2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a G8 GT. It has a 6.0L L76 w/6 speed auto, 355hp/385tq. Anybody here own one? Hear anything good or bad about them? Motor Trend Review

I don't own one, but am a huge fan. The car is one of the best bang for your buck cars on the market today.

Only reason I wouldn't buy one if I was in the market is that it doesn't come with a manual tranny unless you buy the really awesome GXP which isn't even out yet.

If you are looking for a 4 door, with power and RWD, this is def one of the best cars you can get for the money.

Im waiting for the GXP with the LS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Im waiting for the GXP with the LS3.

^Hey, how do you like your GTO?

That car has been crossing my mind lately.

I would like the GXP as well. Pricing/incentives/market screams for me to buy now though.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    If you take a look @ like top gear or other reviews from OZ and the UK they were madly in love with this car, but then again take it w/ a grain of salt as they loved the Monaro too.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    The only problem I have with it is the interior is not as nice as the GTO's was. I get the feeling that it may become a rattle trap in a couple years. Alot of the plastics don't seem to fit well, and seem thin. They like the Solstice aren't as cheap as when they came out. I think $31K is the low for the GT now.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    ^Hey, how do you like your GTO?

That car has been crossing my mind lately.
    I love my GTO I have has 0 problems with it. Its modded but its still a sleeper. It was one of the first 250 built as was pre ordered by me in June of 2003. Was built Sept 9th shipped and delivered to me In Jan 04. Went right into storage from there.

Car still looks and Smells new. I have just about a spare everything for it in my parents basement as I knew parts would be tough to find later on.

Car was parked for the winter this year with 15K on it. I put less then 1K on it this summer.

I love Christine

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    holy crap, 15k? Wow, I just broke 40 this week on mine. I need to park it soon though, as my heater core is starting to go. Thought I went an entire year with 0 problems, till recently my windows have been fogging up from "mist" that goes away, but it's obviously the HC. Ironically floors are perfectly dry and all of that.
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    I like the way the g8 looks.. I think exterior wise Pont. did a great job

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    I also love the G8, but it was more practical for me to get the Trailblazer SS. More horsepower, bigger interior, bigger cargo area, super comfy interior for 5 adults, and its all wheel drive so a nice set of blizzaks and it should rip through snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

I seen a nice looking G8 down town yesterday...... Black with black wheels.

If I could only convince the wife we need 2 rwd v8's in the driveway.....

'04 PBM GTO, LS1 M6

Post whore
    I really like the look of them...and right now it's a buyers market.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am