Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TFS 2V head!

Quote Originally Posted by RUBICON View Post
    Stock 01/02 LS1 302hp/328tq

Seriously tho 32Valve or go home.

I am not a chevy guy so I don't know those engines to well, but don't they have a 65 cubic inch advantage over a 4.6?

P.S. nice coil packs.

they still make parts for the 2 valve. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayaway Fox View Post
    ^^^^^ should be a close race with us, looks like it comes down to the leave. Sounds like a good setup ya got planned. I got a wet kit for my ride but Ill leave my 75 dry same as last year on for the run next year. SPRING 09 GET SUM! lol

who are you kidding?
    Last edited by 07ROUSHSTG3; 10-31-2008 at 01:03 PM.

[QUOTE=07ROUSHSTG3;459009]

who are you kidding?[/QUOTE

I know I cant keep up with a Tylers Cobra thats for sure....Remember Eric? Damn that was a good time.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post

who are you kidding?
    what are you saying, that you cant hit good numbers with a 2v?
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    what are you saying, that you cant hit good numbers with a 2v?
    no, i was saying that your car wouldn't stand a chance against mikes white stang. saying that his white car is a "bolt on 5.0" is a little stretch give it a whirl if you want, but you better be packing a power adder under your hood. not trying to be a ****, but that car is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I know of people picking up 98 camaros that need a waterpump or have some other gremlin for 800-1500... There are deals to be had!
    thats an absolute steal, next time you see that let me know. but i know that its rare to find thoes kind of deals. its all luck
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Irish
    There was a guy on LS1tech that recently picked one up for 700. The chick that had it didn't know what she had, the car sat broke down for months. She listed the car for $500. Dude was on his way there to pick it up and she called him and said that she had someone on the other line that was going to be wiring her 600 into her account. Dude said that he'd give her 700 when he got there, as he was only 5 minutes away.
    He got there, picked up the car, filled it with water and drove away. Come to find out it was a water pump... The guy fixed the car and took it to the dragstrip later that week and ran 13.1's.

With a total investment of under a grand so far, the possibilties of that project are endless...

Totally jealous after I read that story.

There was a guy on LS1tech that recently picked one up for 700. The chick that had it didn't know what she had, the car sat broke down for months. She listed the car for $500. Dude was on his way there to pick it up and she called him and said that she had someone on the other line that was going to be wiring her 600 into her account. Dude said that he'd give her 700 when he got there, as he was only 5 minutes away.
    He got there, picked up the car, filled it with water and drove away. Come to find out it was a water pump... The guy fixed the car and took it to the dragstrip later that week and ran 13.1's.

With a total investment of under a grand so far, the possibilties of that project are endless...

Totally jealous after I read that story.
    Holy shit, I wish I was that guy.

But the chances of that happening are slim to none...and the chances of you being the first person there with the cash are also very slim.

To be more on the realistic side, you're probably looking at 6k for a decent LS1 at a good price.
    -Tyler

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    Holy shit, I wish I was that guy.

But the chances of that happening are slim to none...and the chances of you being the first person there with the cash are also very slim.

To be more on the realistic side, you're probably looking at 6k for a decent LS1 at a good price.
    And even then, that is not a bad price.

<--- Would take an LS1 over a 2V mod motor any day of the week.

Thumbs up

And even then, that is not a bad price.

<--- Would take an LS1 over a 2V mod motor any day of the week.
    But would you take the whole package of the Maro over the new edge Mustang? Lots of consumers responded no, hence the Maro went the way of the dodo, the Mustang still lives. And the 350 should be perfected by now, they have only been working with it for what, 30 some years

That being said, LS1's, and even LT1's are pretty easy and cheap to mod and make fast, while us Stang guys only have one real path, forced induction of some sort.

Irish
    I didn't say I wouldn't take 3V or a 4V though....

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    no, i was saying that your car wouldn't stand a chance against mikes white stang. saying that his white car is a "bolt on 5.0" is a little stretch give it a whirl if you want, but you better be packing a power adder under your hood. not trying to be a ****, but that car is fast.
    I dont wanna give up your power numbers Eric, but my ride doesnt make more than 400 on my lil 75 dry. Would I say Im trying to be a Hardass on the internet?...No, Even though you never met me skeletor, I respect ya cause it seems ya did your research on the stuff...If it was some Jagoff shooting his mouth off about some shit that didnt research the stuff. I wouldnt of accepted your friendly challenge.
    PS. Thanx for the compliments Eric. If it was me and you from a actual dig run once, it would have to be heads up! Even though not a mod motor fan your sheet gets down also.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    But would you take the whole package of the Maro over the new edge Mustang? Lots of consumers responded no, hence the Maro went the way of the dodo, the Mustang still lives. And the 350 should be perfected by now, they have only been working with it for what, 30 some years

That being said, LS1's, and even LT1's are pretty easy and cheap to mod and make fast, while us Stang guys only have one real path, forced induction of some sort.
    Stanman if your car makes 380 at the fly I will be impressed but then you take at the rear wheels HP and you still are barely/maybe take a LS car with bolt ons. So lemme get this straight, you would take less cubes, spend 4 g's on a blower to get it to make 400 HP?. Or buy a LS and swap a cam and pocket port the heads to get 500 HP?. If your a ford guy thats great but lets be realistic here. Every LB of boost is worth 7% of power, So what are you making at the fly, or RWHP with the 15% drivetrain loss? I wouldnt say LS cars are the best but they are damn good with minimal work.
    Last edited by Sprayaway Fox; 11-02-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Stanman if your car makes 380 at the fly I will be impressed but then you take at the rear wheels HP and you still are barely/maybe take a LS car with bolt ons. So lemme get this straight, you would take less cubes, spend 4 g's on a blower to get it to make 400 HP?. Or buy a LS and swap a cam and pocket port the heads to get 500 HP?. If your a ford guy thats great but lets be realistic here. Every LB of boost is worth 7% of power, So what are you making at the fly, or RWHP with the 15% drivetrain loss? I wouldnt say LS cars are the best but they are damn good with minimal work.
    My car makes 440 at the rears on a dynojet with the street tune, able to make much more with my current set up, but I had them de-tune it because thats the neighborhood that the stock shortblock can handle. And yes, I would take the whole package of a Mustang over a 4th gen anyday. Nothing about them appeals to me besides their drivetrains. I think they are just horribly designed cars to be honest. They all dimple on the rear quarters, the dash is huge, I mean you could play that old vibratory football game on it if you had the little plastic guys, the trans comes into the passenger compartment (be a passenger in one, tell me how your left foot feels after about 10 minutes), the rear ends can implode bone stock, and I don't like their overall look. The only saving grace for the 4th gen F body is the motor and the T56. Don't think that the Mustangs are perfect either, the shifter location on the SN95's and New Edges is horrid, it's like not even in the same zip code as the driver, but there's alot more to LIKE about Mustangs than their GM counterparts. Like the fact they are still in production Another thing you have to remember is the price between them when they were still both in production. The difference in stickers would allow you to put a charger on a Stang right from the word go and still have cash left over.

Doesnt your car make around 290 stock? wud have to make more than 15 lbs of boost to do that.

Senior Member..now yer posting! redpony06's Avatar
    440rwhp and only runs mid 12's?

Doesnt your car make around 290 stock? wud have to make more than 15 lbs of boost to do that.
    I was there at the dyno runs with 07. Was there 4.6 I was impressed with ?Yes and they were great guys and talked about there setup with me. Do I think your ride is making that kind of power, I dont think so but I will go with it just for the sake of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony06 View Post
    440rwhp and only runs mid 12's?
    Yeah, at 115. The power is there to run high 11's, the traction is not.