Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    you are just a hater Chris cause your car was gutted and slow bottom line ,like it or not
    i'm not a hater... and i wasn't pointed at your car because your car has been faster. it's all these guys talking shit about it because they essentially want a 12sec class.

mine was slow? I only ran the 382. Still had alot of stuff in it at that point. Still had the heater core. 10:1 408 w/ slicks, 9", and 1st generation A.R.E. ported heads (853 castings to boot). Not like I got some AFR's or whatever

EDIT - OH YEAH... forgot... 24* timing, 3.50 rear gears, 28" tall tire, and a stupid nitrous converter.... yep, it's slow

going 10.40's N/A ????

3300lbs? Go ask Shane what it weighs.

If you really want to talk shit, then your car is DEAD CRAWLING then with how fast SNOOP has gone

EDIT - i said some things i shouldn't have
    Last edited by Crawlin; 10-30-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

the a/c subject sure seems to rile ya up ,if it is a rule its a rule live with it just like the rules for the other classes so just relax it will be o.k,i do not plan on in this event you seem to have a chip on your shoulder ,cause you jump in guns blazin any time this subject comes up ,it not like a/c is a power adder
    and you sure seem to get upset when the topic is brought up about a race where you NEED to have it. Like it's a TRUE definition of a street car. But they have no problem whatsoever eliminating the need for a TRUE d.o.t. tire(not an e.t street) as well as a full exhaust, AND cats, AND all smog equipment... because that's what is needed NOW. That's all they look at for street cars... what's included NOW. You got a 6disc changer in your car? I have one in MY street car. You must have eliminated it for weight, so you have a racecar. Do you see how the argument can get rediculous?

and like you said, you aren't gonna race or show anyways, so why are you even talking?

PEOPLE piss me off. Not RULES. I'm sitting back for the 10.20 class just WAITING for the final rules to build around.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 10-30-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    and you sure seem to get upset when the topic is brought up about a race where you NEED to have it.

and like you said, you aren't gonna race or show anyways, so why are you even talking?

PEOPLE piss me off. Not RULES. I'm sitting back for the 10.20 class just WAITING for the final rules to build around.
    Damm now that statement you just made is callin the kettle black ,you have been talkin for a long while and have had nothing to race or show,and i knew once i got going on the a/c thing you you would be in here like a fat kid looking for a chez burger ,sorry scotty

i'm not a hater... and i wasn't pointed at your car because your car has been faster. it's all these guys talking shit about it because they essentially want a 12sec class.

mine was slow? I only ran the 382. Still had alot of stuff in it at that point. Still had the heater core. 10:1 408 w/ slicks, 9", and 1st generation A.R.E. ported heads (853 castings to boot). Not like I got some AFR's or whatever

EDIT - OH YEAH... forgot... 24* timing, 3.50 rear gears, 28" tall tire, and a stupid nitrous converter.... yep, it's slow

going 10.40's N/A ????

3300lbs? Go ask Shane what it weighs.

If you really want to talk shit, then your car is DEAD CRAWLING then with how fast SNOOP has gone

EDIT - i said some things i shouldn't have
    whats snoops car have to do with this ? you really have no clue ,but you can find out ,put you car on kill next year, and i will play gentle with ya and run my a/c on the way back

and you sure seem to get upset when the topic is brought up about a race where you NEED to have it. Like it's a TRUE definition of a street car. But they have no problem whatsoever eliminating the need for a TRUE d.o.t. tire(not an e.t street) as well as a full exhaust, AND cats, AND all smog equipment... because that's what is needed NOW. That's all they look at for street cars... what's included NOW. You got a 6disc changer in your car? I have one in MY street car. You must have eliminated it for weight, so you have a racecar. Do you see how the argument can get rediculous?

i got a 12 dics cd player

Damm now that statement you just made is callin the kettle black ,you have been talkin for a long while and have had nothing to race or show,and i knew once i got going on the a/c thing you you would be in here like a fat kid looking for a chez burger ,sorry scotty
    Yeah, unfortunately it is... so I shouldn't be talking.

But, how many passes have you made this year? It is no different at this point.. you just OWN a car. You don't race it. Just like I own a T/A. I haven't raced it.

whats snoops car have to do with this ? you really have no clue ,but you can find out ,put you car on kill next year, and i will play gentle with ya and run my a/c on the way back

You said my shit was slow for what it was. And YOU had no clue what it is, what it had, what it went, nothing. But yet you still talk.

So since you are comparing MY car to others, I just made a local reference since that's what it seemed you were trying to point out. Big bad 408 vs. some tiny 370. But like you said, I don't know, NOR do I care. I just know what the guys at Icon told me it went after you bought it.

But yes. We can do that. Do you feel better calling out a car that's being thrown together JUST to run 10.20's?

i got a 12 dics cd player

BADASS. That special value edition Aveo from Chevy is WAAAAY out of your league then since it has no A/C I shoulda bought something better.

Funniest thing is how uptight you got SO quickly, and then I even SAID it wasn't directed at you.

You said my shit was slow for what it was. And YOU had no clue what it is, what it had, what it went, nothing. But yet you still talk.

So since you are comparing MY car to others, I just made a local reference since that's what it seemed you were trying to point out. Big bad 408 vs. some tiny 370. But like you said, I don't know, NOR do I care. I just know what the guys at Icon told me it went after you bought it.

But yes. We can do that. Do you feel better calling out a car that's being thrown together JUST to run 10.20's?
    dont always believe what ya hear most of the time its no where near the truth ,but i think you know that

BADASS. That special value edition Aveo from Chevy is WAAAAY out of your league then since it has no A/C I shoulda bought something better.

Funniest thing is how uptight you got SO quickly, and then I even SAID it wasn't directed at you.
    come on

I know that. This was WAAAAY over inflated. Like scary fast over inflated. I'm not being sarcastic either...

come on
    i know, it's a stupid reference, but that's how i feel. The direct pointing at certain options as if it makes a difference. Like one smidge off the mark, and oops, racecar.

Heim joint suspension components(like the front of a torque arm) are racecar.

spool/locker/3.5 skinny fronts all = racecar since traffic avoidance is hampered.

no lockup converter/overdrive tranny

there are other things that i'd FIRST look at other than A/C to find a legitimate street car.

see what I mean?
    Last edited by Crawlin; 10-30-2008 at 05:04 PM.

i know, it's a stupid reference, but that's how i feel. The direct pointing at certain options as if it makes a difference. Like one smidge off the mark, and oops, racecar.

Heim joint suspension components(like the front of a torque arm) are racecar.

spool/locker/3.5 skinny fronts all = racecar since traffic avoidance is hampered.

see what I mean?
    o.k i accept your apologyto many rules = 2 many headaches,and like ya said i wont race anyways ,its fore sale if ya know anyone, just dont tell them how it slow runs

The problem is too many restrictions will deter racers. I have a spool, I have solid suspension with heim joints, I have skinnies, I have a dogring transmission, but I have put on more miles this year alot of other "street" cars. You wont find a single person that says mine isnt a street car. My point is, too many parts restrictions will ruin the event, because there are cars that totally fit the event of "street" cars that have "race" car parts.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    The problem is too many restrictions will deter racers. I have a spool, I have solid suspension with heim joints, I have skinnies, I have a dogring transmission, but I have put on more miles this year alot of other "street" cars. You wont find a single person that says mine isnt a street car. My point is, too many parts restrictions will ruin the event, because there are cars that totally fit the event of "street" cars that have "race" car parts.
    man that is the definition a race

o.k i accept your apologyto many rules = 2 many headaches,and like ya said i wont race anyways ,its fore sale if ya know anyone, just dont tell them how it slow runs
    I did call Larry asking him if he wants to hold some lock up money for next year

Street or RSD night?

man that is the definition a race
    Maybe, but how many miles have YOU put on this year?

My point is, there is no "set" definition of a "street" car. It will be debated forever.
    Last edited by badass88gt; 10-30-2008 at 05:18 PM.

I did call Larry asking him if he wants to hold some lock up money for next year

Street or RSD night?
    i race for fun

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Maybe, but how many miles have YOU put on this year?

My point is, there is no "set" definition of a "street" car. It will be debated forever.
    not many