Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    well at least you are working on it tom, and you know what you are doing....very thorough in labeling the parts
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Breecher_7
    Tom!! Quit spoiling the end result with photos.....

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    That is pretty

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    such a tease with the pics.. makes me wish i had all my shit...i hate waiting.

Breecher_7
    Another day we wait, NVR couldnt put a keyway in the crank.... You would think they would have the right endmills on hand to do that...

Tomarrow it is!
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 03-05-2009 at 05:14 PM.

LOL this is awsome watching this go together the right way. I wish i could afford to build my motor this way. those parts look so sexy
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    LOL this is awsome watching this go together the right way. I wish i could afford to build my motor this way. those parts look so sexy
    To be honest the grand total for all the parts isnt that bad either.... Granted they shouldnt have had to be purchased AGAIN in the first place but it has given me a chance to fix all the random hacked up shit I found on this car. Plus it gave josh the option to upgrade certain things and do things the 100% correct way. Giving him a solid piece of mind. Seriously, with the way some of the shit on this car was wired or hooked up, im suprised it ever started.

There will be a very detailed thread posted with photos from every part of the tear down and rebuild of the whole car once its done for those that care.

And just because he has been a giant help, i want to once again thank Tom for putting this engine together. I am definitly not comfortable with these LS series engines yet.

All the loose ends are buttoned up on the car though, hopefully I will have the engine back in the car by sunday night and the reassembly can start.
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 03-05-2009 at 08:16 PM.

I wish I knew more about engines to be able to do my own

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    I wish I knew more about engines to be able to do my own
    Seriously, read some books.... You can get the fundamentals of it from reading good books/rebuild manuals. The rest of it is hands on. Find yourself a junk engine and have at it! Best way to learn!

Thanks. Any particular books you would recommend. I do have an LT1 block sitting in my garage that I have yet to do anything with

Breecher_7
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Never read that one, but I own the one for gen 1 small blocks and it was a damn good book. Purchased it when I was 15. Company that writes these has been around for some time.

Thanks

Breecher_7
    New engine is together and sitting in the car.....

Almost there!

Breecher_7
    It is alive, it is very VERY alive......

That is all!

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    sweet. Tom builds good engines.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Breecher_7
    Tom and NVR did an amazing job on the longblock. I have documented this entire build from tear down to rebuild so Ill throw it up for those interested in the near future. No part of this car was left untouched, everything was removed an gone through from the driveline, interior, electrical, everything.

Insurance was put on it last night and it was and is back on the road!

I dont know if he will admit it but I think Tom has a thing for the twin screw blowers now!!!

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    pics...we need more pics..

Yeah it was nice to work on something that just needed me for tuning purposes when it came to first getting it going. Tony and Josh did a great job on getting the car put back together right so that there was not one issue that stood in the way of me getting it back up on its feet. After some farting around and adversity with the eletronic throttle control's infamous P1514 code (reduced engine power) which unfortunantly i dont get to deal with much so it took some research and trial and error to get working correctly in pure speed density. I have a pretty rough tune up in it now to get the car to the point where it runs and drives good enough to get the 500 break-in miles for the clutch on it and i will finish polishing the driveabilty then it goes to the dyno for the easy part, WOT tuning.

I did get to drive it on its maiden voyage so i had a better handle of how it was acting and by the 3rd attempt it really started to take shape. All i can say is the thing is pretty mental and i already had it off the rev limiter at 6600 already in 2nd gear kinda on accident because it just nukes the tires so easy now. All on the biggest pulley (lowest boost) and now with 20 more CI of displacment.

Yeah i do think some pics are needed! haha
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

congrats looking forward to pics/vids
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    After some farting around and adversity with the eletronic throttle control's infamous P1514 code (reduced engine power)

lol, I remember that or quite similar in my GTO. "Hit the gas already." "Dude, I am" "Oh.... Lets take it back to the house" "I'm trying, LOL"
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.