Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck Supan

Apart from this last August, 5-0, he's been Par at BEST.

CC said he would like to come back here next year too...ya alright. Take a HUGE pay cut from what you could be getting buddy if your that set on coming back.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I wouldn't count CC out completely for next year.

He likes the city and the team.....and the fans love him. For some players that enough to take the 2nd or 3rd highest offer on the table.

Time will tell...

^^^i don't think they'll be able to afford CC though....he's gonna wind up in NY (either NL or AL) or boston like all the big name free agents do
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

He's always said he likes the NL better because he can actually bat then...but I'm sure for the right money he'd give up batting.
    -Tyler

counsell needs to stay IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.gone1985 View Post
    If Sheets is back then Melvin needs to be fired!!!! Melvin is to smart for that. If he played for free I would send his ass packing.
    it's not melvin that has to pay him though...in the end it's the owner that makes the final decision....if he wants to pay sheets and not CC then it's not melvin's fault
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Sheets can go for all I care. He sux too. Hart needs to get the boot TODAY. He is AWFUL!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    counsell needs to stay IMO.
    He's a MONSTER with the bases loaded. Something like a .410 career hitter. Great eye at the plate, even if he doesn't get a hit everytime he puts out a good AB and makes the pitcher work. Good defensively too

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    Sheets can go for all I care. He sux too. Hart needs to get the boot TODAY. He is AWFUL!
    I disagree. 20/20 this year, should be 25/25 next year. He obviously had an off post-season which really hurt us but he did a lot for us during the regular season.

C.C is going to the L.A dodgers! hes from that area, they have a ton of money, and its the NL
    2001 Bonneville SSEI (AKA JUNK)
    2002 35th Aniv Camaro Z28
    1999 Cavalier Z24 5 spd
    1995 Camaro Z28 (rip)
    1993 Eclipse GSX (project)

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Hall as a top candidate for getting the hell out of town?!?!? He's right up there with Rickie in terms of people that we need to cut ties with IMO.

Can't hit a RHP to save his life to the point where he was hardly useful all season.

Another case of finding a nut at the right time a few years ago, getting paid for it, and now... nothin'.

Counsell was a monster with the bases loaded. He's not getting any younger. That's like saying Nolan Ryan struck out 5K people and threw 7 no-no's and expecting him to still be able to do it. Craig's glory days are behind him.

Hardy to 3rd, Escobar to SS, go find a 2B via free agency (Durham is getting old). Cameron goes, Gwynn in his place. Sign CC, show Suppan tapes of the 06 NLCS and tell him to pitch like that... don't change anything else and see you in October 09.
    Last edited by DirtyMax; 10-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk2 View Post
    He's a MONSTER with the bases loaded. Something like a .410 career hitter. Great eye at the plate, even if he doesn't get a hit everytime he puts out a good AB and makes the pitcher work. Good defensively too
    Well how often does he get up with the bases loaded? It's less than 10AB.
    Not a reason to keep someone on the roster.

Zambrano has put up similar numbers, regardless of people on base
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    ... show Suppan the door, and tell him to never come back.
    *fixed*
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk2 View Post
    I disagree. 20/20 this year, should be 25/25 next year. He obviously had an off post-season which really hurt us but he did a lot for us during the regular season.
    no no no....he had his time to shine. His hitting has been meager at best. His defense is SO SO if you ask me. We have more dead weight on this team than any of the other teams in the playoffs combined. Suppan needs to go though for sure. AWFUL. What was he like 6th in MLB this season with homers given up? Pathetic stat. Thats like saying you have the most shanks in professional golf.

Quote Originally Posted by mrz28M6 View Post
    C.C is going to the L.A dodgers! hes from that area, they have a ton of money, and its the NL
    he'd be a monster in L.A. I'm still holding out for him though. I think if they would cut Suppan, Sheets, Weeks, Hart and throw one more in the mix for good measure, he'd be worth throwing a good offer out. His wife and Fielder's wife are good friends, he likes the city, the fans love him...its a win win. PLUS not having to see Weeks in a Brewers uniform would be worth that alone!

So in your honest opinion, do you think they can retain/obtain enough players to make a run again next season or do you think this was their best shot for a while?

We bought tickets to Uecker's Winter Warm-Up and I hope there's some exciting news and discussions come mid-January when that event occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    he'd be a monster in L.A. I'm still holding out for him though. I think if they would cut Suppan, Sheets, Weeks, Hart and throw one more in the mix for good measure, he'd be worth throwing a good offer out. His wife and Fielder's wife are good friends, he likes the city, the fans love him...its a win win. PLUS not having to see Weeks in a Brewers uniform would be worth that alone!
    The problem with cutting a bunch of guys and paying CC is that if CC gets hurt the Brewers are done and have nothing to fall back on. Brewers need a lead off hitter and a second baseman. If the Crew doesnt get CC then i can see Sheets staying. CC did say he will listen to what the Brewers have to offer him first. CC in interviews has said he likes it here but the main thing is he wants to have fun and play with a good group over being payed a ton. I know everyone is hopping he stays. Time will tell

IMO they gave their best shot for awhile.

If CC comes back next year...I think they have a better shot than this year.

Cut the dead weight, find some more pitchers, find a batting coach. Stop feeding prince fielder manjuice.....etc.
    -Tyler

Unless CC is a complete BS artist, I think his feelings about wanting to come back are sincere, and to alot of players it's not all about the $$$$$$$. I personally hope he's back. I wouldn't even waste my time with Sheets, he's a walking mangina if I ever saw one. The amount of excuses that come out of his mouth is never ending. I was waiting for "I have hemmroids, I can't go today".

They need a closer, and a 2nd baseman, those should be the #1 priorities after CC. I mean a rotation like this:

CC
    Gallardo
    Parra
    Bush
    Suppan

isn't that bad. Hell, Villanuava is even back on track and could fill in if one of the above goes down. Middle relief is OK, but they need a CLOSER!!! Torres?? Really?? Svuem reminded me of Yost when he was talking about how Torres "got us out of it" on Sat. night. Got us out of it?? More like GOT US INTO IT!!!! He pitched the bases loaded for Gods sake!!!

And yeah, they need a 2nd baseman, BAD!!! I think with some of the talent they have to trade (Weeks, Hall come to mind) they could get a few young prospects or perhaps a decent younger guy with so-so stats. And I would take so-so stats if they could play some D. Watching Weeks is like watching a train wreck.

Dont the Brewers still have Capuano? Where the hell is that guy? If they keep Sheets they should make him a closer. he can only go a few innings before he gets rocked anyways. I really think Sheets would make a good closer.