Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So when does Brett start the crying routine?

no playoffs and the guy he replaced kicked his a$s on the field and turned around a wasted team. every dolphin credits chad with turning their team around yet NOBODY says crap about Brett except maybe...damm another int?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    he may be at bens bedside crying not understanding why he thinks he's batman

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

he's done. can't possibly see how he comes back after a truly poor season. it's a shame, he could have left on a totally high note last year
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Sad but true.....

now hes whining that he didnt get along with mangini and that he didnt like being criticized for bad throws...what a fuggin baby! totally going out on a bad note AGAIN especially since now he will wait to see how his shoulder is because he is old.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    He'll be back to poping pills by the end of the year.

I was never aware it stopped.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    I'm with Yoosef on this. Someone get that bitch a diaper and a nook

poetic justice that the guy that got the boot because of him beat him on his turf. course it would suck if the dolphins won the sb..lol

I thought I had seen something on the TV that said Friday.
    “Farve doesn’t think he can throw like he use too.”
    Hang it up already
    I hope he pulls the same crap he pulled with the packers.
    New York will have a field day with him then.
    Chadpoleon Simesamite
    www.widsm.org

Meanwhile our QB with the fantasy football stats led us to a 6-10 record. (2 of them against the Lions) I'd trade whining for winning.

I take birdshit personally.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceDaddy View Post
    Meanwhile our QB with the fantasy football stats led us to a 6-10 record. (2 of them against the Lions) I'd trade whining for winning.
    Not me. They can keep Brett.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    That OL that the Jets paid so much money for was pathetic. Pennington would have been out injured AGAIN had he been in NY. He should be happy that he got out and let an old man take the beating. It reminded me of the Packer line 2-3 years ago after Wahl and Riviera left and Favre was getting destroyed every week.

I'd take Favre over anyone up until about the second week of Nov. Once the weather gets cold, he's not the same guy. It's called being old. I'm 35 and the winters seem to kick my ass more and more each year.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Anytime you throw more INTs than TDs you know you suck or at least you should

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Not me.
    Then you miss the point of the game. Stats don't get you anything but a trip home.

The non-football discussions do get tiring but here is the reality. We were 6-10!!! 2 of those wins are against an 0-16 team. 2 were against less than stellar division opponents. This team, 13-3 last year, returned almost completely intact with the exception of the QB position. Our "rookie" QB had 3 years of experience in the system. He knew all the players and coaches. He could not have been put in a better position to succeed than he was.

And his stats reflect that. Very impressive if you play FFL. (I might even draft him as my 2nd QB next year.) The name of the game, however, is wins. There is no denying the fact that we were 0-7 in close games. A system can go a long ways toward getting you to the doorstep. (Look what a change in system did for Pennington.) It's the playmakers that get you over the threshold. The Packers had one in Favre, they don't any more. (Maybe that's why McCarthy played not to lose. He didn't have complete faith in Rodgers either.) What good is saving a QB rating by NOT making the hard passes. The ones that win games. "Congratulations! You didn't throw a pick in the end zone but we still lost by 4 points." Maybe you make the throw and we win. Maybe not. But a loss is a loss and I'd rather take a stab at it than accumulate fantasy points.

I'm glad that Rodgers has poise and class. Maybe that would win him a crown in the Miss USA pageant. It didn't do crap for us. Maybe a little less poise would've helped. We need someone to lead this team. Someone with some fire in the belly to make that final push when the game is on the line. Right now we've got nothing. No confidence or swagger. And we're not going to get that by continuing to build by the draft. We need impact veteran players.

Favre in NY. Yup. The experiment was a flop. Thompson dragged his feet until Brett had 2 weeks to get familiar with a completely new system and a complete roster of strangers. You could tell from the very beginning that he wasn't comfortable. And without the confidence that helped the Packers get through rough spots, there was nothing left to help the Jets. Thompson effectively killed two birds with one stone. The Packers and Brett Favre's final year. Still, Brett came to a team that was 4-12 and helped them get to 9-7. (Sound familiar? Like maybe what happened between 1991 and 1992 in GB.) Favre is obviously at the end of the line. And Rodgers, if for no other reason than he's here, is the future of the Packers. That future didn't have to start though until 2009.

Favre failed miserably in New York. Who cares if a team went from 4-12 and not making the playoffs to signing a bunch of decent players besides Favre and going 9-7 and not making the playoffs. That shit happens all the time.

He looked good the first few games...but even in the wins (besides that 6 touchdown game) he looked VERY mediocre at best.

It takes a team to go 6-10, not just one player. Just like it takes a team to win. Bob Sanders will be very lucky if he has his job for next season.
    -Tyler

Favre looked great in the beginning of the season so there's no excuse. Chad was in the same situation as Brett....so wheres that excuse?

Lead the league in int's all while only throwing 2 TD's and 9 int's in the last 5 games to take them out of the postseason....you can keep him.

Then you miss the point of the game. Stats don't get you anything but a trip home.

The non-football discussions do get tiring but here is the reality. We were 6-10!!! 2 of those wins are against an 0-16 team. 2 were against less than stellar division opponents. This team, 13-3 last year, returned almost completely intact with the exception of the QB position. Our "rookie" QB had 3 years of experience in the system. He knew all the players and coaches. He could not have been put in a better position to succeed than he was.

And his stats reflect that. Very impressive if you play FFL. (I might even draft him as my 2nd QB next year.) The name of the game, however, is wins. There is no denying the fact that we were 0-7 in close games. A system can go a long ways toward getting you to the doorstep. (Look what a change in system did for Pennington.) It's the playmakers that get you over the threshold. The Packers had one in Favre, they don't any more. (Maybe that's why McCarthy played not to lose. He didn't have complete faith in Rodgers either.) What good is saving a QB rating by NOT making the hard passes. The ones that win games. "Congratulations! You didn't throw a pick in the end zone but we still lost by 4 points." Maybe you make the throw and we win. Maybe not. But a loss is a loss and I'd rather take a stab at it than accumulate fantasy points.

I'm glad that Rodgers has poise and class. Maybe that would win him a crown in the Miss USA pageant. It didn't do crap for us. Maybe a little less poise would've helped. We need someone to lead this team. Someone with some fire in the belly to make that final push when the game is on the line. Right now we've got nothing. No confidence or swagger. And we're not going to get that by continuing to build by the draft. We need impact veteran players.

Favre in NY. Yup. The experiment was a flop. Thompson dragged his feet until Brett had 2 weeks to get familiar with a completely new system and a complete roster of strangers. You could tell from the very beginning that he wasn't comfortable. And without the confidence that helped the Packers get through rough spots, there was nothing left to help the Jets. Thompson effectively killed two birds with one stone. The Packers and Brett Favre's final year. Still, Brett came to a team that was 4-12 and helped them get to 9-7. (Sound familiar? Like maybe what happened between 1991 and 1992 in GB.) Favre is obviously at the end of the line. And Rodgers, if for no other reason than he's here, is the future of the Packers. That future didn't have to start though until 2009.

if you're dumb enough to automatically assume that Brett Favre would have won more games then Aaron Rodgers with this current team, you're a fool. the QB was NOT the problem for the packers this year.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

If make the assumption that Rodgers is the superior QB while only winning 6 games then I can make the assumption, based on wins that count, and not stats that don't, then you're the fool.

It's convenient that you choose to discard my comment that Favre was a flop in NY. There is no denying that. Based on wins, Rodgers isn't any better in GB.

If make the assumption that Rodgers is the superior QB while only winning 6 games then I can make the assumption, based on wins that count, and not stats that don't, then you're the fool.

It's convenient that you choose to discard my comment that Favre was a flop in NY. There is no denying that. Based on wins, Rodgers isn't any better in GB.
    There might not have been many changes on the packers from last season to this season except for the qb, however you cant put the lackluster performance of the team entirely on Rodgers. There is no excuse for the defense, offensive line, and special teams to play as horribly as they did this season....They should of won a lot more games, if the defense and the special teams wernt finding new and exciting ways to give up the game....Hell they would of lost this past sunday, if it wernt for the clutch throw to donald driver in the last 5 min of the game.....The defense didnt do anything to stop the Lions from scoring the preceeding drive. That is how it was all season.....There is no reason to keep putting the pressure on the qb and the receivers constantly because of the inability of the defense and the special teams, who couldnt hold a lead to save their asses. The other problem is the coaching staff, they made a bunch of dumb ass play calls through out the season......You can go on saying that the Qb has to be a leader, however if the generals (the coaches) use the wrong plan of attack to turn the tide of victory, you will be getting beaten a lot. Sure Farve WAS a great QB, however, he is past his prime, cant get it done inthe final stretch when it gets colder, and dosnt thow as hard as he once did....On top of that, he was one of the luckiest qb's in history, and his luck ran out....This season he didnt come back for the love of the game, it was to put him ahead of marino, probably the greatist qb to play the game (and never won a superbowl).
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.