Thread: carb??

Question carb??

So my dad is building a chevy powered street rod (with a auto)and is looking for a carb he normally uses a edelbrock carb but has been very unhappy with them lately so i found these and suggested it to him what do you guys think, car will maybe be driven 4 or 5 times a month when done,other suggestions please keep in mind this is not a reace car just looking for a electric choke a relativly low maint.
    http://www.summitracing.com/streetan...ch_content.asp
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Holley street avenger makes a good vacuum secondary carb...they come in 570, 670, 770, 870 sizes...very simple tuning, electric choke, and pretty decent power. For a mildish engine, they pretty much come out of the box ready to run...shouldn't even need to touch the idle adjustment screws if it's a mild 350.

Might check with Ron and see what he's got too...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I was told this elsewhere
    Looks like an improved-upon Holley 4010, a few guys on another site really seem to like these carbs and have tons good to say, seems like a pretty good bang for the buck
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

that would work good for a street rod.
    myself have never been a fan of a carb with a working choke on something that is driven in nice weather 99% of the time. the 2 minutes it takes for a good working carb to be able to idle never made it much of a concern for me.
    reguardless,its a MUCH better choice than that edelbrock/carter POS.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I am pretty sure he is going to give that carb a shot

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Holley FTW.