Thread: Silva vs. GSP?

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Silva vs. GSP?

Oh f*** yeah!!!

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%20PennSilvaanogo.html

I say if they think they can beat him, let BJ and GSP try to take on Anderson at the same time. Twice the beatdown for the price of one!

LOL they make it seem like Penn jumped up to 205 to fight Machida...that would be a 50 pound weight jump. That fight happened at 187 which is still a significant weight jump.

But anyways, Silva vs GSP looks good on paper...but fuck man Anderson is a machine as much as Cote refuses to believe it!
    -Tyler

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Penn vs. Faber should be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Penn vs. Faber should be more likely.
    I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. Faber has stated that it would take a ton of work for him to get up to 155.

Not saying it can't happen...but most likely won't
    -Tyler

I'd rather see GSP vs Silva anyway, but I sure the fuck wouldn't mind seeing Penn vs Silva.

Silva is just too cold for either fighter.

I <3 Silva. Easily my favorite fighter since Ortiz back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. Faber has stated that it would take a ton of work for him to get up to 155.

Not saying it can't happen...but most likely won't

"If I did go up, it'd be more for a super-fight like maybe a champion vs. champion for a 155-pound match or down to 135 (pounds) for a champion-vs.-champion (fight) or a super-fight against whoever the folks want to see," Faber said. "That's whether it's (Norifumi) 'Kid' Yamamoto or (WEC bantamweight champ) Miguel Torres or whoever has the belt somewhere else like a B.J. Penn."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13133/the-...ew-in-2009.mma

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post

"If I did go up, it'd be more for a super-fight like maybe a champion vs. champion for a 155-pound match or down to 135 (pounds) for a champion-vs.-champion (fight) or a super-fight against whoever the folks want to see," Faber said. "That's whether it's (Norifumi) 'Kid' Yamamoto or (WEC bantamweight champ) Miguel Torres or whoever has the belt somewhere else like a B.J. Penn."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13133/the-...ew-in-2009.mma
    Like I said...not saying it can't happen
    -Tyler