at stock SRT HP anyhow, with the lifetime powertrain warranty.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Well, I bit the bullet!!

Just picked up a '09 Challenger R/T, 5.7 Hemi w/5spd auto, red with most of the bells/whistles like power sunroof, leather, HIDs etc... Got a decent deal I couldn't pass up.
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"

congrats! post pics!

Clinton
    70 challenger- JUST SITTING
    63 Dodge polara- 588 HEMI-1101 rwhp & 1090 rwtq. 8.07 @ 168
    99 Ram 4x4- slow DD
    The toys- 08 Polaris IQR 600RR and Polaris Predator 500 Cross Country

What kind of deals are they giving now that they are in Chapter 11??? I am wondering if they are really wheeling and dealing or just waiting to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    What kind of deals are they giving now that they are in Chapter 11??? I am wondering if they are really wheeling and dealing or just waiting to come out of it.
    most dealers don't want to even sell a new chrysler. who knows if they will pay their incentives .

nice...lets see pics

Congrats on the car. If it makes you happy thats what counts.

Post whore
    Congrats! Pics.....
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Congrats man. I cannot love the new Challenger more. I wish I was in a position to pick one up.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Hopefully the pics will show:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"

And as far as the dealers wanting to deal:
    You're right, the first two Dodge dealers just seemed like they weren't willing to deal at all - but they only had a couple Challengers on thier lots.

The third dealer I went to had at least 6 on the lot and they acted like they wanted to sell a car! It was like night-and-day compared to the first two!
    I had them down 10% off sticker, and then remembered I could get a Family and Friends discount, and that price was even lower - so you can imagine which I went with...

I also had them add the RT stripes for free since it didn't originally have them. I think it makes it look better IMO. Also it came with the lifetime drivetrain warranty, and I got a lifetime warranty that covers pretty much everything else.

BTW, I test drove a 2010 Camaro LT1/RS before I bought this - and they're nice too!! I'm guessing Chevy's gonna sell alot of them. They handle awesome and suprisingly smooth ride. Only complaint I had was that it felt kinda cramped inside. You're surrounded with vinyl and plastic all around, and I only had maybe 2-3 inches of headroom, and I'm only 6'1". That being said, the SS Camaros are going to be awesome cars....I just preferred the looks of the Challenger over the Camaro, even though it won't outrun an SS...

-But I already have a '83Z with as much if not more power....it's just "unrefined" power!! lol.
    Last edited by 83ZL69; 05-15-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    kickass. Congrats again. Looks very cool.

I've only sat in both and I felt the same about the Camaro. It felt small to me, but I didn't have any issues, just the feeling that the space was very small. Whereas the Challenger I thought fit me perfectly.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Post whore
    Nice. I like the stripes on the fender.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 70challenger452 View Post
    My mom just got a 6-speed r/t in deep water blue, the car is an absolute blast to drive. I've driven 2 different new mustangs, one an 05 and the other an 06 and they don't even compare with the challenger in the fun factor. Throwing gears is just a flick of the wrist and banging gears couldn't be easier (just dont let your hand slip off the shifter going into third, my knuckle still has a scab). Drive a 6 speed challenger and you will fall in love.
    the day i bought my csrt4 there was an old orange challenger in the lot..
    he ended up buying a brand new srt8 (orange)

he also took a pic, almost identical to this. only different dealership, and orange. awesome.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    The red challenger looks nice man!!! Why'd you decide on auto vs. 6speed?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar

That's OK Puresound, I still troll around the boards anyway.

GTSLOW - I already have a 5 speed Camaro, plus just in case I decide to run the Challenger at the strip one of these days, it'll be more consistant than with me shifting.

EDIT: And thx for the compliment, I only have 1600 miles on the clock still!
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"