\/ What amazing looks like \/

Any guys training in mma?

WHERE are you training at..

here is the deal i studied tae kwan do and hapkito and recieved a 1st degree black belt in tae kwan do and a red belt in hapkito. then when i turned 14 i fell out of love with both and stopped training all together. im now 20 and out of shape 5'11" 240 lbs. "not horriable." lately ive been training at home in the basement on the bag and lifting weights like crazy trying to get down to 200 lbs. its not like i have drive issues but it sucks working out alone... and lets face it you can practice all you want but if your practicing crap thats exactly what your going to get. so im looking for a place that well help me work on submissions, and my form.. im not afraid to bleed or be brused. possible help with refreshing my hapkito some..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4liH...eature=related

The best Gyms in the Milwaukee area are Duke Roufus, Waukesha MMA, and Neutral Ground. Check them out.
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)
    00 Maxima, SE 5-Speed, ( SOLD)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue, Stage 1 Tune ONLY ( SOLD)
    2012 Subaru Impreza STI - WR Blue

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by FoRmuLa_DiVa View Post
    The best Gyms in the Milwaukee area are Duke Roufus, Waukesha MMA, and Neutral Ground. Check them out.
    ill have to look into it

Never cared for Mixed Martial Arts. I always chose one and stuck with it. "Practices many master of none"

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Not really MMA... but I took a lot of Taekwondo and Judo when I was younger. A family with 2 young kids and a busy job doesn't really leave me time to do it again.

Duke Roufus FTW.
    I work with a guy who's a Muay Thai black belt through Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by subliminal1284 View Post
    "Practices many master of none"
    =

a well rounded fighter.
    94 Formula A4, ALL the Basic Bolt-ons. Best Time before Drag Radials and a Tune = 13.3 @ 104mph ( SOLD)

A guy I went to school with is going pro or went pro in WEC....

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeagZ View Post
    A guy I went to school with is going pro or went pro in WEC....
    Who?

His name is Brent. I think he was going to go pro or was cant remember but he got into an accident on his bike and screwed his knee up so he's about to start training again he was doing rehab for 5 months.

I am going to Boston in March with a friend who knows a guy named Damion who i have also spoken to (who is coming up in the ranks)who trains with this guy in video. Im going out on the town with them. If you have any random questions how to get into it the sport let me know. I never physically met them yet (he calls my bud every weekend) but could ask them when im out with them.
    My bud showed me the Vid and Ive seen Damion in pics with this guy so I know its legit.

KIMBO GETTING FUGGED UP BARE KNUCKLE
    STRAIGHT 10 MIN. FIGHT
    Dudes face looked bad but Damion said his trainers face healed pretty fast LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKb1jeg-fgI

I dont get into it much but willing to help get some answers for ya : )
    Last edited by Sprayaway Fox; 12-20-2008 at 03:15 AM.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Oh and sorry for thinkin Kimbo was alrite.

Damion said that his "body gaurds" and him have a attitude and came in there gym with some dough and talked sheet thats why it fight happened.
    Hence the breifcase in the overcoat guys hand.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

The guy that beat Kimbo in the video (Sean Gannon) is a tool and got his ass handed to him in his one fight with the UFC. Then bye bye he went.
    -Tyler

muay thai is where it is at imo! I really dont see taekwondo working in any real world situation which is why I stopped. I would rather be well rounded or at least have strong stand up skills but muay thai really covers alot of strong bases. Ditto on Duke Roufus though his initial clsses which were free WILL beat your as$!!!
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    The guy that beat Kimbo in the video (Sean Gannon) is a tool and got his ass handed to him in his one fight with the UFC. Then bye bye he went.
    Post up your straight 10 min. bare knuckle fight with Kimbo. When YOU finally make it to the UFC you can show me on TV how tuff you are.

Anywayz if he seriously is thinking bout doing something like this, I can ask them, Im sure they would let me know how things work.
    Last edited by Sprayaway Fox; 12-20-2008 at 04:21 PM.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    I think Eric "red" Schaefer who fights in the UFC trains with the Duke Roufus Gym

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    I think Eric "red" Schaefer who fights in the UFC trains with the Duke Roufus Gym
    He is their Jiu Jitsu coach basically. Roufus has a few guys in the UFC.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Wasn't sure who else was in the UFC from there