Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 427 S/C View Post
    Skottie,

As far as the turbos go, do you mean you can run a max of a 76mm wheel, but you can only have a 70mm inlet?
    you can run a 76 mm turbo,with a 70mm inlet reducer.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

You guys need to settle on a blower cfm. To me a 76mm turbo, with a 76mm inlet is equal to a 1500 cfm blower.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    why is that?

not being a ****,just trying to understand why you ask/say that
    Well mine for one, the turbo responsiveness (how fast it spools) and peak boost are all controlled by an external controller. I have a 7 psi spring in the gate and sees about 5 of that with just a boost reff to the gate. Its a total turd for spool up etc w/o it. And lastly i dont trust the spring to control peak boost as stern as id like, i have a gain programed in (over boost) for a hard hit then settles to where my duty cycle is programed. The thing could overshoot wildly w/o this.

I cant see many other properly working turbo system being much diff.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    You guys need to settle on a blower cfm. To me a 76mm turbo, with a 76mm inlet is equal to a 1500 cfm blower.
    Yes that is close, my PTE 76GTSH witha 1.08 a/r comp and .96 a/r ex flows a max 1350 CFM according to the pec sheet that came with it.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

This will be a hard thing to police with the turbos.

Technically a 76mm, 76mm wheel and inlet, has gone into the upper 8s. Does it happen a lot, no, but it can. There are SOOO many different types of 76mms out there it is incredible, and they are a popular size for a lot of turbo kits which is why I can understand why you would want to include it. The majority of the people with these turbos are not going to have eight second cars is what it will come down to, though.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-06-2008 at 05:29 PM.

this class sounds interesting
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 10-06-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Bobby....

with a 70mm inlet restriction, how fast could they go at 3300lbs?

and then at that point we are just trying to include them like you said, but they won't be pushing 25psi to get that e.t., so now it's a parts saver too.

That'd be the ultimate goal, save money on pushing parts too hard.

What do you guys think would be fair on the S/C's ? I know an S-trim doesn't compete against a BBC on spray in regards to HOW fast it could go, but I guess I'm just looking at Sam, Andy, Josh and how fast they were going. How hard were they being pushed? 100%?

Agreed, But im not sold on the no boost controllers, MY combo should yield close to a 10.20 all out, but i would like to eailsy lower the boost to run on the street, but i do realize that 9.xx cars could do the same and run within the cap.... but they could also respring the wastegate and what not if need be.... I just hink that being catored to a street car that the user frieldnt things like that should be allowed .. just my .02
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

so skotty would this be allowed??

2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

I agree with Tom on the boost controllers. It's not really possible to properly set up a turbo without one. Now if you mean in-cab electronic "launch control", "boost limiting", "Traction aiding" feedback-style boost controllers, that's a totally different thing, but if thats what you mean you should specify it.

About the 70mm inlet, that's also vague. Turbo size in mm is measured at the tip of the compressor wheel, the actual compressor cover inlet itself is always significantly larger (3-4" typically). 70mm is 2.75" and pretty much no turbo beyond a 400-500HP turbo is going to have an inlet smaller than 3.0". If you have a way to reach all the way in the inlet and measure the actual compressor wheel diameter at the tips of the fins, then the 70mm rule makes a lot more sense.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

were not getting to technnical on all these combos for this yr... There will be some minor changes before there 100 percent approved...

like novi blower thing

clairifing boost controlers.. ( most likely in car and electronic) way its looking...

the turbos pretty close ...with a 7omm inlet on a small housing 76 street turbo its will be a high 9sec combo if you make it consistant but average its gona be low 10sec set ups...

im not worried about A/R 1.08 compaired to a D1 were giving racers guide lines to go off of... for simple round about combos this yr... then next yr we can modify rules ... we need to get cars out there this up coming yr and the following we find out what cars had what and modify rules....

Guys your reading to indepth just yet .. relaxe come out have some fun try it out you will be very suprised on what combos you think will dominate
    CKSC

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Scotty, we doing the weight thing we were talking about? I think it'd be neat

Worked great in Car Craft Street Race

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    were not getting to technnical on all these combos for this yr... There will be some minor changes before there 100 percent approved...

like novi blower thing

clairifing boost controlers.. ( most likely in car and electronic) way its looking...

the turbos pretty close ...with a 7omm inlet on a small housing 76 street turbo its will be a high 9sec combo if you make it consistant but average its gona be low 10sec set ups...

im not worried about A/R 1.08 compaired to a D1 were giving racers guide lines to go off of... for simple round about combos this yr... then next yr we can modify rules ... we need to get cars out there this up coming yr and the following we find out what cars had what and modify rules....

Guys your reading to indepth just yet .. relaxe come out have some fun try it out you will be very suprised on what combos you think will dominate
    efi , plastic intakes should be allowed direct port ,there is no advantage just better fuel and nitrous distribution ,make it work Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    efi , plastic intakes should be allowed direct port ,there is no advantage just better fuel and nitrous distribution ,make it work Scotty
    we talked about it we just came to concluision that a plate style on ls1s will be capible running the number... If we let direct port in on one we have to leave it go on all others .....
    CKSC

we talked about it we just came to concluision that a plate style on ls1s will be capible running the number... If we let direct port in on one we have to leave it go on all others .....
    then let them in ,i do not see a advantage either way ,just personal preferance

IM NOT LETTING FOGGERS IN!!.... then you will have a 1000hp bb to contend with hitting the brakes at 600ft
    CKSC

IM NOT LETTING FOGGERS IN!!.... then you will have a 1000hp bb to contend with hitting the brakes at 600ft
    no fogger but a irs change over is ok ,wonder why they get away from the irs

not true Scotty ,they will not get there with a plate unless you remove alot of weight and most guys bs on the hit they use to get there anyways,I dont care if you change the rules on the ls1 fogger Im just telling it like it is
    Last edited by 2 bad z's; 10-07-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Wink

I wasn't gonna say anything because I sold my LX and have nothing fast enough for this class now. However, I was the one who went to Scotty and suggested this class to begin with, I'll add my 5 cents on outlawing a Novi2000.

In "out of the box" form, these blowers are sold as "street friendly" and are pulllied for 8 PSI. They are also 50-state legal CARB-certified. By design, they differ from a YSI, in that they are still VERY streetable "down low" whereas a YSI is going to be a pig and is more suited for a more radical combo. Can a Novi2000 be made to put up insane amounts of boost and efficiency?

Of course.

However, with that said, rather than ban the blower itself, how about making some restrictions such as no "renegade" (8") crank pullies or limit the crank pulley to a 6.87 and the head unit to a 3.50 and no 10-rib or cog belts??

I think that too many rules sucks and it's an INDEX race, you still have to have driving skills here. Just because someone has a car that can easily break the cap does not mean they can perfect the techniques to get the job done. Ask any bracket racer that has had to be the one getting "chased" on a staggered start that has had success- You tune out that faster car and don't worry about him running you down and doing that stupid "whoop whoop", you run your race against the clock. It's no different with an index race; You setup your car for the index, you work on running the number and cutting a good lite and it won't matter if the other guy can break the cap by 5 seconds. You run your race, you win. A driver that has his car built for the index and can cut a lite is going to do better than someone who tries to rely on sheer power to win races. You don't make consistent passes on the brakes. Anyone can beat a guy who is "exposed" in the qualifiers with poor lites and a car that can't cover the cap. It's when all the cars in the class have the ability to break that cap that make for exciting races.

This mean NO IMPORTs??!?!?!
    Personal Best - 10.4 @ 140mph(110oct)2010
    10.9 @ 130mph (92oct) 2010
    10.004@154mph 2012. & still need driving lessons
    BEEyond ENG>>
    Special thanks to Bee/Beeyond Engineering. Waldo, Henry, and the crew!