Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    He already had all of Marino's records LAST year. He came back to try and stick it in Ted Thompsons face. And in some ways he did.

Rodgers played great for 3 quarters of almost every game. But in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line he folded, especially in the Red Zone. All those game where they had to settle for FG's instead of scoring TD's to be up by 2 scores instead of 1, ended up costing the Packers W's. Yes the Defense is awful. But the Offense is pretty damn good, too good to be settling for 3 points in key situations. Those are the times when I think Favre get's them 2 more wins this season. Which still means out of the playoffs.

Rodger's has likely been hammered by the coaching staff not to take chances in the Red Zone, and that 3 points is okay. Which for a team with a say a real defense would be okay. But time and time the D showed it couldn't hold a lead. What's that saying about the definition of insanity, doing the same things over and over again but expecting different results? Take a chance and close out the damn game. Now that might be all Rodgers, or that might be the coaching staff not having confidence in him. Then when he finally does take a chance it's with under 2 minutes to go and he throws a Favre like INT.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    He already had all of Marino's records LAST year. He came back to try and stick it in Ted Thompsons face. And in some ways he did.

Rodgers played great for 3 quarters of almost every game. But in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line he folded, especially in the Red Zone. All those game where they had to settle for FG's instead of scoring TD's to be up by 2 scores instead of 1, ended up costing the Packers W's. Yes the Defense is awful. But the Offense is pretty damn good, too good to be settling for 3 points in key situations. Those are the times when I think Favre get's them 2 more wins this season. Which still means out of the playoffs.

Rodger's has likely been hammered by the coaching staff not to take chances in the Red Zone, and that 3 points is okay. Which for a team with a say a real defense would be okay. But time and time the D showed it couldn't hold a lead. What's that saying about the definition of insanity, doing the same things over and over again but expecting different results? Take a chance and close out the damn game. Now that might be all Rodgers, or that might be the coaching staff not having confidence in him. Then when he finally does take a chance it's with under 2 minutes to go and he throws a Favre like INT.
    I think I'd have to agree with all of this.

I take birdshit personally.

so Brett came back to stick it to ted thompson? whats his excuse now for his bs? must just like to phuck with fans in general.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    What BS?? I must have missed it? He said it depended on the health of his shoulder. He had an MRI on it and I'm sure something will be reported soon. If he needs surgery at 40 years old he's not going to make it back. Maybe the Jets new coach won't even want him.

The only people making this a big deal is WI people, as usual. I don't understand the problem. He said DAY 1 at the Jets he was not sure if he'd play more then 1 year. That he would see how it went and evaluate in the offseason.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

he didnt have the mri btw. he was on espn several weeks ago saying he wasnt sure if he had it in him to play another season.. WHY come back back with the hooplah he caused for one more year if he KNEW it wasnt in him? should have left on top, instead left a tainted memoryof how he left. sad when even commentators start saying "so is retirement talk coming again", "boy we heard that one from him several times".
    his records aside, to true football fans not farve fans he is becoming a joke just like jordan was after awhile. maybe hes waiting to handpick a new coach..lol

I was never aware it stopped.
    Couldn't agree more.

if you're dumb enough to automatically assume that Brett Favre would have won more games then Aaron Rodgers with this current team, you're a fool. the QB was NOT the problem for the packers this year.
    Agreed some more....Rodgers played well, infact GREATLY outplayed Brett. You think the Packers were going to be 13-3 or even 11-5 because Brett came back? Last year they got breaks and overachieved. Now the opposite happens, 6-10. Look at the Dolphins, Falcons, Ravens. Its the NFL, parity rules.

If make the assumption that Rodgers is the superior QB while only winning 6 games then I can make the assumption, based on wins that count, and not stats that don't, then you're the fool.
    How do you measure whos better then? Numbers can be misleading at times but overall tell the truth. So Grossman was a great QB because the Bears made the Super Bowl? Trent Dilfer was even better because the Ravens won? Is Rodgers missing "clutchitude" and "grittiness" to help him win? Nope. Look at Favres numbers in the last month or so. Ick. To state numbers don't mean anything is absurd really. Its not like Rodgers chalked up his stats in some blowout victory over a JV team.

I loved watching Farve play and hope he comes back next year to end on a higher note, at least playing much better if they don't make the Playoffs. To go out after last season would of been a nice ending to cap his career.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

There would be no hoopla if media (commentators included) would give it a rest. They really aren't tired of it. They keep reporting it. Favre is a lightening rod for them. How many times has Vinny Testaverde retired and unretired. He doesn't get all the attention. Nor did Junior Seau, or Keyshawn Johnson, or Daunte Culpepper, or Charles Haley or Reggie White or....

Again, you're comparing Rodgers in a proven system, that he's familiar with, and players he's familiar with, against Favre in a system that was greek, and apparently not much better even given time with it if you base Pennington's success with it.

Just a side question. Which of you have actually played sports at ANY level. I can not believe that if you have, that you would not understand how individuals interact in a team environment. I've been on teams (baseball in this case) where we've booted our best player because he was a nob and our chemistry changed. We did a complete 180 and couldn't have been happier, and better, without him. (I'm not suggesting Rodgers is a nob. He seems very nice.)

I've also played football with what we thought was an acceptable QB who went down and was replaced by, what we thought, was a less talented guy. That backup though knew how to get guys attention in the huddle. In "coach speak" you build your team up when they're down and you tear them down when they're up.

Maybe Rodgers gets that with time. Maybe not. You can't deny that his teammates loved him when he was here and they responded.

3 seasons on the bench is not even remotely similar to 1 season as a starter. Rodgers needs ON FIELD experience and he got a lot this year, as he gets more the team will solidify around him. Favre is used up, time to get off his nuts....

played football. btw, teams at alot of levels can be very cliquish. guys that played together sometimes act like kids when they dont get their way or have to try something new! how many passes did rodgers take while favre was at the helm? how much experience could you get riding the bench? didnt favre SUCK his first couple of years?

you can say the media drives this but cook his agent says one thing then brett says thats not true and i am tired, only want to play if i can win a superbowl, getting old, blah blah blah, then says something else. who is the liar? sounds like he keeps himself in the media at times.

true football fans are saying is give rodgers an honest chance. it cant be easy to walk in the shadow of a brett favre.

In NY Favre probably is done. Last year in GB you wouldn't have said that. Not if you think Rodgers numbers make him a super hero. His numbers are roughly the same, slightly lower, that Favre's last year. The only significant differences were points scored, by the offense, (our defense has scored 63 for us this year assuming we made all the PAT's after their TD's), and wins.

And you're right. 3 season on the bench are not like 1 season as a starter. It's also not the same as 0 seasons on the bench. Just ask Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceDaddy View Post
    There would be no hoopla if media (commentators included) would give it a rest. They really aren't tired of it. They keep reporting it. Favre is a lightening rod for them. How many times has Vinny Testaverde retired and unretired. He doesn't get all the attention. Nor did Junior Seau, or Keyshawn Johnson, or Daunte Culpepper, or Charles Haley or Reggie White or....
    damm near every one of these players were ASKED back to play! most recently junior seau by billichek himself, dante was picked up a back up for his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    true football fans are saying is give rodgers an honest chance. it cant be easy to walk in the shadow of a brett favre.
    I will give him a chance. I have to if I'm a Packer fan. I'm just saying his chance could have started in 2009. The difference between winning and losing is very slight in the NFL. We were on the cusp last year. I don't think you can say that right now.

In NY Favre probably is done. Last year in GB you wouldn't have said that. Not if you think Rodgers numbers make him a super hero. His numbers are roughly the same, slightly lower, that Favre's last year. The only significant differences were points scored, by the offense, (our defense has scored 63 for us this year assuming we made all the PAT's after their TD's), and wins.

And you're right. 3 season on the bench are not like 1 season as a starter. It's also not the same as 0 seasons on the bench. Just ask Matt Ryan.
    look at the gap since the last time matt ryan took a snap in college vs rodgers. farve fans forget they asked for his head prior to last year and wanted him done. he has a final good year and he is praised again.

damm near every one of these players were ASKED back to play! most recently junior seau by billichek himself, dante was picked up a back up for his experience.
    And the Jets went one step further by even giving up a draft pick for the privilege. Not that it got them to the playoffs, but they were at least competitive. I don't see the difference.

look at the gap since the last time matt ryan took a snap in college vs rodgers.
    So now Ryan with 0 NFL experience, has the advantage over Rodgers??? Wow. Such a burden Aaaron has to live with. It's amazing he ever completed even 1 pass!

Poor guy.

matt was a starter at boston college and took every snap until he left then his rookie year took all snaps. rodgers rode a bench for 3 years and took no snaps.

And the Jets went one step further by even giving up a draft pick for the privilege. Not that it got them to the playoffs, but they were at least competitive. I don't see the difference.
    the difference was you commented on how many other players retired then unretired. the players you listed were asked back not relevant to the brett saga.

matt was a starter at boston college and took every snap until he left then his rookie year took all snaps. rodgers rode a bench for 3 years and took no snaps.
    I'm thinking the prevailing opinion is that it's better for a QB to be given time to develop rather than be thrown to the wolves immediately.

the difference was you commented on how many other players retired then unretired. the players you listed were asked back not relevant to the brett saga.
    So your issue is with timing rather than the fact that someone wanted him back or that they'd back up the talk with a draft pick?