Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye C.C.

Bye Bye C.C.

MLB seriously needs a salary cap. No human is worth 160M period. I can't wait until that team fails again.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Sucks, but can't blame a guy for taking $30 more million. I think had the difference been a couple mil, the Brewers had a chance. But you'd have to be stupid to turn down that kinda coin. Especially in baseball where the contracts are guarenteed.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    160m for how many years?

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    An opt-out clause proved key in CC Sabathia agreeing to a seven-year, $161 million deal to pitch for the Yankees, over 7 years.

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    Rediculous Joe is right no human is worth anyware near that.

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Apparently he is worth that much since that's what's he's getting paid. Good for him I say.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Too bad the Yankee fans are so disloyal. The first time he gives up a run. he'll be booed off the mound!

Hell, they booed A-ROD when he was hitting like .300 with 40 HR's... beats any player we have....

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    MLB seriously needs a salary cap.
    NUff said. That is the exact reason i have given up on baseball. You put a salary cap in place, and the yankees dwindle away, as well as the mets. Red soxs have good talent so i think they would do just fine. But then that makes one helluva playoff race!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    NUff said. That is the exact reason i have given up on baseball. You put a salary cap in place, and the yankees dwindle away, as well as the mets. Red soxs have good talent so i think they would do just fine. But then that makes one helluva playoff race!

All those ass hat teams disappered on their own salary cap or not this past season. Having unlimited funds does not mean you always win every time.

I however do agree, it is pretty sad that those temas have so much cash to burn but it just makes it that much sweeter when they loose knowing how much money they have wasted. Similar to the Cubs, 300 million pay roll and they always choke no matter what, year after year it holds true.

pimpin ls1's since 2003 badvenom's Avatar
    on the real side of town far away from the south side
    yankees rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    slippin in the darkness

I can blame a guy for taking 30mil more... really, what do you even need 130mil for?

I'd play for the league minimum (~$550k/yr ) just to be able to play :/
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Wow did I predict this one, and right down to the amount per year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    All those ass hat teams disappered on their own salary cap or not this past season. Having unlimited funds does not mean you always win every time.

I however do agree, it is pretty sad that those temas have so much cash to burn but it just makes it that much sweeter when they loose knowing how much money they have wasted. Similar to the Cubs, 300 million pay roll and they always choke no matter what, year after year it holds true.
    i totally agree, however think about how much more intrest there would be in baseball when you have 3/4 of the teams all have quailty talent instead of 5 teams having so called "star" players and the rest have to hope their up in comers have talent. We are so lucky to have a quailty farm system. If we didnt.........no more brewers.

If it did happen though Ratings would go up, filling the seats in towns that normally dont sell out because there would be atleast one "star" player on every team or close to it.

WTF is Selig thinking not making it happen?
    Last edited by Smokey1226; 12-10-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Salary cap doesn't mean every team would be competitive. NBA has a cap, and the Bucks have sucked Ass for a decade. The crap teams will always stay crappy. That's an internal issue more then a money issue IMO.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Look what those big ass payrolls have gotten the Cubs and Yankees lately? Crap.

Too many supersatars on the same team just doesn't seem to work.

The Rays had one of the lowest payrolls in baseball (29th out of 30 teams) and they made a mockery of the Sox and Yanks the entire last season and played in the world series. Before that, most people probably couldn't name 3 players on that team unless you were a Rays fan to begin with.

The Phils and Brewers were both mid-level payrolls and they had good runs too.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    that salary is epic.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Wow did I predict this one, and right down to the amount per year.....
    no kidding who didnt see this one coming

There were many that said I was crazy.....

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Fvck C.C. and his Yankees. I though he was better than that.....guess I was wrong.

The Yankees now have 4 player with contracts over $100 million.

12 Jason Giambi NYY 7 yrs ('02-08) $120,000,000
    3 Derek Jeter NYY 10 years ('01-10) $189,000,000
    1 A. Rodriguez NYY 10 yrs ('08-17) $275,000,000

and now C.C.

MLB top salaries for '08:

1 Alex Rodriguez NYY $28,000,000
    2 Jason Giambi NYY $23,428,571
    3 Derek Jeter NYY $21,600,000
    Last edited by Lash; 12-10-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Look what those big ass payrolls have gotten the Cubs and Yankees lately? Crap.

Too many supersatars on the same team just doesn't seem to work.

The Rays had one of the lowest payrolls in baseball (29th out of 30 teams) and they made a mockery of the Sox and Yanks the entire last season and played in the world series. Before that, most people probably couldn't name 3 players on that team unless you were a Rays fan to begin with.

The Phils and Brewers were both mid-level payrolls and they had good runs too.
    I agree. Having money doesn't mean you make smart decisions....it definately helps but throwing money at players doesn't gaurantee anything. As said, there is a cap in the NBA but it doesn't mean much. And in baseball there is no cap yet small market teams make the playoffs time and time again.

There was no way the Brewers had a chance, if the Yankees want him they will "overpay" or outbid the Brewers by 20-30 million for a guy like CC. Its too bad this is the first year the Yankees have been willing to get a big pitcher, they were conservative in free agency, somewhat, in the last couple years compared to what they used to be. Hopefully they can re-make the pitching staff, Melvin has made great moves since being GM except for the Suppan signing. If they did keep CC it would of handcuffed them for the contracts length. And CC was going to get an opt out clause from whoever he signed with, from what I've read.

* Giambi is gone...he will be signing with the A's or Rays it sounds like...for much less money .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares