Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    ^ i dont hate Rodgers,I just think a great QB like Favre shouldnt be run outta town like a gangster because Ted Thompson wants to leave his mark on the org. And the worst part is all you Packer fans let him do it not only that your standing behind his decision and the team still WTF. 13-3 last year to 5-10 going on 5-11 haha and the real change was a QB helllllllooooo wake up people. Thanks Tom I also concur with your thoughts on this.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I do not support Favre leaving(whatever happened), but I will always be a Packer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    Favre = calm collective and a leader under pressure.
    A-Rod= running around like a kid being chased by a bully hoping things turn out ok
    You dont think that comes with experience? Is your Holy Crybabybitch the same QB he is now as he was in his 1st year?

So you think they shouldve just let Favre play his mindgames with the retirement shit and make up his mind whenever he felt like it??

Coop, what if next spring you tell your boss in a tearfull speech at Andrew that you are done, gonna pursue other interests. They will replace you, but then in August you go back in there and say you change your mind, you want the other guy fired and you back in the spot like nothing ever happened.

Better yet, suppose your boss gives a tearfull speech saying he's retiring in March, and you get bumped up into his management spot. Then in August he comes back and says he changed his mind, you have to go back to your old job and old salary, and he gets his spot back?

or...... maybe thompson has been trying to rid himself of Favre and making his life behind the scenes miserable for years and finaly told him to retire or not get any seat time any more,Favre is the only one i believe left from the old superbowl era. Thompson wants people there that are his so to speak people. for that Thompson era or mark if you will on the orginization. Favre finally has enough says Im done,then has time to sit on it and think hey im not done and wants back in because he was being forced out not wanting to leave on his own. Oh and try to find a Donald Driver jersey anywhere except at the stadium,its not cuz they are sold out. remember i said this. I dont think driver will be back next year with the pack,maybe not at all.

Leadership

I think A R really just lacks in leadership in general ? His personality might just be one that does not generate any extra drive in the guys he is trying to lead ?

People I know always said sheet about Favre when he would yell at one of his guys when they messed up , I think that's a good thing to set a standard to make every play count....

Stats do count but , the personality of the " field general " on the field can make the players really stand up and perform when they need to....It would be like two bosses where you work , one boss might be a hard azz and really wants to do the best he can and in turn you prolly will do your best , the other boss might be one who really is lost and not sure what the hell is going on and in turn the workers will not be as driven to perform ? It's human nature for us to respond to our surroundings....Look how many second string / released from other teams Packer players became GREAT PLAYERS ! Dorsey & Green come to mind first....I think those guys KNEW the leadership and team back in those times NEEDED them to step up and they did...Today it seems nobody on the pack has the FIRE out there..... A R could not get his guys to follow him out of a burning building !

I also think you might see some Packers leaving , Driver will prolly be one....

Coop, that is all "what-ifs" and basically hearsay. All I know is what I saw, and I saw a tear filled retirement speech, a replacement for the retiring guy, and the retiree changing his mind, wanting to come back.

I'm sure we will never know the absolute truth about anything behind closed doors that took place between GB and Favre. All I know is I have ZERO respect for the guy as a man of his word.

You are comparing Favre's leadership skills to Rodgers, but its not apples to apples. How were Favre's leadership skills during his first season? Were they comparable to today, or were they comparable to Rodgers?

Yeah and all you know about the war in Iraq is what you see from the criminal liberal media on tv,do you believe thats all there is too the war,we shouldnt be there and guys are dieing all the time bush sucks and we arent helping there at all?
    wake up there is more too the story than what you saw on tv. do you think he was crying because he knew it was over and not his choice? speculation now, yes. when the book comes out by Favre which you know it will and I am correct dont hate congratulate. If i am wrong I will say I am.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavr...s?id=FAV540222
    those stats for Favres first year with the packers look like he lead the team quite well considering what he had to work with.
    Now lets say A-Rod had the same caliber players favre did in 1991 not a team built around him like A-rod has can anyone deny the fact that a-rod would be a failure even more so than he is now?
    look what favre completed in 95-96 once the team was finally completely built around him and the defense was rocking. A-rod is junk,soon he will get hurt anyways.

Dont get me wrong, Farve is one of the greatist QB's of all time, and yes, he did get forced out of Green Bay......is that ARs' fault. No. Farve decided to audible the whole retirement thing, if he realy wanted to play for greenbay or if he wanted to stick it to the packers is questionable. While that was all going on, here we have a first year starting qb trying to establish him self in the training camp, in the preseason, not really sure if he has a starting job or not, not sure how he should handle the situation, partially distracted by it (even though he was handeling him self really well durring all of that), his team unsure of who is going to be their leader. I am sure the team was split about it too. Now, we have a fan base that is split, some saying that AR is a great Qb and in time will be able to establish him self as the leader he can be, and the other half saying that he sucks.....Numbers dont lie, true. I do believe that AR has beter numbers than farve did his first year, and farve had a better offensive line, and probably a slightly better defence than now.......I say give Rodgers the benifit of the doubt, lets see how he leads the team next season, when all of the distractions are gone, he dosnt have that rookie inexperience(lets face it, he took like three snaps the entire time that farve ws a part of the organization, he sure as hell not a vetran player). The team is not called the green bay farves or the green bay rodgers. they are the packers, and thus, we need to place the blame on the whole team.....Rodgers mistakes are because he is still wet behind the ears. Most of the troubles are partially because of the defense not being to stop even a highschool team in the fourth quarter of play, the offensive line not protecting the qb or blocking as well as they can, a special teams who thinks the word "special" means special ed, and some horrible playcalling
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I have a very hard time believing that a QB of Favre's caliber can be forced to do ANYTHING.

I guess we will see. WTF does this have to do with Iraq? Youre reaching now.....

it was an analogy only,it has nothing to do with iraq. i was getting remedial so you would hopefully understand,that didn't work so back to the drawing board.
    easier
    A-rod = teh sux

I still dont get it. Perhaps regular English would work, I dont speak your hip internet lingo?

^ understood lost cause,kinda like the Packers.

I've seen Donald Driver jerseys everywhere...what are you talking about? The one jersey I do have finding is Aaron Rodgers because nearly everywhere sold out before christmas. I was looking for one for my mom and all they had was Woodson, Driver and Hawk Jerseys...and a couple of comedy Matt Flynn
    -Tyler

I have a Mike Cooper jersey.

Its the best evar!!!! ^

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    I've seen Donald Driver jerseys everywhere...what are you talking about? The one jersey I do have finding is Aaron Rodgers because nearly everywhere sold out before christmas. I was looking for one for my mom and all they had was Woodson, Driver and Hawk Jerseys...and a couple of comedy Matt Flynn
    Ididnt see one driver jersey anywhere in the mall yesterday. I have a few friends looking for them to that havent seen them

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    Ididnt see one driver jersey anywhere in the mall yesterday. I have a few friends looking for them to that havent seen them
    What mall? There were a ton of them at Champs in Brookfield square...but no Rodgers
    -Tyler

rodgers in mayfair no dd,when asked they said they were not anticipating getting anymore for the year. seems odd.

Call his number !

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    I have a Mike Cooper jersey.

I say put Coop in the game ! He can't be any worse than Rodgers is !

so are the jets running him out of town too now? he had a interview talking about retiring again then back peddles by saying his shoulder is injured we will see. i still love people comparing a 16 yr veteran to a rookie...priceless.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh