Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    Besides the blower cfm, the rules look good to me.

now if we only had slower cars...

the only thing i can see is that like in the IMSM class (no Rules) the cap is easy to get to. most of these combos should go into the 9's. dont get me wrong class racing this year has been a blast but i would like to run a class with a tire size / engine size or a blower size restriction with no cap because lets face it in a cap race the race is lost at the light most the time because you better be able to run the cap if you want to win anyway...

so what im trying to say is make it a class that the cars will have a hard time reaching the cap. small motor/small tire/small supercharger or turbo. lets see some skill involved. anyone can make a 70mm turbo run 10.20....

Quote Originally Posted by BeesTwinEG View Post
    This mean NO IMPORTs??!?!?!
    sorry
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by A RACER View Post
    now if we only had slower cars...

the only thing i can see is that like in the IMSM class (no Rules) the cap is easy to get to. most of these combos should go into the 9's. dont get me wrong class racing this year has been a blast but i would like to run a class with a tire size / engine size or a blower size restriction with no cap because lets face it in a cap race the race is lost at the light most the time because you better be able to run the cap if you want to win anyway...

so what im trying to say is make it a class that the cars will have a hard time reaching the cap. small motor/small tire/small supercharger or turbo. lets see some skill involved. anyone can make a 70mm turbo run 10.20....
    ..you will be very suprised that alot of the cars that fit this class wont be able to hit the cap... not say theres cars arnt capable but ...its harder to get to thaen what people thing
    CKSC

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    ..you will be very suprised that alot of the cars that fit this class wont be able to hit the cap... not say theres cars arnt capable but ...its harder to get to thaen what people thing

*Big block power adder 3400 lbs Plate system only

how can this guy not get to 10.2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Well mine for one, the turbo responsiveness (how fast it spools) and peak boost are all controlled by an external controller. I have a 7 psi spring in the gate and sees about 5 of that with just a boost reff to the gate. Its a total turd for spool up etc w/o it. And lastly i dont trust the spring to control peak boost as stern as id like, i have a gain programed in (over boost) for a hard hit then settles to where my duty cycle is programed. The thing could overshoot wildly w/o this.

I cant see many other properly working turbo system being much diff.
    ive already seen a 75 mm car that runs 10.9x on true radial tires(not drag radials) with NO controllers of any sort.that had a decent wastgate with a big spring in it,didnt seem to have any problems to me.
    so now put that car on a drag radial or slick and see what it runs with 128mph trap speed...im guessing that wouldnt have a problem running with the program.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

*Big block power adder 3400 lbs Plate system only

how can this guy not get to 10.2 ?
    WELL...simple the car could only have mild bb or the guy dont kow how to drive or burns the tires off...

Iv prety much live at the track i see ALL kinds of differnt things happn with cars ..... Im also involved with our true street class .. there are cars there that should 7s all day but have a hrad time going 8.40s... dont let the combos scare you.. there are plenty of people cars that are technicly are fast but not really....
    CKSC

FOX racer were are you from..
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    WELL...simple the car could only have mild bb or the guy dont kow how to drive or burns the tires off...

Iv prety much live at the track i see ALL kinds of differnt things happn with cars ..... Im also involved with our true street class .. there are cars there that should 7s all day but have a hrad time going 8.40s... dont let the combos scare you.. there are plenty of people cars that are technicly are fast but not really....
    along with the fact most STREET combos are not set on full kill race tune.
    hell,i can think of a few cars that have more than what these rules would allow and would never touch the 10.20 mark.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    SCOTTY....

that's scaffidi

Quote Originally Posted by BeesTwinEG View Post
    This mean NO IMPORTs??!?!?!
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

And I think since it's a beginner class, there will be alot of people that may have the car to run a 9.50, but back it down on spray a bit to run a 10.20, but like Greg said, I guarantee that there are gonna be some HORRIBLE lights in the class. TO the point a 10.60 car could win out over the 10.2x car. That's gonna play a HUGE role becase of how new people will be to a Pro Tree as well as heads up racing in general

new and improved
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    And I think since it's a beginner class, there will be alot of people that may have the car to run a 9.50, but back it down on spray a bit to run a 10.20, but like Greg said, I guarantee that there are gonna be some HORRIBLE lights in the class. TO the point a 10.60 car could win out over the 10.2x car. That's gonna play a HUGE role becase of how new people will be to a Pro Tree as well as heads up racing in general

Trust me when there is money involved you will get other racers besides BCM members. you will get cars that you never heard of running .0xxx lights and they will run 10.2xx something. in our 9.5 class some cars came out after the first few races after they heard about the money and came with 9.5 cars and truck.. i lost many races this year and i ran 9.5xx and ran .0xx lights. thats why i think you should make the rules hard for anyone to meet the cap. trust me there will be sandbaggers.... jmo.

either way it will be fun for you guys and gals..

i agree. and that was the point. that no matter WHAT is allowed. no matter how FAST that car is, like greg said, a driver is gonna win these races that can be consistent on the tree and at the top end. it's not gonna matter what the car has at that point or how much he's spraying, etc....

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Trust me when there is money involved you will get other racers besides BCM members. you will get cars that you never heard of running .0xxx lights and they will run 10.2xx something. in our 9.5 class some cars came out after the first few races after they heard about the money and came with 9.5 cars and truck.. i lost many races this year and i ran 9.5xx and ran .0xx lights. thats why i think you should make the rules hard for anyone to meet the cap. trust me there will be sandbaggers.... jmo.

either way it will be fun for you guys and gals..
    6pt bar ONLY may force people to play fair and keep the faster cars out

6pt only would be kinda weird.

there's no way i want to spend $1000 to put a 6pt in the car, only to have to cut it out to PROPERLY add the 10pt to it later on. Just too much PITA crap.

6pt only would be kinda weird.

there's no way i want to spend $1000 to put a 6pt in the car, only to have to cut it out to PROPERLY add the 10pt to it later on. Just too much PITA crap.
    thats kinda the idea behind it ,remember this is a street class ,not a race class detuning and coming to a street class for some easy $$$ chances

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    thats kinda the idea behind it ,remember this is a street class ,not a race class detuning and coming to a street class for some easy $$$ chances
    400 is not exactly the payout to make anyone rich.

you are thinking opposite of what i was.

i meant that I only want to do this THIS year, I'd be stepping to True Street in 2010. Adding a whole other cage to the car then because I wasn't allowed a 10pt NOW, I bet that'd kill a whole bunch of cars out of it.

new and improved
    id like to see a 26 inch drag radial tire class run whta you brung no rules..

that would be fun scotty.... no cap... lets see some driving..

its like a double edged sword if the newbies see alot of regulars coming forth than they will more than likley walk
    you are thinking opposite of what i was.

i meant that I only want to do this THIS year, I'd be stepping to True Street in 2010. Adding a whole other cage to the car then because I wasn't allowed a 10pt NOW, I bet that'd kill a whole bunch of cars out of it.