Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2008 MX-5 Mazda Miata, what you think?

Test drove on the other day. Didn't seem to bad a little car but from the short time I drove it (driven lightly given a salesperson was in the passenger seat) the suspension seemed very unforgiving.

Any one with opinions on the car's looks, testimonials, or maybe even ability and ease of modification?

Irish
    prime for an ls1 swap!

I wanted to buy one for the wife but she felt claustrophobic with the top up. The car I test drove was a sport/6 speed/ limited slip car and it was a riot. The miata isn't a chick car anymore and with mazdas racing program (mx-5 cup) there are quite a few mods available.

i like the looks of the new ones over the old ones for sure. they are a pretty sporty car and can be a lot of fun

you know how i know your gay?

lol

there alright, i'd rather have a 1st gen with a LS1.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

BCM Cruiser
    for the price of those, theres so much more out there.
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin350z View Post
    for the price of those, theres so much more out there.
    Like what? What NEW convertible offers the same performance and handling for less than 21 grand? And yes, there is a million used cars I would buy before a new miata but maybe the OP needs a car with a warranty.

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooo32 View Post
    Like what? What NEW convertible offers the same performance and handling for less than 21 grand? And yes, there is a million used cars I would buy before a new miata but maybe the OP needs a car with a warranty.
    true, but when i see 21k for s sports car, theres alot better options that can still be had with a warranty.

I prefer a Sky over the Miata. It's kinda lost it's way and the styling just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Oh, and the facelifted 2009 looks better then then 08's.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin350z View Post
    true, but when i see 21k for s sports car, theres alot better options that can still be had with a warranty.
    slightly used Z
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    slightly used Z
    yea except to mod a z.... = teh $$$
    im broke...but a happy broke lol

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Sky GXP.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Sky GXP.
    The Miata has a timeless British roadster look. In two years the Sky will join its Pontiac counterpart in the "I can't believe I thought that car looked cool" category.

The Miata has a timeless British roadster look. In two years the Sky will join its Pontiac counterpart in the "I can't believe I thought that car looked cool" category.
    Timeless? I thought it looked older than time. It looks like any two-seater engineered from outside of the United States. The SLK R170 series, Miata, MZ3, Honda Slow2000, et cetera all look pretty similar. The Mercedes is definitely more classy. The S2000 is a piece of shit, they should replace the dampers in the suspension with black pipe.

The Sky and Solstice have been around a while. Since GM keeps redesigning the interior they apparently think it's a worthwhile product. And have you seen the resale on them? They hold their value like you wouldn't believe.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Sky GXP.
    Bingo. Or Solstice GXP Coupe when it comes out next year.

I'm going to have to disagree with this statement.

I just think the sky/solstice looks cheap. The fit and finish on the miata is 10x better and for 27 grand I would buy neither. used BMW Z4 M roadster for the win.

I just think the sky/solstice looks cheap. The fit and finish on the miata is 10x better and for 27 grand I would buy neither. used BMW Z4 M roadster for the win.
    Def can't argue with you there. Good choice.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Timeless? I thought it looked older than time. It looks like any two-seater engineered from outside of the United States. The SLK R170 series, Miata, MZ3, Honda Slow2000, et cetera all look pretty similar. The Mercedes is definitely more classy. The S2000 is a piece of shit, they should replace the dampers in the suspension with black pipe.

The Sky and Solstice have been around a while. Since GM keeps redesigning the interior they apparently think it's a worthwhile product. And have you seen the resale on them? They hold their value like you wouldn't believe.
    you are one ignorant person to say the s2000 is a peice of shit.... faster, handles better and looks better than then the solstice or sky. the s2000 is on a totally different level than those gm shit boxes.
    00 cbr 929 RR

You must be looking at a different S2000 than me. The S2000 is a piece of shit. It's for old white women to buy for their boytoys to drive them around in. Bang for dollar it's the biggest piece of shit out there. Handling is all it's got because a fscking Silverado and Titan beats it to 1320'.

The fact that you can get a blinged out GXP for four grand less than a strip-model S2000 is rather amusing.