Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1998 Grand Prix GTP*More pics added*

I am post this for a friend. You can email him at the email address below. The car is owned by Scott Jacoby. Some of you probably know Scott. He is an ASE certified mechanic and he has taken very good care of this car.

He is selling a 98 2 door GTP. Looking to get $2500 or best offer.

Lightly modded and very well maintained

L36 compression (40,000 miles on engine)
    VS cam
    ZZP pcm
    U-bend delete
    Transmission shift kit installed
    ported exhaust manifolds

192,600 miles on vehicle / has some dings and dents from hitting a guard rail many years ago

2nd owner. Have owned it since 2000 Email me at scottjacoby@charter.net

Last edited by Z28Envy; 10-26-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks for posting this Josh. It's a high 13 second car that sounds and appears bone stock. sleeper.

Picture taken just before the damage happened to the drivers side. I had to steer hard left to avoid T-boning the Chevelle that spun out in front of me. The body damage really wasn't all that bad considering that could have happened.

Under hood picture / you can see the stock 3.8" pulley in the blower which works well with the higher compression (9.5:1 vs 8.5:1 stock) and the Comp cams VS cam
    Last edited by Lakeside GTP; 10-26-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Wanted to post a picture

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Yeah.... I saw that Scott just joined the other day.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Any pics of the damage or am I looking at it?

I see a few dings and stuff along this driver's side. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Any pics of the damage or am I looking at it?

I see a few dings and stuff along this driver's side. Is that it?
    I believe the ding on the driver side was from his wife backing into it. The gaurd rail damage was on the passenger side right front fender. If I remember right it wasn't that bad and he may have fixed it up a little but I can't remember for sure.

Scott can you post pictures of the front quarter panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Envy View Post
    Scott can you post pictures of the front quarter panel?
    Yes, please do. I need a work daily driver but I take clients out so I can't have it look too bad.

My wife backed into it on the passenger side. small dent that has been touched up. The drivers side damage can be seen in the picture posted above if you look carefully. There is a slight crease directly 1 inch above the wheel opening and if you look by the GTP emblem you will see it is a little wrinkled. the drivers door was slightly tweaked along the body molding and the rear quarter you can see in the pic also has some damage. Email me and then I can send you some pics. Or better yet, drive up to Slinger and take a look. I don't think it looks that bad.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    how are the tires and brakes on it? I may be interested in this. where is the car located? pm me a location and phone number please
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

same can you pm me the location and #

93 z28- sold
    91gt Stang -Chevy powered just for all you fORD Buzzards
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

gtp is sold

sold

Buyer backed out so this car is still forsale!
    Last edited by Z28Envy; 10-22-2008 at 08:55 PM.

bump
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Thanks for opening this back up Yoosof! Still forsale buyer backed out for family reasons.

any pics of the damage yet?
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Its a pretty damn nice car for the miles! I got to drive it and look it over when the person was gonna buy it. Drives like new, the PS rack is a little notchy and slower speeds but everything else, handling, suspension and brakes wise seem like a new one. I personally loved how crisp and on point the trans was.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Just PM me your email address and I can send you pics of the damage. The main picture in the thread shows 70% of the damage though. Just look near the GTP emblem on the drivers door. There is minor damage to the left front fender, left front door and left rear quarter panel. There is also a dent on the right rear quarter panel but it's not that bad. The rear bumper has a scuff on the left rear.

Thanks for the kind words BAD LS1. It is a very solid car and I have driven it hard but taken very good care of it mechanically. No leaks, no warning lights on. Has a very strong engine and great shifting transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    any pics of the damage yet?
    I emailed him to send me some pictures of the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Its a pretty damn nice car for the miles! I got to drive it and look it over when the person was gonna buy it. Drives like new, the PS rack is a little notchy and slower speeds but everything else, handling, suspension and brakes wise seem like a new one. I personally loved how crisp and on point the trans was.
    I know Scott has always taken good care of this car! It is out of my winter car price range or I wouldn't even have posted this for him. I have driven the car and it drives great and has a lot of power! Fun car to drive. Make me wish I still had my GP!!

I know this may seem like a stupid question, what kind of MPG does it get...???