Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am definitely up for a few trips come spring!

I also am looking to get a Raptor or two to replace my Banshees lol. I see they are going for as low as $3000-$3500 for that price I want to upgrade to the newer, 4 stroke, fuel injected rides.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

My take

Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    I am definitely up for a few trips come spring!

I also am looking to get a Raptor or two to replace my Banshees lol. I see they are going for as low as $3000-$3500 for that price I want to upgrade to the newer, 4 stroke, fuel injected rides.

I think you will like the move over to a Raptor 700 R ....Before I rode a Banshee I always wondered if a Banshee would have been better for me?

I have a pretty modded Banshee and enough riding on it to say I do prefer the Raptor 700 R over it by quite a bit .

Banshees do frickin rock no doubt but, the Raptor has such a strong powerband at any RPM that it is really fun to ride.

I was going to sell off the Banshee I have but , It is really cool to have the 3 badd azz Yamaha sport quads to play with so I wil keep it .

I guess it comes down to the Raptor 700 , YFZ 450 and Banshee all do some things better than the other , it just depends on what things mean the most to the rider.....

Jim , you are more than welcome to try ANY of my atv's out when we go !

If you like "face melting" torque the Raptor 700 R with a "big 3" mod will make your day real fun.....

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    If it is the same "bunkhouse" that i posted the link to, you will have a blast. take a lot of beer!!

marinette county has some great trails also. the best that i have found in the state, hands down is Iron County!! tons of trails, some easy, some expert, ALL FUN!! lots of stops, and you can jump right up in the UP!!! check it out, you will not be disappointed!!
    Eric, Im going next year during the summer, you should come along! Oh I ride a KFX 450R with monster racing graphics, things great but could use another gear for ice riding.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTom View Post
    I think you will like the move over to a Raptor 700 R ....Before I rode a Banshee I always wondered if a Banshee would have been better for me?

I have a pretty modded Banshee and enough riding on it to say I do prefer the Raptor 700 R over it by quite a bit .

Banshees do frickin rock no doubt but, the Raptor has such a strong powerband at any RPM that it is really fun to ride.

I was going to sell off the Banshee I have but , It is really cool to have the 3 badd azz Yamaha sport quads to play with so I wil keep it .

I guess it comes down to the Raptor 700 , YFZ 450 and Banshee all do some things better than the other , it just depends on what things mean the most to the rider.....

Jim , you are more than welcome to try ANY of my atv's out when we go !

If you like "face melting" torque the Raptor 700 R with a "big 3" mod will make your day real fun.....
    You sell the Blaster??
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Blaster

Nope , I still have the Blaster.....
    Last edited by DynoTom; 01-15-2009 at 12:10 PM.

There's a nice clean looking low hours 2006 700 Raptor on the Raptor Forums in Michigan with exhaust, intake, Power Commander, a few other mods the guy is asking $4500 I think I might go get it if I can get him down to $4000 or so...
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Does anyone know somebody that tunes/works on 2 strokes? Both of my Banshees could use a little love and I know shit about 2 strokes so was thinking of trying to find someone that knows their shit and would be interested in a side job going over them for me between now and spring.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Does anyone know somebody that tunes/works on 2 strokes? Both of my Banshees could use a little love and I know shit about 2 strokes so was thinking of trying to find someone that knows their shit and would be interested in a side job going over them for me between now and spring.
    what needs to be done?
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Just picked up an 06 Arctic Cat 500 4x4. Already got a moose 60" plow ready for work

I love this thing. So much more ground clearance than the Honda's that I love dearly.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    what needs to be done?
    Well, they both run/ride but neither seems to run like they used to. Mainly just general tune and little stuff I think. One seems like it has at minimum a float issue - it leaks gas out of what looks to me like a carb vent hose if you leave the gas valve on and don't have it running. It also is harder starting than it used to be, seems like it is flooding a bit I generally have to open the throttle at some point to get it started. It also seems like it is a lot less responsive, has a lot less low end that it once did. I also had trouble with it getting semi submerged one too many times when I rode it on some wet trails with some decent depth pools of water - it ran fine all day, at some point I shut it off and it wouldnt restart. About a week later I was looking at it and it started fine (though not as good as it used to) so I was thinking the stator had gotten wet I guess its a common problem. So, I'm guessing it needs the carbs gone through, maybe the stator looked at. The other one I have also doesn't seem to have the low end that it used to, and it starts without the choke it seems like it is jetted too rich maybe to me. Also, the clutch will not release all the way - I have to start it in neutral and then when you first put it into first it will want to creep forward a little. I have adjusted the crap out of it, even pulled the cover off etc. but I think either the clutch pack is just not set up right with enough clearance, or maybe plates are warped a little or something. Both have various leaky tires as well. I guess if they needed it I would be willing to have the motors rebuilt even. Again, both ride ok they are just not "right" and have required some various screwing with them on my part everytime we go. I've been taking my son, friends, family, etc. and letting others that are not mechanically inclined use them when we go so I'm basically looking for someone to get them both running perfect and the quirks worked out so they are turnkey, ready for people to just hop on and GO in spring. That's another reason I am interested in upgrading to Raptors - electric start, fuel injected, regular gas, reverse, etc. they would be much more turn key and go then the older Banshees that I have.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

the first one u mention with the leaky gas sounds like the "seat" in bowl is bad. Im sure the clutch probly needs to be replaced on the other. them things are a PITA to jet, boost bottle does make it a little easier. the last one that i had my hands on went to a 2-1 carb setup which is now the banshee dynotom has. byfar the best mod EVER for a banshee! i would do a compression test on them. depending on the hours on the machines the reason for lack of power maybe just getting loose, and needing a rebuild soon.. pesky but loveable two strokes.... i would love to fix them for you but at the moment i have no room due to people breaking snowmobiles... if you decide to do it on your own, i can get the parts cheaper then anyone, unless they work for yamaha. just let me know.

2 into 1 will help you on bottom end, but the guys making big HP go with two big carbs.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

what all do you need done?
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    i got a 08 can-am renegade 800 bone stock only 7months old im down for whatever whenever have 2 place trailer not built up like most of u but 80mph still pretty good for a 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    what all do you need done?
    dip shit read post#50

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    the first one u mention with the leaky gas sounds like the "seat" in bowl is bad. Im sure the clutch probly needs to be replaced on the other. them things are a PITA to jet, boost bottle does make it a little easier. the last one that i had my hands on went to a 2-1 carb setup which is now the banshee dynotom has. byfar the best mod EVER for a banshee! i would do a compression test on them. depending on the hours on the machines the reason for lack of power maybe just getting loose, and needing a rebuild soon.. pesky but loveable two strokes.... i would love to fix them for you but at the moment i have no room due to people breaking snowmobiles... if you decide to do it on your own, i can get the parts cheaper then anyone, unless they work for yamaha. just let me know.
    If your interested in taking a look at them for me just let me know and "put me in line" or something. Its not something I need done right this second its only January I probably won't be even thinking about riding until March or April so put me in line after the snowmobile madness dies down and let me know and I will bring em out or bring one out at a time.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

I looking to pick this one up now, if I can get the guy down to a more favorable price. I refuse to pay more than $4500 for it and even then it better be PERFECT when I go to look at it. I've seen a ton of them in the $3500-$4500 price range lately, many with mods, and I've seen dealers at $6000 brand new! This is the first one I've seen super local though, right in Oak Creek. I also like the blue/white Yamaha colors. I'm not a fan of some of the other color schemes like Yellow.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/1011189714.html
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

I looking to pick this one up now, if I can get the guy down to a more favorable price. I refuse to pay more than $4500 for it and even then it better be PERFECT when I go to look at it. I've seen a ton of them in the $3500-$4500 price range lately, many with mods, and I've seen dealers at $6000 brand new! This is the first one I've seen super local though, right in Oak Creek. I also like the blue/white Yamaha colors. I'm not a fan of some of the other color schemes like Yellow.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/1011189714.html

Price is ok...... i would try to get him to 4500 or less if possible. i personally dont like the 700 raptors, raptors in general i dont like because of how tall they sat.... but if you can score it fora slightly cheaper price then id say go for it.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

That's exactly what I was thinking - $4500 is as high as I would go pretty much.
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Gld

Sheet ! I was just over at the GLD forums and seen the new rules !

You HAVE to have full leathers when you run GLD on a Bike , ATV or Sled....

It did say you could wear chaps instead of leather pants ( under 120 MPH TRAP ) but, this kinda sux as now I have to spend a ton more on gear to run there !

Leather Jacket , leather pants , gloves , helmet and boots along with the DOT tires I already bought make running my ATV's at GLD VERY expensive....I know they are doing it to keep us safe it just sux that it will be so expensive to run the ATV's there now.....
    Last edited by DynoTom; 02-08-2009 at 06:59 PM.