Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UFC92 comment thread

Just thought I'd start the nights UFC thread. Make predictions before the fights or comment on the fights.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

I'll make my predictions on the 3 main fights tonight.

Mir over Nog
    Silva over Jackson
    Griffin over Evans

Jackson knocks out Silva in 1st round with a left hook.

I read that the Kongo fight was nasty and the worst damage you will ever see in mma. anyone catch this fight?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Mir over Nog

Yoo, Kongo bloodied him with elbows at the end but was far from the most vicious mma fight I've seen.

Evans over Griffin

Damn, I was only 1 of 3 in my predictions.

I love that Mir smashed Nog!! I cant believe that Forest tapped out though....Rashad must have some retarded strength!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Good PPV. No fights ended in a decision. All but one fight went the way I thought they would (I though Silva was going to win).

Rashad could possibly be one of the most underrated fighters out there today. That guy can take a punch!!

Tne Kongo fight wasn't anyting special....just some GnP with the usual blood. Mike Goldberg is just a drama queen.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Does anybody have problems with PPV events in HD and Time Warner? Whenever I get the PPV's in HD the picture gets all pixelated and actually pauses for a few seconds every so often.

Griffin said after the fight he wasn't tapping out... that is was the ass whoopin making his arms flail because he was already ktfo.

from what i read griffin was leading all rounds, did it appear that way too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Does anybody have problems with PPV events in HD and Time Warner? Whenever I get the PPV's in HD the picture gets all pixelated and actually pauses for a few seconds every so often.
    Yes! I was going to post the same question. I may call TW and ask for a partial refund, but I'm sure they will tell me to get fukked. I hate watching stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    from what i read griffin was leading all rounds, did it appear that way too?
    Maybe slightly. The rounds were pretty close.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    great all around payperview. right after they were done the wifes water broke. still waiting for her to shit the kid out.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Griffin had rounds 1 and 2 easily even though Evans just laughed off his attacks (literally). I figured he would win, but it seems like he just waited for the third round to unleash his fury. I like Evans a lot more after this fight, he's well spoken unlike certain otherblack champions (rampage) and isn't a tool.

A lot of props to Griffin for his sportsmanship, I laughed when he said "You're lucky, rounds 4 and 5 are my best!" .

Silva vs Jackson really surprised me as well as Mir vs Nog. Those two have really turned around it seems, Mir all but OWNED Nog.
    -Tyler

Jackstand Racing Team twirkin50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Good PPV. No fights ended in a decision. All but one fight went the way I thought they would (I though Silva was going to win).

Rashad could possibly be one of the most underrated fighters out there today. That guy can take a punch!!

Tne Kongo fight wasn't anyting special....just some GnP with the usual blood. Mike Goldberg is just a drama queen.

My thoughts exatly!

I did pick Rampage to win though, Silva was just WAY to confident that he was going to win again. I think the fact that Rampage and Congo trained together really made him a better stand up fighter.

How PATHETIC was the Mat Hamil fight?????? Most Boring fight of the night!

Quote Originally Posted by twirkin50 View Post
    My thoughts exatly!

I did pick Rampage to win though, Silva was just WAY to confident that he was going to win again. I think the fact that Rampage and Congo trained together really made him a better stand up fighter.

How PATHETIC was the Mat Hamil fight?????? Most Boring fight of the night!
    Whoever that guy was in the red did NOT belong in the UFC. What garbage.
    -Tyler

What a great event. One of the best events in a long time value wise.

I agree, Rashid is waaay underrated. Lets see if he can defend though?