Some progress has been made

Well i spent some time working on the Turbo Sierra pickup today (Badcutt / Seth)...

After working through a street tune getting driveabilty all squared away aside from a pesky idle issue due to the MAF's location more or less.

Pretty much went though and fixed all the eroneous tune glitches like proper injector scaling so the thing recieves delivered fuel accurately at all times.

The fun to drive factor that was able to be squeezed from the thing is pretty awesome! It spools effortlessly now when you demand it in part throttle where it was a slug before. Starts to roast the hides at 50% throttle and 5 psi now.

We threw it on the dyno and began to plug at away at the wide open tune, it was UBER fat (10.2 AFR) through out the whole powerband, now that i found the smoking gun for the reason it wouldnt pull over 4800 rpm;s, which was another torque managment function that is only seen in extreme torque situations. Took care of that and she zings right to 6K now with more than enough fuel. (Not the fuel systems short comings as someone tried to lead people to think...) So a couple pulls later the AFR came around into the low-mid 11's with about 17 degrees of timing were set and all the while seeing 10-11 PSI max boost. We had some issues with the dyno not producing the numbers correctly due to the tach read was intermittent. But it was just shy of 500 to the wheels and 520 tq on 10 PSI and now spins to 6K.

On the street the thing is pretty bat shit crazy... Very little lag time and when the hair dryer hits full song and send all 4 tires into a chatter from 40 and sets you back to watch the speedo rocket twoard 100 mph, that left me gigling like a little school girl afterwards.

So its safe to say its a pretty bad ass, FUNCTIONAL setup now.

Glad i can help sort the thing out, nothing is cooler than seeing the owner aglo with happiness that they are finally seeing full potential of their money spent.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Dumb question: I know you went to school for working on cars but what made ya get so in depth with tunes?

PS six speed in just need to adjust clutch yet, and final details. Thanx again for your help.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Nice to hear!! I bet it will be an interesting ride in the snow!

Thanks again Tom. Truck is unbelievable, I thought 13.0 was fast before Tom fixing the tune. This truck is now stupid fast, I love it. It is definitely going to be a handful in the snow.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Good job, Tommy!

Glad to hear you breathed new life into the setup and it's alive and strong.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

That's awesome! Its always nice hearing the owner is very impressed and happy with their vehicle...especially after all the BS!
    -Tyler

Breecher_7
    Glad you guys got it sorted out. Wanted to be there for that but I was up hunting. Glad its going good for you now seth!!!