Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Who's going to rules meeting?

I know Ron and I were shooting down.

Who else?

Don't forget, day light savings tonight I believe, so set the clocks back an hour.

me...
    CKSC

me...

Andy...

if you want to trail down there with us, I think Ron and I were talking about going to breakfast possibly with some others

414-491-4440

i think overall it was a productive meeting.
    now its time to order your parts
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Yeah it sucked we had car trouble and got there an hour and 15 late but oh well what can you do.
    On the other hand being there another hour and 15 would have been way too long.
    I still don't understand the thinking with some of the weights and blowers but that is the way it is I guess. We live in SE WI the home of BBC and n2o.

I'm wondering how this is all going to work out with tech/rules, all these classes, etc. for a one day event. It seems like a ton to fit in to a 1 day deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    Yeah it sucked we had car trouble and got there an hour and 15 late but oh well what can you do.
    I still don't understand the thinking with some of the weights and blowers but that is the way it is I guess. We live in SE WI the home of BBC and n2o.

I'm wondering how this is all going to work out with tech/rules, all these classes, etc. for a one day event. It seems like a ton to fit in to a 1 day deal.
    there are a few techs for each class,it really shouldnt be a big deal at all

i tecked 22 cars in 2hrs ...

you have to remember were prob gona start at 2pm so every one should be there at least 1hr before or sonner ....

plus each class will have its own parking area... that will make it a ton easier...
    CKSC

.... what class are you talking about ? witch one ou gona race?
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    i tecked 22 cars in 2hrs ...

you have to remember were prob gona start at 2pm so every one should be there at least 1hr before or sonner ....

plus each class will have its own parking area... that will make it a ton easier...
    That's gonna be interesting. I know that alot of the guys are gonna want to park next to their friends that they race with. I got no probs either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    That's gonna be interesting. I know that alot of the guys are gonna want to park next to their friends that they race with. I got no probs either way.

if they dont park in ther area .. they mite not be able to race that day.... just because of all the chaising around.... to find someone.... so each group of cars will hae enough parking spots..... if they come to late ther will be asigned parking in the grassy feild
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    .... what class are you talking about ? witch one ou gona race?
    I was thinking about 9.20 but there is no way i'm going to throw 300#s of lead in it, just not happening. I would rather run IMSM 8.60 with no weight.

For NMCA extreme street I have to weigh 3025# but in a 9.20 capped class I have to weigh 3300#, the same as a F2 car? I see you guys follow the NMCA rules alot but I guess not in this aspect.

Dan Bauman was going to try and run with an S trim but there again he would have weigh 3300#s, he would be putting 550#s + to get to weight.

There is alot of YSI combos in the Chicago area due to a big population of NMRA renegade guys from there, alot of used YSIs have been sold in that area also. I think you could be missing quite a few possible racers with the weights the way they are.

Extreme street has what is called a "street blower" which gets a 75#s break, their non-intercooled combos get -150#s.

I know i'm going to get the lobbying for my combo thing thrown @ me but I don't think it would only be me.

Scotty before you take this all to heart I DO think you are doing a good job with what you have done for the True Street classes as a whole.

I was thinking about 9.20 but there is no way i'm going to throw 300#s of lead in it, just not happening. I would rather run IMSM 8.60 with no weight.

For NMCA extreme street I have to weigh 3025# but in a 9.20 capped class I have to weigh 3300#, the same as a F2 car? I see you guys follow the NMCA rules alot but I guess not in this aspect.

Dan Bauman was going to try and run with an S trim but there again he would have weigh 3300#s, he would be putting 550#s + to get to weight.

There is alot of YSI combos in the Chicago area due to a big population of NMRA renegade guys from there, alot of used YSIs have been sold in that area also. I think you could be missing quite a few possible racers with the weights the way they are.

Extreme street has what is called a "street blower" which gets a 75#s break, their non-intercooled combos get -150#s.

I know i'm going to get the lobbying for my combo thing thrown @ me but I don't think it would only be me.

Scotty before you take this all to heart I DO think you are doing a good job with what you have done for the True Street classes as a whole.
    why didnt you speak up about it at the meeting?

I guess for being late... makes up for the lobby thing... I told dave to speak up at the end but he didnt.... we coulda put a weight break on the ballot...
    even you could of stood up and asked for it to... we told everyone will have a chance to give there 2min of there questions ...
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    I felt like I really couldn't say squat seeing as we were late. I wasn't even sure who could and could not vote until we were there for an hour or so.
    It's nobodys fault but our own.

that sucks,i wish you would have spoken up. i think alot of concerns people had,were passed as ok during the meeting/voting.

We were told that if we didn't have a green sticker, we could not say much.

But the weight thing is a big deal. And believe me this will not benefit my car what so ever!

Bottom line is YOU CAN"T GO FASTER THAN 9.20 so it should be each persons decision on witch combo they want to use to get there! Weights are F***in stupid in this kind of racing! If you want to have street apearing cars then keep all of the interior- exterior rules make everyone run stock suspension and lets say a....28" tire or whatever. Make the rules basic and people will come, oh its to late for that..... oh well there is always other places to run like IMSM. Don't get me wrong Scotty you are doing a great thing but at this point we are just spectators.
    Big thanks to the following......

"Uncle" Robin racing
    Jeff @ Stealy Performance machine

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    Most everyone that showed up was looking for a fight or disagreement period. That is why I pulled Scotty aside and brought some things to his attention and he inturn wanted me to present this to the room of bulldogs that haven't eaten in a week and I won't do that its his job as the guy running this. No skin off my back I still have somewhere to race, I was just looking for another option because it was local.
    Big thanks to the following......

"Uncle" Robin racing
    Jeff @ Stealy Performance machine

i thought most of us were receptive to what racers had to say.
    some things didnt fly,most did.
    if there was good reasoning behind someones gripe,it was addressed.