Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TFS 2V head!

I guess if someones interested in a new 2V head this ones the ticket for you. Go buy it!.....cause I wont.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Pulled off a site, I'll have to go digging for the 2V stuff. Lightning motors in Mustangs means throttle body through the hood. Lightning's heads are EXACTLY the same as your 2V Mustangs. My guess for cost is whatever it costs to go fast for a 4V except you spend less your heads. Bottom ends are the same, you'll just make less because you're limited by flow or by rpm. I'm not saying they're the end all be all for performance but they're kind of like the LT1, the read headed step child in performance aspects. The idea that they're horrible for performance is outdated, guys do make big power through them, but they don't make same hp as 4V stuff, they never will.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

well, honestly I would love to have a 4v car, however at the time insurance would of been through the roof as well as being hard to find....on the other hand, for the cost of a s trim with aftercooler, a set of headers (still out on the whole long tube thing) x pipe, and a different plentum and tb (which I believe comes with the sc kit) and I will be at 400hp. that combined with some suspension mods and a gear change (tune included) and I will have just over 400 rwhp I am not going to bitch....less than 5 k into the car and I will be low 12's high 11's
    Besides, if you use the engine from an expidition you will never get it under a hood.....you have to spend a lot of cash to get one made for a truck.....plus they make some nice stroker kits for the 2v and power can be had with the 2v engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    well, honestly I would love to have a 4v car, however at the time insurance would of been through the roof as well as being hard to find....on the other hand, for the cost of a s trim with aftercooler, a set of headers (still out on the whole long tube thing) x pipe, and a different plentum and tb (which I believe comes with the sc kit) and I will be at 400hp. that combined with some suspension mods and a gear change (tune included) and I will have just over 400 rwhp I am not going to bitch....less than 5 k into the car and I will be low 12's high 11's
    Besides, if you use the engine from an expidition you will never get it under a hood.....you have to spend a lot of cash to get one made for a truck.....plus they make some nice stroker kits for the 2v and power can be had with the 2v engine.
    For 5k you could ditch the whole drivetrain, buy an LS1/M6 dropout and be alot faster with just a cam, intake, injectors, exhaust and tune I am still willing to bet that you'd be under 5k.

LS1/M6 combo 2k
    everything to swap it... I am going to go high and say 1k.
    That would still leave you with 3k to buy a nice winter beater...LOL

Or for 5k you could buy a foxbody that already runs high 11's...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayaway Fox View Post
    Mod motor+blower+exhaust= a car that needs that much to keep up witha bolt on fox.
    Funny, as how I have beaten a few "bolt on fox" bodys with my almost stock 2v....my 88 had intake, headers, h pipe, muflers, cai, tb, ignition, tune, gears, and underdrives....the 04 has just a cai and mufflers and with just a tune and gears will match the times I hit with the fox (13.5). other than heads and a cam, how much more "bolt on" can you get with a fox with out going into the engine?

Irish
    Funny, as how I have beaten a few "bolt on fox" bodys with my almost stock 2v....my 88 had intake, headers, h pipe, muflers, cai, tb, ignition, tune, gears, and underdrives....the 04 has just a cai and mufflers and with just a tune and gears will match the times I hit with the fox (13.5). other than heads and a cam, how much more "bolt on" can you get with a fox with out going into the engine?
    Did it have the mass air conversion? And by intake did you mean upper and lower or CAI? What was your trap speed at 13.5?

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    For 5k you could ditch the whole drivetrain, buy an LS1/M6 dropout and be alot faster with just a cam, intake, injectors, exhaust and tune I am still willing to bet that you'd be under 5k.

LS1/M6 combo 2k

well we both know that I am not going to put a gm engine into my mustang.....I am not scottie k.....

And I agree, for 5500 you can hit high 11's with a fox on the stock engine...hell I had boltons on my fox, and was running 13.5 for about 1500-1700....messed up thing was that the fox was dynoed at the same hp as a stock 2v rwhp (well a little less but not by much)...so with the same cost I can be at the same point with both cars......an s trim with an aftercooler will put the total investment that I had in the fox to about 4000 or so, a good set of heads another 500.......so three hundred less than what I expect to do with the 2v and still hit the same 1/4 mile time and hp......

Did it have the mass air conversion? And by intake did you mean upper and lower or CAI? What was your trap speed at 13.5?
    yep, I always forget shit when it comes to mods on that car....and yes a cold air intake=inlet tube that goes from the filter to the intake....that was a fender mount (in the fender like the 04) and it did have a typhoon upper and lower intake on it with intake spacer. so both. The trap speed was 104 with a 1.7 60'
    Last edited by Waver; 10-30-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Irish

You didn't answer my questions Nick....

look above you.....lol now made clearer

I think it was his way of showing that more can be had for less...

IDK about necessairly less, i meak i will say the LS1 is deffintaly a better platform, but find me a 00-01 LS1 Camaro for the same price? as a 96-98 mustang lets say, even after we slapped the blower on this car we were still thousdands of dollars ahead, plus in a lighter car

hit that 2v with a 200 shot of funny gas and see how it likes it.... my 5.0 loves it
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    hit that 2v with a 200 shot of funny gas and see how it likes it.... my 5.0 loves it
    The botom end maybe........the intake fuck no....not going to take the chance with the plastic intake.......I was saying that baised on NA not with any kind of FI

^^^^^ should be a close race with us, looks like it comes down to the leave. Sounds like a good setup ya got planned. I got a wet kit for my ride but Ill leave my 75 dry same as last year on for the run next year. SPRING 09 GET SUM! lol
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sprayaway Fox View Post
    ^^^^^ should be a close race with us, looks like it comes down to the leave. Sounds like a good setup ya got planned. I got a wet kit for my ride but Ill leave my 75 dry same as last year on for the run next year. SPRING 09 GET SUM! lol
    yeah, I think it will be...Fox stangs respond real well to bolt ons where as mod motor cars love boost

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    point being?
    2500 and it would still lose to a stock LS1.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

LS1/M6 combo 2k

No offense but it would be hard to find an ls1/t56 combo for 2k.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBICON View Post
    2500 and it would still lose to a stock LS1.
    well his numbers are a little low for an s trim....with out aftercooler it will add 106 hp so it will take the stock 2v up to 366 hp at the flywheel so about 336 hp at the rear. With aftercooler it will add 146 hp, so 406hp at the flywheel and 376rwhp....This is on a 100% stock 2v engine, add the normal bolt ons can see up to 460 depending on what you do to it....eigther way, the 2v with a blower should be able to give a stock ls1 a run for its money.

(I know that the ls1 is an awesome engine, but dosnt it have to pull around more weight than any ford v8?)

Irish
    IDK about necessairly less, i meak i will say the LS1 is deffintaly a better platform, but find me a 00-01 LS1 Camaro for the same price? as a 96-98 mustang lets say, even after we slapped the blower on this car we were still thousdands of dollars ahead, plus in a lighter car

I know of people picking up 98 camaros that need a waterpump or have some other gremlin for 800-1500... There are deals to be had!

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBICON View Post
    No offense but it would be hard to find an ls1/t56 combo for 2k.
    No offense taken!

You can, you just have to be "johnny on the spot" with the cash. I sold my
    LS1/M6 for 1900.

There are combos going for 1800 and up on ebay everyday!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.