Thread: 97 Blazer

97 Blazer

I bought a 97 blazer with a 4.3 just wondering if there are any basic hop ups or a tune for more power? Not for racing or anything but if i had to but my car on a trailer ide like some extra power for towing. I know its not a huge truck but im sure if it had to it could pull a trailer. Thanks

93 z28- sold
    91gt Stang -Chevy powered just for all you fORD Buzzards
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

Throw on a blower and some altezza's and you'll be all set.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

his blower and altezza's where prolly worth more than most of your cars.....

got a whole top end sitting in the garage you can have if you want it, heads, intake...i think it has a throttle body too........would be good for porting and polishing in you spare time than swapping over. its basically like a 3/4 SBC so the same mods are effective. The downfall is the splitpin crank that will limit power to the sub 350 level for the crank to be safe.
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

vortec 350 swap. the L35 4.3 is about as anemic as they come n/a and aint worth sticking a red cent into other than the basics to keep it going IMHO.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

LOL at beagle and jer. Thanks pat ide consider it but im not sure i want to go as far as heads on it lol i dont need to fvck somthing up. As for the the 350 swap if im putting a motor in it , it would be my 400 sbc than ide beat the piss out of it

93 z28- sold
    91gt Stang -Chevy powered just for all you fORD Buzzards
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

i've had 3 of those trucks, depending on mileage, clean out the EGR really well, it makes a difference. i bought one intake, it was pretty expensive, i made one for the other two trucks and it worked about the same. when i swapped the intake and back half of the exhaust, i gained approximatly 2mpg. good luck otherwise, like Tom said, without headwork they don't wake up much. depending on the size of the trailer and load, it should tow fine.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Cold air and exhaust, dont mess with the other stuff. If it has the side plugwire distributor cam those things are pretty snappy already. I had a 97 4.3 sidewire S10 back in high school and it would stomp vortec 350 half tons.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    I have a set of roller rockers for it!

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali