Senior Member..now yer posting!

Recommend a taxidermist

I have a nice size buck that I would like to have mounted. Any recommendations for a taxidermist would be appreciated. I am looking for someone that has a number of years experience and doesn't do this as a "hobby" but more as a profession.

I used a guy up in Tigerton a couple years ago. He did a nice job for a reasonable price. I think he's in the $300-375 range now. Two years ago he charged me $275 and took about 9-11 months to finish. Works out of his house full time.

Last edited by SSDude; 11-26-2008 at 08:02 PM.
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Nice buck, but yea I was looking for someone around the Milwaukee area. Thanks though.

Got any pics of your deer?
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Jim Hornick, he's in Delafield. Great work, pricey though, I think I paid $450 a couple years ago. He's got a studio off of 83, see his work, you won't go anywhere else. 262-646-3909

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Does anyone have antlers, bones, teeth, or pelts they might like to sell for a low price? If so, I would be interested. They don't need to be perfect. PM if you'd like.

there is a place called May's in Stevens Point. Ive seen some of his work and it is second to none that I have seen in Wisconsin. There is a guy in Michigan called Parkey that is one of the best in the country. The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
    http://mayestaxidermystudio.homestead.com/
    http://www.parkeystaxidermy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    Got any pics of your deer?
    I do, unfortunatly haven't downloaded them from the camera yet. I'll get to it on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 7398455 View Post
    Does anyone have antlers, bones, teeth, or pelts they might like to sell for a low price? If so, I would be interested. They don't need to be perfect. PM if you'd like.
    pm me i have a doe head still covered in flesh you can have