Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    Bobby, what PSI you leave on? I cant wait for the video!
    7-8psi so far...

Quote Originally Posted by 427 S/C View Post
    Tom knows his stuff, in fact he helped another fox body get his sixty down to a 1.25 on a 28x10.5 ET drag and stock suspension.

I think 1.2Xs could be possible but I think it would take alot of time and passes to get there.

7-8psi so far...
    that car's an animal! Oh and Great driving btw! Everyone forgets it takes a helluva driver to get low Et's as well!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    that car's an animal! Oh and Great driving btw! Everyone forgets it takes a helluva driver to get low Et's as well!
    Not really. It was the slowest 173mph that I have ever seen!

great job bobby! thats flyin on lttle tires, i couldnt imagine

Clinton
    70 challenger- JUST SITTING
    63 Dodge polara- 588 HEMI-1101 rwhp & 1090 rwtq. 8.07 @ 168
    99 Ram 4x4- slow DD
    The toys- 08 Polaris IQR 600RR and Polaris Predator 500 Cross Country

With the turbo and on drag radials it is a lot harder to get the sixty down into the 1.2s. With a little more time to play with the setup I know Tom and I can get the sixty down though. Tom knows his stuff, in fact he helped another fox body get his sixty down to a 1.25 on a 28x10.5 ET drag and stock suspension. It will just take some more test and tune. I only have 3 full passes with the car and all of those passes were messing with the boost controller to get it to ramp boost in quickly.
    Sounds great! Let me know if I can help in any way. Did'nt know Tom had experience with small tire cars. I know Tom, he's good sheeaat!
    "Never underestimate old guys"

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    Not really. It was the slowest 173mph that I have ever seen!
    It felt like a 12 second car.....till about 100 feet out then it was on!

The drag radials are super stable! The more intense part of the run is before the eigth mile, from then on its like a Sunday drive of sorts.

Mr. Postman
    that thing "gets down"

Last edited by BOSS LX; 10-26-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Boss and Double A vids ??

What should I do with the Boss and Double A vids ?

Email ??? post ???? let me know???/

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    dood looks like its all downhill no wonder its so fast lol

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    Nice vid! Looks pretty quick and once you build more boost at the line it's gonna go better!
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2
    4-0 on the street for 2010!

Thanks guys!

Thanks also to DynoTom for getting the video up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    dood looks like its all downhill no wonder its so fast lol
    Thats why I went to Byron, because my sh!t is weak and I need all the help I can get to make it go fast.

Thats why I went to Byron, because my sh!t is weak and I need all the help I can get to make it go fast.
    true weak ass street car, nothin but a giant leaf blower, wait, its a leaf incinerator
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

What happened to the turbo terror?

Tom you could just email mine to me or Andy and he can forward them, Thanks!

In all honesty, Ron (owner of Byron Dragway) calls it "the fastest drag strip" and I know why. EVERY car I have been associated with, owned or worked on, has gone .1 to .2 faster there than the exact tune-up at the 'grove. Here is an example.. The 'bird went 7.96@164 at Byron lifting between 1000 and 1100 feet. At the 'grove it went 7.95@182 with the EXACT tune-up, running it out the back door.????
    Then figure in the 60ft time was only .002 FASTER at the 'grove, the 1/8 ET was app. the same, along with the 1/8 mph. I think the ET should be a little different considering 18mph slower! I pick up 40 to 45mph out the back door, depending on launch(spin or hook).
    Randy's numbers with the '69 Cyclone differ the same amount there, along with Metz' Malibu.
    BTW, this is in NO WAY meant to change what Bobby has done, his car is badass and has ALOT left, I felt this was info you guys should know.
    Nothing like possibly having a track a little short of 1320ft to call it the fastest!
    This info is the general findings and opinions of racers with cars in our general ET.
    I figured I'd share this so you guys won't beat you heads against the wall trying to make sense of it!
    Thanks, Jim
    "Never underestimate old guys"

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    In all honesty, Ron (owner of Byron Dragway) calls it "the fastest drag strip" and I know why. EVERY car I have been associated with, owned or worked on, has gone .1 to .2 faster there than the exact tune-up at the 'grove. Here is an example.. The 'bird went 7.96@164 at Byron lifting between 1000 and 1100 feet. At the 'grove it went 7.95@182 with the EXACT tune-up, running it out the back door.????
    Then figure in the 60ft time was only .002 FASTER at the 'grove, the 1/8 ET was app. the same, along with the 1/8 mph. I think the ET should be a little different considering 18mph slower! I pick up 40 to 45mph out the back door, depending on launch(spin or hook).
    Randy's numbers with the '69 Cyclone differ the same amount there, along with Metz' Malibu.
    BTW, this is in NO WAY meant to change what Bobby has done, his car is badass and has ALOT left, I felt this was info you guys should know.
    Nothing like possibly having a track a little short of 1320ft to call it the fastest!
    This info is the general findings and opinions of racers with cars in our general ET.
    I figured I'd share this so you guys won't beat you heads against the wall trying to make sense of it!
    Thanks, Jim
    thx Jim for busting the bubble........

Like I said, my car needs all the help it can get!

I will just run faster at GLD next year! With only 21psi now, another 10psi should do the trick!

Maybe it would be better if I took the "Byron Effect" off of my ET.
    8.70 @ 160 would be better?
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-27-2008 at 03:15 PM.

new and improved

Maybe it would be better if I took the "Byron Effect" off of my ET.
    8.70 @ 160 would be better?

no that would make my run 8.71 @ 129.... im looking for a shorter track next yr to catch Dr Ford...

Jim any out there ?