Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Come see it...... Its literally a paperweight right now. Ive got the entire thing torn apart. Engine out, trans out, rear end out, rear cradle out, interior ripped out...

Its a mess, but its getting fixed.

I dont know everything, but im not affraid to ask for help when I need it... Hell it took me 3 days and alot of talking with people to figure out the fuel system on the damn thing, but that is what wasnt done in the first place.
    I might have to take you up on that offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    its an LS6 block, it was bored over to 3.905" which is the limit and now its wore about .002" more on the thrust sides. nothing more can be done with the block unless resleeved. Plus the lifter bores are probably fubared due to the lifters starting to fatigue as seen in the start of this thread.

The owner of the car is looking for a lq9 or lq4 6.0l iron block of 03' and older vintage. the blocks were the same between the two. 04'+ all use equal length head bolts which is fine, but it more of a cost savings to not have to buy new head studs. the 03' and older use the long head bolts that go into the main cap webbing.
    Got your text Tom. Thanks! Answer your damn phone once and a while!!!!

Tom we have been able to find the LQ9 blocks but I guess i need a specific part number for the 2003 and older ones, you dont happen to have that do you? The number josh has 12572808 comes back as a LQ9 but doesnt say what year????

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance...72808/10002/-1
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 01-20-2009 at 05:43 AM.

BCM Cruiser
    http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141948

For your consideration. This guy is very trusted when it comes to performance transmissions. He's got brand new 6.0 GM blocks for $500 + shipping.

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

Where are all the nutswingers who told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I called this clown shoe out for his hack job shenanigans?

That's what I thought.

Love that term clown shoe, I remember people telling you to staop calling him that back then. He went away as fast as he came to BCM, gone without a trace even his posts gone.

Like a bad dream I guess ? Sux for those he duped.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brett View Post
    That's what I thought.
    It took me a little to long to figure him out, ive already admitted this. He was very carefull around me and put on a good act for a long time, but slowly started to slip up. We dont need to revisit this. Also, the main reason you were jumped so hard regarding your comments is because West Bend dyno was and still is a supporting sponsor of BCM. THere not exactly going to let you trash talk a sponsor.

OH and ive got the parts list in my hand of everything we need to put the car back together. It exceeds $4,000.00...

Apparently Forest has "agreed" to pay for bearings, oil pump, and head gaskets.. Its not much considering the mess this car is but atleast he is doing somthing for Josh without kicking and screaming to much. In reality he should be paying for everything but the fact is that it did happen under WBD's roof and he is no longer an owner making brad responsible. Brad and josh are friends so he refuses to try and hold him accountable for somthing Forest did.

The good thing is that people didnt trust him before WBD opened, now they trust him even less. With the Brew city car community being what it is and how quickly word of mouth travels its going to make it difficult for him to mess up anyone elses car.

What goes around comes around, some day he will pay for this in one way or another. Karma is a bitch.

And although its not much, atleast he is buying some of the parts... He could have just say fuck you completely.

Situation is odd.
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 01-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.

I knew he was a lying piece of shit within seconds of meeting him. Maybe I'm just better at reading people. Whatever, at least he's finally finshed.

Breecher_7
    Forest came through tonight with main and rod bearings as well as a oil pump. He says he is ordering the head gaskets monday. So far so good.

Breecher_7
    Well, Forest ended up paying for bearings, an oil pump, and a $300.00 cashiers check that said "release of all liablity" on it. Like that means anything.... So approximatly $550.00 worth of parts out of the nearly $4,000.00 worth of parts that Josh has ordered to put the car back together. Apparently Josh just wants it back together and is going to suck up the difference rather then dragging him into court. All parts are currently on order to put it back together so with god willing josh will be able to drive this thing this summer for the first time in two years. Engine parts should be going to NVR next week for balancing and to set up the bearing clearances, then its just a matter of reassembly and tuning.

Here are some pics of the unfucked corvette in its current state. And to be clear, Nothing on this car was assembled correctly. The engine had bearings put in backwards, the clutch was not set up correctly (no shims), and the fuel system was completely wrong. I will eventually make a post showing everything in detail as the teardown of the car was photographed quite extensively.

This is a fuel distrobution block that I had to make as the former "builder" just took the factory one, hogged it out, and stuck the factory regulator head back in it... WTF? I need to get a picture of that up, i forgot to take one.

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    the clutch was not set up correctly (no shims),
    Shimming the slave is usually an F-body thing, since their tranny-mounted slaves do seem to sit a little further back compared to in the Vette torque tubes.

Not saying it's dimensionally impossible, it's an easy measurement to check for...but it's very rare to hear of a C5 needing slave shimming.

What clutch was in it?

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow2k1vette View Post
    Shimming the slave is usually an F-body thing, since their tranny-mounted slaves do seem to sit a little further back compared to in the Vette torque tubes.

Not saying it's dimensionally impossible, it's an easy measurement to check for...but it's very rare to hear of a C5 needing slave shimming.

What clutch was in it?

It was a spec 3+. I will measure when the new one arrives. But I called spec and they said it should have been shimmed. There is a Tick adjustable master on order for it now as well. The clutch would never fully disengage. Causing it to shift for shit and hardly ever go into reverse. Wont be happening again.

Breecher_7
    Latest discovery.....

The 2002 has the IAT located in the MAF. Per Kenne Bell it is relocated to the lower intake manifold so the factory harness needs to be spliced into to connect the IAT in its new location.

Since nothing else has been correctly installed to this point, i figured why not open up the loom and see what wires it was tapped into. Sure enough, the IAT was spliced into the WRONG wires. So if you havent grasped this yet, it basically means that the IAT was never functional since the blower was installed.... It was tapped into ONE wire for the IAT and one wire for the MAF...

So I got on the phone with Kenne Bell, there sending me a installation manual so that I can backtrack anything else that was done and I havent caught yet and KB wants photos of all the messed up stuff that we have encountered so far. Such as the birdsnest of wires that hooked up the boost a pump and the 8 guage wire that was running off it, the sockets that were being used as pulley spacers, and the way the factory harness was hacked into for the IAT wiring.

They are willing to send all the parts that were "lost" or are missing free of charge to get it up and running.

So, thats the update... If anyone cares.

Oh and the the running tally for parts is approaching $5000 and will most likely exceed $6000 by the time everything is final.

OH, and there is this.....

This jerry rigged, half assed fuel pump setup.... Apparently this was the best way to do this????? The fuel tank also had to be replaced as the sealing surface was hogged out to make one of the bulkhead fittings clear.

Its now been replaced with a very nice billet aluminum fuel hat that has built in pump hangers and -6 AN fittings. It also integrates the factory passenger side siphon pump for proper opperation. This was sourced from www.racingsolutions.com
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 02-19-2009 at 07:06 PM.

BCM Cruiser
    Purple and tan wires on the MAF wiring harness are for IAT.

If the purple was substituted for the black/wht stripe wire (ground), IAT probably still would have worked correctly. Since you didn't say what was to connected to what, I'm just guessing.

But the stock wire colors are as follows:

Purple: IAT - (low reference)
    Tan: IAT +
    Black/white stripe: ground
    Pink: Ign voltage
    Yellow: MAF signal
    Last edited by Yellow2k1vette; 02-19-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow2k1vette View Post
    Purple and tan wires on the MAF wiring harness are for IAT.

If the purple was substituted for the black/wht stripe wire (ground), IAT probably still would have worked correctly. Since you didn't say what was to connected to what, I'm just guessing.

But the stock wire colors are as follows:

Purple: IAT - (low reference)
    Tan: IAT +
    Black/white stripe: ground
    Pink: Ign voltage
    Yellow: MAF signal
    Just as I thought, Thank You.
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 02-19-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Whose car is that?

I am sure it will be fine when you finish it, but it sounds like this car was beaten... How many miles on it?

Breecher_7
    Car was not beaten at all. It only has 14K on it. Hasnt run in two years because of a certain someone that got in way over his head and truly didnt know what he was doing.

two years? I take it that includes the intitial build, then the shot time it drove, and now the extensive repair work
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Breecher_7
    Yes, It drove for a total of 300 miles in the past 2 years. That included one trip to the track where it cracked off a 11.50 with the car running like total shit and the main bearings in backwards....

Im actually in the process of unscrewing the last of the wiring right now.

The engine should be back from NVR by next week.

Engine parts are ready to go... The engine had to go BACK to the machine shop again to have the 3/16" keyway cut in the snout for the pulley. They didnt know it had to be done. Still trying to figure out what was done to the crank by the original guy who said he could put the keyway in it, you can guess who that guy was associated with.

The block and crank should be back today so assembly can start. I laid out all the parts for it and is ready to go.

The crank actually turned out to be ok to re-use as well as the rods, but thats ALL that was really left salvageable from the prior high-dollar 300 mile "big power" mill.

2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.