Good dyno tuning shop?

Hi there all! I haven't posted up in a while, been pretty busy. I recently got my car started after a year of sitting, and I'm looking for a reasonable place that really knows there stuff when it comes to performance engine tuning in the Kenosha/Racine area. I'd be willing to go as far as Milwaukee if needed though.

Looking to have a part and full throttle tune, receive paperwork of all engine settings, and I'd like to personally observe it on a final dyno run w/final HP/TQ/AF/EGT results. Obviously looking to get as much power from the setup as I can, but will be mostly street driven.

I just got the engine running, idles nice, but will backfire badly if I open it up. I realize it's not tuned at all and it's most likely either a timing issue or running lean. It's a SBC 400 with a Edelbrock Eforce supercharger. Engine has been built to support it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"

BCMs sponsor West Bend Dyno Tuning.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/...splay.php?f=74

A little farther north than Milwaukee, but it's worth the drive..
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Don's Auto Parts & Machine
    5515 60th St
    Kenosha, WI 53144
    (262) 658-3737‎

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ZL69 View Post
    Hi there all! I haven't posted up in a while, been pretty busy. I recently got my car started after a year of sitting, and I'm looking for a reasonable place that really knows there stuff when it comes to performance engine tuning in the Kenosha/Racine area. I'd be willing to go as far as Milwaukee if needed though.

Looking to have a part and full throttle tune, receive paperwork of all engine settings, and I'd like to personally observe it on a final dyno run w/final HP/TQ/AF/EGT results. Obviously looking to get as much power from the setup as I can, but will be mostly street driven.

I just got the engine running, idles nice, but will backfire badly if I open it up. I realize it's not tuned at all and it's most likely either a timing issue or running lean. It's a SBC 400 with a Edelbrock Eforce supercharger. Engine has been built to support it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Im in WestBend. I know its a drive, but i can get you exactly what you are looking for. Forest 1-414-322-0280

And to the OP, just talk to Forest on the phone, or better yet go see how he runs his shop and the type of work he does, and I think you'll have your answer

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    And to the OP, just talk to Forest on the phone, or better yet go see how he runs his shop and the type of work he does, and I think you'll have your answer
    Yeah, You might just end up with somthing like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Yeah, You might just end up with somthing like this...

I can't see the pic here at work, I will have to wait until I get home tonight to see it

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    I can't see the pic here at work, I will have to wait until I get home tonight to see it
    Its nothing you didnt see today..... Just in differnt places...

^^^^ junk, dude i just realized there is over 10600.00 just in that pic!!!! wtf!!
    Last edited by forest; 10-11-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Looks like just 2....West Bend or Don's. I've dealt with Tony at Don's before - only problem I've had with him is that you can never seem to nail him down with a price..lol. I spoke with him and he did say since it's the end of the season and things are slowing down, he could give me "a good deal" but he didn't elaborate on that.

Thanks for your invite too Forest! We may be talking real soon.....you seem highly recommended. Here's the bottom line with me.....I'm not necessarily looking for "a deal" as much as I am quality work from someone that really knows what he's doing. Especially with carbs, since it seems like it's getting to be a lost art - Although a deal doesn't hurt either.....
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"

BTW, I can't come near to contending with your Kenne Bell blower Breecher_7....it's out of my league - and budget. I just have a beat to hell Thirdgen that needs paint, amoung other things....

I humbly post where mine was a month ago. pretty much the same now except it's running :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GSMC, USN-RET. 1998
    -83 L69 Camaro Z28 -.
    SBC,Moser 9"

Quote Originally Posted by 83ZL69 View Post
    BTW, I can't come near to contending with your Kenne Bell blower Breecher_7....it's out of my league - and budget. I just have a beat to hell Thirdgen that needs paint, amoung other things....

I humbly post where mine was a month ago. pretty much the same now except it's running :
    The only blower Breecher owns is his wife!

lol nice.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Envy View Post
    The only blower Breecher owns is his wife!
    now thats funny. And yes, we can tune carbs QUITE well. Call me for more info. 1-414-322-0280 Forest