Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help *ASAP*

yea i looked at a 3.4 liter today at work that looked like the pic above. I couldn't find pics last night for the life of me glad to hear the heats good now spraying carb clean or somethign like that on vaccuum lines is a good way to find leaks. the cars idle will change when you find a leak
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    You probly have the pipe that goes into the air intake tube and back to the rear valve cover is not in the cover. Check that. You shouldnt have taken the upper intake off to get the t-stat but if you did the gasket is messed up now eithter that or you said you took the throttle body off so gasket is probly f-ed on it. If it needs lower intake gaskets let me know I do them on the side.

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali

Quote Originally Posted by A B4C Z View Post
    You probly have the pipe that goes into the air intake tube and back to the rear valve cover is not in the cover. Check that. You shouldnt have taken the upper intake off to get the t-stat but if you did the gasket is messed up now eithter that or you said you took the throttle body off so gasket is probly f-ed on it. If it needs lower intake gaskets let me know I do them on the side.
    I have checked that air pipe and it is in. It does seem a little lose but it is in. I didn't take the intake off just the throttle body. The gasket looked very good when I took it off and it went right back on and I was careful so I am sure it sin't the throttle body gasket either. The check engine light did come on the other morning but went off now. I haven't had a chance to run and get the code read.

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    Spray carb/choke cleaner when the idle changes you are pin pointed and look there.

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali

The check engine light came on and I pulled the code. It was code po171 bank 1 lean. Can someone shed some light on what that might be. I did spray so carb cleaner around but didn't find anything.

Its sucking air and running lean, your mass air is not accounting for that extra oxygen it sees lean and sets a DTC.